Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

First Depth Chart Released - Will be used for 1st Pre Season Game (via HTTR 24-7)

Farbod21

X Receiver

1.) Pierre Garçon

2.) Anthony Armstrong

3.) Brandon Banks

4.) Aldrick Robinson

5.) Samuel Kirkland

Z Receiver (WR-2)

1.) Santana Moss

2.) Leonard Hankerson

3.) Josh Morgan

4.) Terrence Austin

5.) Lance Lewis

6.) Darius Hanks

7.) Dezmon Briscoe

Running Backs:

1.) Tim Hightower

2.) Evan Royster

3.) Roy Helu Jr.

4.) Alfred Morris

5.) Tristan Davis

6.) Lennon Creer

7.) Antwon Bailey

Tight End

1.) Fred Davis

2.) Chris Cooley

3.) Niles Paul

4.) Logan Paulsen

5.) Richard Quinn

6.) Beau Reliford

Fullback

1.) Darrel Young

2.) Chris Cooley

3.) Dorson Bryce

Starting Offensive Line:

1.) LT Trent Williams

2.) LG Kory Lichtensteiger

3.) C Will Montgomery

4.) RG Chris Chester

5.) RT Jammal Brown

Second Team Offensive Line

1.) LT Tom Compton

2.) LG Maurice Hurt

3.) C Erik Cook

4.) RG Adam Gettis

5.) RT Tyler Polumbus

(G Josh LeRibeus and T Willie Smith is listed on the third team)

Quarterbacks:

1.) Robert Griffin III

2.) Rex Grossman

3.) Kirk Cousins

4.) Jonathan Crompton

Left Defensive Ends

1.) Adam Carriker

2.) Kedric Golston

3.) Doug Worthington

Right Defensive End

1.) Stephen Bowen

2.) Jarvis Jenkins

3.) Darrion Scott

Nose Tackle

1.) Barry Cofield

2.) Chris Neild

3.) Chris Baker

4.) Delvin Johnson

Right Outside Linebacker

1.) Brian Orakpo

2.) Rob Jackson

3.) Brian McNally

MIC Linebacker

1.) London Fletcher

2.) Lorenzo Alexander

3.) Donnell Holt

JACK Linebacker

1.) Perry Riley

2.) Bryan Kehl

3.) Keenan Robinson

Left Outside Linebacker

1.) Ryan Kerrigan

2.) Chris Wilson

3.) Markus White

4.) Monty White

Left Cornerback

1.) DeAngelo Hall

2.) Cedric Griffin

3.) Richard Crawford

4.) Morgan Trent

Right Cornerback

1.) Josh Wilson

2.) Kevin Barnes

3.) Brandyn Thompson

4.) Travon Bellamy

Free Safety

1.) Madieu Williams

2.) DeJon Gomes

3.) Tanard Jackson

Strong Safety

1.) Brandon Merriweather

2.) Reed Doughty

3.) Jordan Bernstine

Kickers

1.) Graham Gano

2.) Neil Rackers

Kick Returners

1.) Brandon Banks

2.) Aldrick Robinson

3.) Anthony Armstrong

4.) Niles Paul

5.) Tristan Davis

Punt Returns

1.) Brandon Banks

2.) Aldrick Robinson

3.) Anthony Armstrong

4.) Richard Crawford

5.) Santana Moss

6.) Terrence Austin

http://httr24-7.com/?p=2102&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Is Z receiver slot receiver or what? I'm bad at economic terms. What's the difference? It looks like X is deep threat or speedy guys.

And wow, Dezmon Briscoe below Darius Hanks, Lance Lewis, and Terrence Austin? That's kinda strange.

And is Tanard Jackson a 3rd stringer? I know he misses a lot of tackles but that's weird.

Strange that LeRibeus and Willie Smith are 3rd stringers, have they been underwhelming that badly?

Is Z receiver slot receiver or what? I'm bad at economic terms. What's the difference? It looks like X is deep threat or speedy guys.

X receivers are lined up closer to the line of scrimmage, and therefore have to be a lot better at getting off press and bump and run coverage.

Z receivers are lined up off the line of scrimmage and don't have to face as much contact as other guys. It helps smaller guys get an advantage on defensive guys, and bigger guys can use their big bodies to take advantage of the defense as well.

Should've written that this depth chart doesn't mean a whole hell of a lot.

I have to wonder how long it will be before we are starting Gomes and Doughty. I just don't see the upgrade there.

If you consider the fact that Meriweather is just not very good, coupled with the fact that he loves to lead with his helmet I doubt he will be a starter very long. I think Jackson and Williams will be fine back there but I just don't see Meriweather sticking around very long.

If you consider the fact that Meriweather is just not very good, coupled with the fact that he loves to lead with his helmet I doubt he will be a starter very long. I think Jackson and Williams will be fine back there but I just don't see Meriweather sticking around very long.

Yep. We be hurtin' back there.

Meriweather went to 2 Pro Bowls last I checked. He was miscast as a Cover 2 safety in Chicago. And Meriweather has gotten nothing but praise in camp.

If you consider the fact that Meriweather is just not very good, coupled with the fact that he loves to lead with his helmet I doubt he will be a starter very long.

Looks like you can replace Landry with Meriweather and it would still be true.

He was good in New England his first few seasons, then badly misused in Chicago.

I know they have to put a depth chart together, but arent 3 of the guys they have starting on the OL injured?

I was thinking the same thing. That area is definitely going to change and we could easily see unknown FAs starting on the starting unit of the OL come Thursday vs the Bills and through the preseason and into the regular season if guys don't get back.

He was good in New England his first few seasons, then badly misused in Chicago.

Maybe part of my problem with Meriweather is his immaturity but I also despise the fact that he leads with his helmet so obviously. It's not even like he tries to disguise it, it's blatant and I think he's a cheap shot artist.

Here's an example:

And he's done this several times. I watched him do it last year with Chicago too. Just don't care for the guy at all really.

No real surprises anywhere in terms of starters.

I wonder how long it'll take Jackson to crawl his way up the chart, if he does at all. He just started practicing again, and I still have high hopes for him eventually.

As others have said, Meriweather isn't as bad as he played in Chicago. In the right scheme, he's going to be a solid starter at the very least, so long as he can limit his penalties.

X receivers are lined up closer to the line of scrimmage, and therefore have to be a lot better at getting off press and bump and run coverage.

Z receivers are lined up off the line of scrimmage and don't have to face as much contact as other guys. It helps smaller guys get an advantage on defensive guys, and bigger guys can use their big bodies to take advantage of the defense as well.

Kind of strikes me as strange that Armstrong and Banks are 2 and 3 as the X. I thought Armstrong was fairly weak against the bump, and of course Banks is tiny. Maybe I'm just missing something.

Then again, it's just the 1st pre-season game, so maybe that'll change.

This Depth Chart seems more based on seniority than reality to me. I think that there will be major changes to it come the regular season.

Just something put up to placate fan and media interest.

I wouldn't read too much into it, or with what group whomever takes to the field, in pre-season. Let alone the regular season.

Hail.

Archived