Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread (National Signing Day)

ixcuincle

Bama is going to destroy Michigan, and I say that as a diehard Michigan fan.

The Tide has its best offensive line in years, and Michigan, although rapidly improving, still has one major weakness: its defensive line. Alabama will be getting 6 yards a carry, and Saban is smart enough to just let them grind the game away on the ground. It will be boring, Michigan will look much worse than they really are, Alabama will look even better than they really are, and Alabama will win by at least two touchdowns.

And that is why they call me Predicto.

Unfortunately. :(

---------- Post added September-1st-2012 at 08:39 PM ----------

No, you see how Alabama has dominated the line? The RB's are hitting the holes fast, and also their D-Line is light years superior to anything Michigan will see this year. Alabama is frankly a better team than Michigan and it shows. Kind of hard to say they are overrated and they are playing the #2 team and returning National Champs.

Exactly. Alabama is better and worse, is better in the worst way for Michigan - on the lines. RichRod really left the cupboard bare for Michigan on the defensive line in particular.

Michigan may still be a top 10-15 team (r maybe not). It's hard to tell from this game.

---------- Post added September-1st-2012 at 08:41 PM ----------

Why does USC keep going for it on 4th down? Seems like a dick move. They've done it like the past 5 times and they are up 49-10.

Lane Kiffin is a classless scumbag? :whoknows:

Exactly. Alabama is better and worse, is better in the worst way for Michigan - on the lines. RichRod really left the cupboard bare for Michigan on the defensive line in particular.

Michigan may still be a top 10-15 team (r maybe not). It's hard to tell from this game.

Predicto, Hoke still have some more recruiting to do as far as getting that offensive line up to par, and defensive line. He did that with the new class that is there, and addressing it again with the incoming class, and better yet, another QB(Shane Morris) who is a better passer. That game showed me that Alabama or in that case, the top SEC schools are better than the top B1G 10 schools. Michigan like you said is still playing with RichRod players, and he didn't care about offensive or defensive lines. I wouldn't trip about this game because it was tough one to win anyways. On to Air Force.

Eureka (Ill.) College quarterback Sam Durley threw for 736 yards Saturday in a 62-55 victory over Knox to break the NCAA single-game passing record.

Durley completed 34 of 52 passes and threw for five touchdowns, including two in the final two minutes as the Red Devils closed the Division III game with 17 unanswered points

Div III ...but 736 yards? Wow. Without googling it ...anyone know who holds the NCAA Football Bowl Subdivision single-game passing record with 716 yards?

I stopped watching once Bama went up 21-0. I think Hoke has Michigan headed in the right direction, but they just played grown ass men last night. And yeah, Michigan was probably a little overrated in regard to their 8th overall ranking, but preseason rankings mean jack squat anyways, and Bama is just that good. I still thought the game would be competitive in the 4th, with Bama pulling away, but they just had bad intentions last night.

Great win by the Canes though. And as for UMD, I don't even know where to begin. *** Edit, as for that record, without googling, it's either David Klingler or Ty Detmer. Both put up ridiculous numbers.

As a Michigan fan I'm willing to accept that "Bama is just the better team. They dominated us on both sides of the ball and are just flat out better than we are. Hoke has us going in the right direction but we just aren't ready to compete at the highest level yet.

That said, I still have a lot of hope for the rest of the season. The goal coming into this season wasn't to win the national title but to win the Big Ten and losing to 'Bama didn't hurt us in that respect at all.

Houston and Memphis going the Big East? ECU got screwed guys. Maybe ECU to B12 I have no idea.

Memphis lost to one of the worst FCS teams in Tenn. Martin and Houston lost to first year FBS Texas St.

At least ECU beat a reasonably good App State who have 17 conf. titles and 3 FCS championships.

Won 35-13

---------- Post added September-2nd-2012 at 01:41 PM ----------

399643_10151010024287273_2065130167_n.jpg

I stopped watching once Bama went up 21-0. I think Hoke has Michigan headed in the right direction, but they just played grown ass men last night. And yeah, Michigan was probably a little overrated in regard to their 8th overall ranking, but preseason rankings mean jack squat anyways, and Bama is just that good. I still thought the game would be competitive in the 4th, with Bama pulling away, but they just had bad intentions last night.

Great win by the Canes though. And as for UMD, I don't even know where to begin. *** Edit, as for that record, without googling, it's either David Klingler or Ty Detmer. Both put up ridiculous numbers.

After D Rob threw that pick 6. It was game over. No way you can be mad at that. I wish Brandon would have scheduled another SEC team for the 1st game and did a home/home. Guess the 4.5 mil was worth it.

These are my poll results I did for the reddit /cfb forum

1 Alabama

2 USC

3 LSU

4 Oregon

5 Florida State

6 Oklahoma

7 Georgia

8 West Virginia

9 Arkansas

10 South Carolina

11 Clemson

12 Wisconsin

13 Michigan State

14 Nebraska

15 Ohio State

16 Michigan

17 Oklahoma State

18 Texas

19 TCU

20 Kansas State

21 Notre Dame

22 Miami

23 Louisville

24 Stanford

25 Florida

Good win by Miami got them ranked, teams like BSU, Mich, and Florida took hits due to losses or poor performances

These are my poll results I did for the reddit /cfb forum

1 Alabama

2 USC

3 LSU

4 Oregon

5 Florida State

6 Oklahoma

7 Georgia

8 West Virginia

9 Arkansas

10 South Carolina

11 Clemson

12 Wisconsin

13 Michigan State

14 Nebraska

15 Ohio State

16 Michigan

17 Oklahoma State

18 Texas

19 TCU

20 Kansas State

21 Notre Dame

22 Miami

23 Louisville

24 Stanford

25 Florida

Good win by Miami got them ranked, teams like BSU, Mich, and Florida took hits due to losses or poor performances

So Mimi gets ranked for beating a horrible BC team, but VT isn't ranked?

GT hangin in there with #16 VT. Tied at 7 for the half. VT miscues have kept them in the game so far.

In other news FSU star DE Brandon Jenkins is gonna miss the year now. Huge player to lose but if they had depth to spare anywhere it would be the D Line.

Virginia Tech's offense is horrible. Stinespring should be shown the door ASAP

Unlikely. He'll be here as long as Beamer is and at this point I'm fine with letting Beamer walk. This guy obviously cannot get this team to the next level. Should have been gone after the Michigan game debacle.

Archived