Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Monday 7/30: training camp tweets

Am I the only one who noticed a serious improvement in the running game when Polumbus came in for Jammal Brown? The dude was a bull last year.

I'm not terrible worried about Lich. He'll be ready to start the season, but we have the Clown Killer in case something happens and Mo Hurt did place better as the season went on last year. Let's take a deep breath here and let these guys figure each other out.

We are talking five days of camp, men.

Agreed. But its not like we can make any moves that would be any better. Unless we fully panic and give up a 2nd rounder for a LG that already plays in the ZBS. Teams will be looking to fleece us if we ask about their LG's.

This what I thought was the case this morning with Oakland, they signed Mike Briesel over the offseason.

#Redskins S Reed Doughty deflects ball intended for TE Paulsen. WR Armstrong makes reception and streaks downfield for score #skinscamp

:yikes: :rubeyes:

Doughty gets his hands on a ball TWO days in a row??

I believe that's a sign of the apocalypse!

Oh wait,,it went for a touchdown... global disaster averted! Everything's normal.

~Bang

Calm down Vinny.

I'm not worried about depth on the interior of the line. We have good options there with LeRib and Gettis so we're fine as long as Kory's not out for an extended period. OT is a different story. We were thin to start with. If jamaal and Willie are going to miss extended camp time, you have to start talking with other teams about trade options or looking at FAs like K. Mckenzie. That's not a panic move, it's something that should have been addresses in the offseason. Willie and Polumbus are solid backups, but the FO never should have relied on Jamaal.

Am I the only one who noticed a serious improvement in the running game when Polumbus came in for Jammal Brown? The dude was a bull last year.

I'm not terrible worried about Lich. He'll be ready to start the season, but we have the Clown Killer in case something happens and Mo Hurt did place better as the season went on last year. Let's take a deep breath here and let these guys figure each other out.

We are talking five days of camp, men.

I saw it. I am comfortable with Palumbus, and it sure as hell looked like he had the makings of a starting RT down the stretch. Given his lvel of experience, he played VERY well.

~Bang

Dan Graziano Dan Graziano ‏@espn_nfceast

Anyway, I recently got done watching Redskins practice. Anyone have questions?

Hm. Evan Royster? RT @Hokieskins1: @espn_nfceast who surprised you the most in a good way?

Mine too. RT @GoingHard_inger: Why are Eagles still using Nnamdi inside and putting Marsh on the outside instead? It hurts my brain.

Looks to me like a very athletic rookie QB, learning. RT @Captain_Rabs: @espn_nfceast what are your thoughts on RG3

I think very. RT @UVApolitics87: @espn_nfceast How concerned should we really be about the O-Line? Is it panic time already?

Big! RT @ItSmEtWiGgA: @espn_nfceast How does Garçon look out there?

Fine. And no. RT @RichRBruno: @espn_nfceast How did J Jenkins look coming off of the injury? Did Oline reserves hold their own at RT and G?

Wide open. RT @Jimmy_Beans25: @espn_nfceast who do you thjnn js startin at rb week 1? Given hightowers knee isnt close to 100%

Perry Riley, I believe, has that spot locked. RT @joeyybirdd: @espn_nfceast whos the favorite to start inside alongside fletcher

Keep on dreaming. RT @BAlexander79: @espn_nfceast thoughts on possibly shipping cooley + extras for mike wallace?

Like a rookie. RT @Loud_Mouth_Ant: @espn_nfceast how does @RGIII look under pressure??

No. But maybe that's good? RT @RedskinsST21: @espn_nfceast anything memorable from the safety spot?

Yeah. Like the DE rotation and the LBs a lot. RT @TheMajestic9: @espn_nfceast did that Front 7 On D impress you?

---------- Post added July-30th-2012 at 04:21 PM ----------

409727_638958804937_2139439919_n.jpg

This what I thought was the case this morning with Oakland, they signed Mike Briesel over the offseason.

They have a Mackenzie out there running the show now... I don't remember if he was there for the Carson Palmer deal or not... but I wouldn't expect that Cooley will bring anything except a quick punchline and then a rebuttal from here on the board.

---------- Post added July-30th-2012 at 07:31 PM ----------

I think very. RT @UVApolitics87: @espn_nfceast How concerned should we really be about the O-Line? Is it panic time already?

Huh... is he saying we should very panic or that we should be very concerned?

Huh... is he saying we should very panic or that we should be very concerned?

That we should be very concerned. Graz is pretty even-keeled. But even considering that I don't think there's cause to be concerned until after week 1.

That we should be very concerned. Graz is pretty even-keeled. But even considering that I don't think there's cause to be concerned until after week 1.

It's better to try to fix the problem now rather than linger and try to get in someone to learn the playbook when the season has already started...

It's better to try to fix the problem now rather than linger and try to get in someone to learn the playbook when the season has already started...

Well, like the coach said, there's not really anyone out there for us to "get." So the only practical solution is to work with what we have and see if the depth we've been building the past three seasons is going to pay off or not.

I'm with you on this one. I wouldn't trip. I love guys like Graziano and even Florio for their reporting.... but I always get suspect when they opine on football.

Bobby Knight used to use 7 men against his 5 players at Indiana to get them ready for press coverage. No telling what's going on right now. I suspect it's a gel issue... which is common for this time in the offseason.

Calm down Vinny.

Haha, Vinnny addressed our OL woes even less than Shanahan/Allen does.

---------- Post added July-30th-2012 at 05:21 PM ----------

Grant Paulsen ‏@granthpaulsen

Mike Shanahan was asked if the #Redskins will sign FA linemen to help his offensive front: "Those guys aren't out there."

Guess not if you wait 'til now to address the problem.

Guess not if you wait 'til now to address the problem.

All their offensive lineman were healthy to start with. They signed lineman in free agency, drafted three offensive lineman, signed UDFA offensive lineman, and have all but one of the lineman they added last year.

Now I ask; what in the bluest of bluest hells do you expect them to do? Injuries happen, and they suck, but anyone still preaching the whole "SHANAHAN HASN'T DONE ENOUGH TO IMPROVE THE LINE!" schtick needs to open their eyes.

All their offensive lineman were healthy to start with. They signed lineman in free agency, drafted three offensive lineman, signed UDFA offensive lineman, and have all but one of the lineman they added last year.

Now I ask; what in the bluest of bluest hells do you expect them to do? Injuries happen, and they suck, but anyone still preaching the whole "SHANAHAN HASN'T DONE ENOUGH TO IMPROVE THE LINE!" schtick needs to open their eyes.

I agree with you NLC. People act like we should be finding these quality OL player in the draft while improving the team in other areas. Many fans don't understand the damage and neglect that the old regime

left behind to Shannahan and Allen. Many other franchises could find one offensive lineman and could be substantially better on their line, but IF the Redskins found one it wouldn't make too much of a difference

because we need help on multiple parts of the line. I think so far Shannahan has been banking on diamonds in the rough. I think that's been his only options so far. Hopefully by the end of his contract we should

see the O-line fixed or almost, and I think that's only fair to give for a decade of neglect to a offensive line. Many thought we were a piece away from contending, and now Shannahan is left cleaning up that pipe

dream.

What would you pay them with Monopoly money?

Do you remember we lost $36 Million split for this year and next?

Shanny has done added depth which will payoff this year.

Don't sell Gettis short as he has great foot speed and was the steal of the draft.

So, is it good or bad that I haven't seen James Lee mentioned? I'm sure he's behind Smith and Polumbus in terms of the system, but he may be another one to watch for.

Sure hope Smith is alright though (and Young too - Morris is going to get a ton of work though, which is good).

Archived