Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread (National Signing Day)

ixcuincle

He's more of an SEC cheerleader than a Big Ten cheerleader.

I think it may seem that way, because ESPN itself has to talk about the sexy conference, so much more time is spent on it, and analysts have to discuss the teams, in depth. Herbstreit is pretty neutral, in regards to all conferences, even teams like Boise and Hawaii (back when they were winning a lot of games). Of course, everybody knows that he is a celebrated OSU alum, and is in the national spotlight, which would make fans/alumns of other Big Ten schools irritated (I guess), but going back to all of the OSU ****ups in years past, I never saw/heard him rail on the team, or anyone else. He always gave other teams props for getting the job done.

i understand that. the guys on the field had no clue. the reality they were playing in was different than ours. that's hilarious.

Definitely. However, in the heat of the moment, your brain usually tells you to tackle the opposing jersey player who has the ball, no matter which direction they are running.

:evilg:

Michigan State has some work to do on offense. Their QB needs to mature and their WRs need to get better. Thankfully they have a strong defense and Leveon Bell who was a man among boys. Their D and he allowed them to overcome too many turnovers on offense and still beat Boise St.

You're not missing much

ND up 20-0 :ols:

---------- Post added September-1st-2012 at 10:30 AM ----------

ESPN has unhealthy obsessions with Tebow and the NBA, and now their Gameday broadcast is basically Penn State 24/7

Understand what happened there, ramifications of first game under O'Brien, and without Paterno...but do you need to dedicate the entire show to it

Other games are being played today which don't involve Penn State!

ESPN has unhealthy obsessions with Tebow and the NBA, and now their Gameday broadcast is basically Penn State 24/7

Understand what happened there, ramifications of first game under O'Brien, and without Paterno...but do you need to dedicate the entire show to it

Other games are being played today which don't involve Penn State!

ix, this is a huge story in sports. It's the beginning of the post-Paterno era. Combine that with the scandal issues and you're going to get a lot of coverage. Not to mention there's not very many marquee games today outside of Bama and Michigan. But that will get plenty of coverage from ABC in the evening.

2012-September-1-10-49-13_medium.jpg

---------- Post added September-1st-2012 at 11:12 AM ----------

ix, this is a huge story in sports. It's the beginning of the post-Paterno era. Combine that with the scandal issues and you're going to get a lot of coverage. Not to mention there's not very many marquee games today outside of Bama and Michigan. But that will get plenty of coverage from ABC in the evening.

It's a noteworthy story, but it isn't the only event going on today. ESPN has obsessively covered this for approximately 4 hours, and 95% of GameDay is dedicated to this. Everyone knows what happened. No need to drill the obvious into our heads

HEY

DID YOU KNOW PENN STATE PLAYS THEIR FIRST NON-PATERNO GAME TODAY

I mean I didn't know that

Not like the TV didn't mention it for the last 12 hours

---------- Post added September-1st-2012 at 11:12 AM ----------

It's a noteworthy story, but it isn't the only event going on today. ESPN has obsessively covered this for approximately 4 hours, and 95% of GameDay is dedicated to this. Everyone knows what happened. No need to drill the obvious into our heads

HEY

DID YOU KNOW PENN STATE PLAYS THEIR FIRST NON-PATERNO GAME TODAY

I mean I didn't know that

Not like the TV didn't mention it for the last 12 hours

Agreed. Its time to move on.

Don't watch it/listen to it? :whoknows:

Thinking of muting ESPN commentators because it's all they talk about

Anyway, Geno Smith did well today

---------- Post added September-1st-2012 at 03:17 PM ----------

Ohio is up 24-14 on Penn State. That should seal the deal.

:)

Archived