Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread (National Signing Day)

ixcuincle

just did my fantasy NCAA team. i had to auto draft so i'm likely gonna drop some of these guys as soon as waivers come in. Any suggestions on sleepers that no one is talking about but could have a big year. Most of the known studs are already gone so i'm looking for emerging stars. This league is BCS conferences only PPR and return yards 2 RB's 3 WR's and a RB/WR flex. Thanks

QB- Geno Smith- WV

QB- Taylor Martinez- NEB

RB- Silas Redd- USC

RB- De'Anthony Thomas- OR

RB- Ricky Galvin- Wash ST

RB- Norman Warren- Vandy

WR- Jared Abbrederis- WISC

WR- James Johnson- Wash

WR- Uzoma Nwachukwu- aTm

WR- Deandre Hopkins- Clem

WR-Chris Harper Kst

TE Dallin Rogers Utah

DST- OK/ TCU

Pitt, one of the 2 new saviors of the ACC, is giving away opening game tickets if you donate blood.

:doh:

Yes, they have had to resort to that (and tarps) to fill Heinz field.

---------- Post added August-24th-2012 at 07:49 AM ----------

It's being projected that even with only a 50% payout of TV $'s this year in the B12, WVU will get more than it got from the BE TV deal last year.

ols

Bowl Projections (pre-season) from ESPN.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/bowls/projections

Both have two B12 teams going to BCS bowls. I like Schlabach's predictions better though.

:)

---------- Post added August-27th-2012 at 02:07 PM ----------

oh..both have Chik-Fil-A bowl for VPI.

A Chik Fil A game vs either Florida or Arkansas is far more appealing then a BCS game vs a 2nd rate Big East Louisville/South Florida

At least this year the OB is on Jan 1, making travel much easier for it, unlike the nonsense of Jan 5 last year.

Bowl Projections (pre-season) from ESPN.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/bowls/projections

Both have two B12 teams going to BCS bowls. I like Schlabach's predictions better though.

:)

---------- Post added August-27th-2012 at 02:07 PM ----------

oh..both have Chik-Fil-A bowl for VPI.

I wonder why Edwards hates Michigan :ols: MSU lost have of their offensive starting lineup to the draft. The defense is pretty good, but it's going to be between Michigan and Wisconsin this year.

So ESPN3 is going to crack down on streaming their own games on ESPN3, meaning you can't watch the games online anymore. As a peon without cable, this greatly impacts my ability to watch games, in a negative way. An absolutely ignorant and stupid decision.

So ESPN3 is going to crack down on streaming their own games on ESPN3, meaning you can't watch the games online anymore. As a peon without cable, this greatly impacts my ability to watch games, in a negative way. An absolutely ignorant and stupid decision.

How is it ignorant and stupid? All due respect, but you aren't a customer. You aren't giving ESPN any money, since you're not paying a cable bill, which ESPN would get a $5-10 a month cut of. Maybe you're watching the ads, but that's secondary revenue for ESPN. Cable subscriptions are the reason those games are on ESPN and not ABC/CBS/NBC/Fox.

How is it ignorant and stupid? All due respect, but you aren't a customer. You aren't giving ESPN any money, since you're not paying a cable bill, which ESPN would get a $5-10 a month cut of. Maybe you're watching the ads, but that's secondary revenue for ESPN. Cable subscriptions are the reason those games are on ESPN and not ABC/CBS/NBC/Fox.

Because not everyone has access to WatchESPN.

Access to WatchESPN is more restricted than access to ESPN3.

But after cooling down yesterday, everything you said is true. I was taking advantage of a free service that my ISP provided in concert with ESPN. I was taking advantage of ESPN3's extremely early feeds to post earlier than everyone else.

I will miss ESPN3, but now I understand that basically every cable network is doing this now. Since I'm not paying 100 bucks to watch 3 channels, I will resort to other means to watch games for free. RIP ESPN3.

Corso may be close to senile, but College Gameday absolutely would not be the same without him. I was rolling when he was firing that rifle.

Anways, not sure what to make of Michigan/Bama. I think it will ultimately boil down to how much Robinson has improved as a passer. I think Michigans dfense could give Bama problems. SHoul dbe a fun game.

Corso is a has-been. I remember when he got so fired up that he dropped a profanity on-air during his stupid headgear segment.

Used to be a fan, but his schtick gets old. He will grab one hat, then switch up and pick another hat. :ols: He does this all the time, just pick your hat

I love corso. yeah his schtick is old, but thats part of the charm of old people. College gameday is the best show on ESPN. from the signs to analysis to guest pickers its the best sports show on the planet.

In other news Floyd Mayweather bet 3mil on Michigan +14.

agree to disagree. Berman is an assclown hype man. Corso was a coach and actually knows what he's talking about and he's real. sure he's a little goofy but he's always been that way even before college football got really big and all the coverage... He comes off as sincere and not schticky. he does it for the love of the game. I think he's nothing like Berman and more like Vitale but not as annoying and loud. Say what you want about vitale and corso, but you can't deny their sincerity, love and knowledge of thier game. I look at them as grandparents quirky but so real you have to respect them. I appreciate thier enthusiasm and how they promote thier game.

So what's the story with Corso? I'm generally curious. I mean I can see why people wouldn't want him in a sesne that he really doesn't bring much to the tabl ein the way of discussion anymore, and that he's sort of an old coot, but why lump him in with Berman, who is the douche of all douches? Is there something else out there that would bring relevancy to that comparison?

Corso doesn't bother me too much since Herbstreit is there and knows what he's talking about.

But I absolutely cannot stand Lou Holtz and Mark May. If I have to listen to one more stuttering "Dr. Lou" segment I might rip my ears off.

Oh and by the way, GO VOLS!!! :)

agree to disagree. Berman is an assclown hype man. Corso was a coach and actually knows what he's talking about and he's real. sure he's a little goofy but he's always been that way even before college football got really big and all the coverage... He comes off as sincere and not schticky. he does it for the love of the game. I think he's nothing like Berman and more like Vitale but not as annoying and loud. Say what you want about vitale and corso, but you can't deny their sincerity, love and knowledge of thier game. I look at them as grandparents quirky but so real you have to respect them. I appreciate thier enthusiasm and how they promote thier game.

I agree with everything here.

Sure Corso and Vitale can get annoying and old, but they do offer some informative opinions and they really do care about the games they cover.

Berman OTOH, is just plain annoying and really offers nothing that the average fan couldn't figure out on their own.

Archived