Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread (National Signing Day)

ixcuincle

Corso was good before he started to juke viewers with his headgear selections

All he has to do is pick a hat. No point in "fooling" viewers. Other than that, don't really have any problems with Corso. He's pretty funny

Yo. You know who will make the difference in *insert every game*. The kicker! It'll be a win for *insert favorite*...but just by this much *shows fingers close together*

- said Lee Corso every ****ing weekend.

Seriously, this man has been senile for over 5+ years. And Herbie the OSU homer isn't much better.

I hate all pre-game shows but Gameday.

I also enjoy watching the games on ESPN, and now through unsanctioned means ;)

Will say their college football coverage on TV is very solid, I even like their "College Football Live" show. Used to watch that during lunch at work. Great show. Online, it's a different story as most of their talent on ESPN.com have left for other networks.

Yo. You know who will make the difference in *insert every game*. The kicker! It'll be a win for *insert favorite*...but just by this much *shows fingers close together*

Seriously, this man has been senile for over 5+ years. And Herbie the OSU homer isn't much better.

:ols: TEG, c'mon dude, I've been watching Gameday for over 10 years. Herbie is far from an OSU homer.

Corso may be close to senile, but College Gameday absolutely would not be the same without him. I was rolling when he was firing that rifle.

Anways, not sure what to make of Michigan/Bama. I think it will ultimately boil down to how much Robinson has improved as a passer. I think Michigans dfense could give Bama problems. Should be a fun game.

Bama is going to destroy Michigan, and I say that as a diehard Michigan fan.

The Tide has its best offensive line in years, and Michigan, although rapidly improving, still has one major weakness: its defensive line. Alabama will be getting 6 yards a carry, and Saban is smart enough to just let them grind the game away on the ground. It will be boring, Michigan will look much worse than they really are, Alabama will look even better than they really are, and Alabama will win by at least two touchdowns.

I want to like Nicky Saban (expecially since he's a native of my parent's state)...but with RR gone..it's easy to root for the underdog (Michigan) in that game. I hope that they can keep it close and score an upset.

That said, I'm sure the voters would find a way to reward Alabama by voting them higher the next week (despite the loss).

:evilg:

Corso is just there for the entertainment factor he provides.

Is he a little out of it at this point? Sure. But he's 77 years old and has never really been the same since his stroke a couple of years ago.

Out of all of the atrocious commentators and TV personalities on ESPN, Corso isn't anywhere close to being near the terrible level of Berman, Trent Dilfer, Gruden, Mark May, Lou Holtz, Matt Millen, Tedy Bruschi...these are just the football personalities that are quickly going through my head.

I'd also agree with Mr. Sinister - Herbstreit isn't an OSU homer.

might not be a OSU homer but he's certainly a Big 10 cheerleader. Even when he tries to be objective w/ harsh truths about the Big 10 its clear in his wording, tone and demeanor that he's biased. His harsh truths are some way worded like backhanded compliments. That said, I think he's as objective as any passionate former player could possibly be.

The Kent State play against Towson was hilarious

He got tackled too or else he would have gone into his own end zone :ols:

You can find the video somewhere

I don't know who that was more embarrassing for: the guy running or Towson? As a Towson Alum I'm going to say the guy that ran the wrong way...

might not be a OSU homer but he's certainly a Big 10 cheerleader. Even when he tries to be objective w/ harsh truths about the Big 10 its clear in his wording, tone and demeanor that he's biased. His harsh truths are some way worded like backhanded compliments. That said, I think he's as objective as any passionate former player could possibly be.

He's more of an SEC cheerleader than a Big Ten cheerleader.

I disagree with you as a PSU fan. Though I have been muted with my usual trash talk leading up to this season, it will be cathartic to see the team on the field again, win or lose. Though I'm hoping for a statement win, because I really want to talk some **** leading up to next week to UVA folks.

Archived