Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread (National Signing Day)

ixcuincle

Having an entire year to prepare for GT is a huge break.

I was reading an interview with Foster on Espn and he had this to say.

How long' date=' technically, have you been preparing for this? (GT game)

BF: I’d say about the middle of last week, to be honest with you....[url']http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/id/43242/qa-with-bud-foster[/url]

I dont really doubt it either way. VT's D line and linebackers were talented enough that i dont think they needed a whole lot of time.

I dont really doubt it either way. VT's D line and linebackers were talented enough that i dont think they needed a whole lot of time.
Well VT has a habit of using their BYE right before the GT game, so I think they generally take longer than usual to prepare for GT. However, the notion that Bud Foster spent all of spring practice preparing for GT is ludicrous. That would mean he would be ignoring the other 10 games on the schedule to prep his defense for 1 game.

I don't think that Virginia Tech spent 12 months putting in a game plan for one game. But most teams have about three days to prepare for the triple option. Not having to rush through that prep work is an advantage. That's all. Did not mean to sully the good name of Bud Foster.

(Also, it's good to see that Hokie fans are just as sensitive as ever).

I'm glad WVU gets the bye week to prepare for JMU.

:doh:

---------- Post added September-5th-2012 at 11:55 AM ----------

I can only imagine how funny this would be had GT won.

GT_VT_T.jpg

‘T’ stolen from Virginia Tech’s Lane S adium

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/t-stolen-virginia-tech-lane-adium-154326200--ncaaf.html

Georgia Tech may have lost 20-17 in overtime to Virginia Tech, but it's fans may have gotten the last laugh in the battle of nerdy Tech traditions.

One of the Yellow Jackets' intrepid fans made off with the "T" from the Lane

S adium sign outside of the box office, police told the Roanoke News.

Stealing the "T" is a longstanding Georgia Tech tradition. Georgia Tech students have been stealing the "T" from the Tech Tower on their campus since the 1960s. Since then, the prank has expanded to stealing "T's" wherever they can.

MORE AFTER LINK

Duke, Wake, BC, NC State, MD, UVA, Pitt, Syracuse...that's a murders row of football in the ACC.

---------- Post added September-7th-2012 at 07:13 AM ----------

Cincinnati crushed Pitt last night 34-10. Heck of an addition you got there, ACC. :)

Think the Pitt fan would take 8 win Wannstadt back, right now?

:evilg:

---------- Post added September-7th-2012 at 07:41 AM ----------

..and another reason that the move to the B12 was good for WVU.

13 year agreement that will pay over $20mil per team a year in Tier 1 funds. Not bad.

http://www.big12sports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=10410&ATCLID=205680799

Big 12 Announces New Media Rights Agreements With ESPN & FOX Sports Media Group

The Big 12 Conference announced it has reached agreement with ESPN and FOX Sports Media Group that extends and expands its partnerships with both media enterprises.

As part of the agreement both companies will jointly share the Conference's football over-the-air and cable rights. ESPN continues as the primary rights holder of Big 12 men's basketball, including the Phillips 66 Big 12 Men's Basketball Championship.

The new 13-year deal with ESPN begins with the upcoming 2012-13 season and runs through 2024-25, replacing the previous eight-year agreement that was scheduled to run through 2015-16. The new Big 12/ESPN contract now runs concurrently with the 13-year agreement between the Conference and FOX. That agreement, announced last spring, has been augmented to reflect the expansion of rights and platforms.

"The stability of the Big 12 Conference is cemented," said commissioner Bob Bowlsby. "We are positioned with one of the best media rights arrangements in collegiate sports, providing the Conference and its members unprecedented revenue growth, and sports programming over two networks."

Highlights of the joint agreement include:

• An increase in the number of guaranteed full national football telecasts to a minimum of 25 per season on a combination of ABC, FOX, ESPN and FX.
  • Allows FOX over-the-air access to Big 12 football with a minimum of six games annually on broadcast television.
  • Allows ESPN Cable Access to Big 12 Football for ESPN, ESPN2 & ESPNU.
  • Provides FOX with enhanced selections through 2015. ESPN and FOX share rotating game selections beginning in 2016.
  • All media, "TV everywhere" rights to ESPN and FOX.

MORE AFTER LINK

I'm sure FSU is happy to not play WVU as well.

:)

edit - and unless I'm forgetting something...there were other options to Savannah State...just not at the price they wanted to pay.

---------- Post added September-7th-2012 at 01:28 PM ----------

Really, the only losers to that game being cancelled are the fans. And we don't matter much these days.

Archived