Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread (National Signing Day)

ixcuincle

http://preseason.stassen.com/over-under/all-teams.html

-8 1/2 spots over a span of 22 years.

It's not like they are Notre Dame or Oklahoma.

Someone actually took the time to create a formula and a chart to calculate over ratedness. Im kind of impressed even if it is insanely flawed. When i look at the top 10 over rated teams on that list I see a lot of national championships since the list started (1989).

As an ACC fan, the ACC made the biggest mistake not inviting WVA into the conference. They really needed a legitimate top 10 team outside of Va Tech and FL State. Take in WVA and Pitt, you have the backyard brawl every year, plus neither of these two schools are too shabby in the basketball arena. The last thing the ACC needed was more competition on the court. They will rue the day they didn't take WVA and I'm a MD fan.

PJ,

The ACC likes to say that it would never have considered WVU because of academics. Who knows though.

That was a tough loss (yesterday?) of your only QB with experience..good luck this year in your other 11 games.

:evilg:

I thought that was such a lame excuse by the ACC. It's not like all the schools are considered on par with Harvard or Stanford. Has the ACC seen the types of athletes that have gone through tobacco road within the last 30 years? Washburn, Bias, Marbury (He called GA Tech at his decision day- Georgia Tech University instead of Georgia Tech Institute of Technology) and now the Peppers grade scandal at UNC. Really ACC? You dumbasses just screwed youselves out of the national title hunt. WVA was the perfect choice in EVERY way sports wise. Just like the SEC has Vanderbilt, we have Duke. How much more acedemics do you need?

And yeah, that is a tough loss with our QB. But they were destined to suck this year anyway. My alma mater is Memphis, so I'm used to not having good college football teams. But college basketball on the other hand.....

I disagree. Academics aside, they absolutely needed a team that is an annual top 20 football program.

They finished top 20 only 5 times in the last 20 years. Far from an "annual top 20 football program". Not to say that the ACC is a power house, they certainly could have used them athletically, but academically they still fall too far short. I agree with the above. They fit well in the big 12 competitively, if not geographically.

They finished top 20 only 5 times in the last 20 years. Far from an "annual top 20 football program". Not to say that the ACC is a power house, they certainly could have used them athletically, but academically they still fall too far short. I agree with the above. They fit well in the big 12 competitively, if not geographically.

Again, I'm not worried about academics. If the ACC wants to be a seriuos contender in the national title talk, WVA trumps anything that Syracuse can offer and then some. Geographically how the hell does WV fit in the Big 12? Last I checked, ,most of the Big 12 resided in the midwest unless we just had a major earthquake that lifted the mountaineer state in between Oklahoma and Nebraska.

The only thing that Syracuse brings to the table football wise that WVA doesn't, is TV market. They cornered western NY with the Orange. Even if WV has only been a top 20 team 5 times in the last 20 years, they have a better football history then Syracuse.

Again, I'm not worried about academics. If the ACC wants to be a seriuos contender in the national title talk, WVA trumps anything that Syracuse can offer and then some. Geographically how the hell does WV fit in the Big 12? Last I checked, ,most of the Big 12 resided in the midwest unless we just had a major earthquake that lifted the mountaineer state in between Oklahoma and Nebraska.

The only thing that Syracuse brings to the table football wise that WVA doesn't, is TV market. They cornered western NY with the Orange. Even if WV has only been a top 20 team 5 times in the last 20 years, they have a better football history then Syracuse.

Your not worried about academics but the ACC figure heads all are. If Florida State was questionable to get in, then no way is WV gonna be allowed in. Not saying its the smartest plan to get a national championship team, but at least theyre maintaining their integrity. I dont necessarily agree with that. I would have been all for letting WV in, but im not gonna sit here and act like they were the ACC's last hope to get a national championship, because lets face it they have never won one, and they're 14-17 in bowl games. FSU, VT, and even Clemson the last few years have been inching closer. Virginia took a decent step last year and may be able to build on it and become a decent team. Miami believe it or not still brings in recruits despite all their troubles. They could be contenders in the next 5-10 years if they keep that up. Even with WV in the mix I would still put my money on FSU or VT representing the ACC this year. If West Virginia would have joined the ACC I dont think they would have become "saviors"

I'm sorry. Any time MSU is rated #8 and in all other polls don't even crack the top 10, the top 10 is cancelled in my opinion(sorry China), I think they meant to say Michigan.

No offense taken. They must mean Michigan. Polls I've seen have Michigan at #8 and MSU at anywhere from 11-13.

I expect them to drop off this year, I'll be curious what their new QB can do.

But 4 times in the last 7 years and only 3 schools have more BCS wins, if I'm doing the math correctly.

I'm just glad that WVU is in a more legitimate conference. No more "if WVU wins out - they still don't deserve to be in the big game" debate. If we win out - we're in. Unless the SEC has an undefeated and a one loss team - which case we'll watch the SEC championship AGAIN. bleh.

Hail and LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!!!!

Archived