Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Monday 7/30: training camp tweets

Grant Paulsen ‏@granthpaulsen

Mike Shanahan: Jonathan Goff tore his ACL and will miss the entire 2012 season. #Redskins

Damn, you gotta be so careful with how you come back from ACL surgery..That's probably a career ender, having another one like that

Mike Shanahan: Kory Lichtensteiger had a knee surgery today. Minor scope. "Hopefully he'll be ready for the first game." #Redskins

---------- Post added July-30th-2012 at 03:00 PM ----------

Jerry McDonald ‏@Jerrymcd

Disregard rumor of Raiders trade for Redskins' Chris Cooley. Not going to happen.

Yeah, they just said on Comcast Sports that Kory is out for the remainder of the pre-season.

What the hell? A Knee Surgery. Jese...This Line is just a mess. 2 starters out indefinitely now. We need to make a move

Honestly? The move we made was in the 2012 draft. That's why we drafted LeRibeus in the 3rd and Gettis in the 5th. I was looking at a RT in the draft, but I guess they knew we needed more interior O-line depth, so they grabbed 2 guards instead.

Mike Shanahan: Jonathan Goff tore his ACL and will miss the entire 2012 season. #Redskins

Ahh man are you kidding me? I hate that happened to him. Unbelievable:( Do you think he could ever get back?

Redskins ‏@Redskins Shanahan says OG Maurice Hurt and Josh LeRibeus will both get reps at LG while Lichtensteiger is out. #skinscamp

Wait, I thought Hurt was getting reps at RT? Brown's out so it was a battle between Polumbus, Hurt, and Willie Smith?

---------- Post added July-30th-2012 at 06:10 PM ----------

Ahh man are you kidding me? I hate that happened to him. Unbelievable:( Do you think he could ever get back?

I seriously doubt it. It's multiple recurring injuries to the same knee. But he was iffy on making the roster anyways. He was likely battling for a roster spot between Lorenzo Alexander and Bryan Kehl. Keenan Robinson wasn't going to get cut.

Redskins ‏@Redskins

Shanahan confirms rookie talent show will start tomorrow night. "They tend to focus more on that stuff than they do the playbook."

3m Redskins ‏@Redskins

Shanahan says it was not his idea to have @RGIII and @LFletcher59 lockers next to one another, but approved the idea when presented.

5m Redskins ‏@Redskins

Shanahan predicts S Tanard Jackson will be ready fairly quickly after NFL PUP rules allow him to practice. #skinscamp

Honestly? The move we made was in the 2012 draft. That's why we drafted LeRibeus in the 3rd and Gettis in the 5th. I was looking at a RT in the draft, but I guess they knew we needed more interior O-line depth, so they grabbed 2 guards instead.

For Depth purposes sure. But to say those guys are ready to be full-time starters Week 1. I have serious doubts

Wait, I thought Hurt was getting reps at RT? Brown's out so it was a battle between Polumbus, Hurt, and Willie Smith?

I thought Shanahan said that in one of the videos on redskins.com but I can't remember now? I don't exactly remember but kind of sounds familiar. I just copied and pasted from the Redskins twitter

#Redskins' starting OL at today's practice, left to right: Trent Williams, Maurice Hurt, Will Montgomery, Chris Chester, Tyler Polumbus.

Chris Russell Chris Russell ‏@Russellmania980

Tanard Jackson is also off the PUP. Darrel Young has the hamstring. It didn't sound like Shanahan was very optimistic. Morgan - cramp.

Grant Paulsen Grant Paulsen ‏@granthpaulsen

At this point the #Redskins' starting offensive line will likely be without Jammal Brown and Kory Lichtensteiger to open the preseason.

Scott Hanson ‏@ScottHanson

. @rgiii tells me he will sing "My Girl" tonight @redskins rookie talent show. Hopes to not get boo'd off stage like Andrew Luck.

I think this one has been posted

Chris Russell ‏@Russellmania980

Mike Shanahan says he would not hesitate to start Kory Lichtensteiger in Week 1 at New Orleans, as long as he's healthy/able to practice.

For Depth purposes sure. But to say those guys are ready to be full-time starters Week 1. I have serious doubts

Agreed. But its not like we can make any moves that would be any better. Unless we fully panic and give up a 2nd rounder for a LG that already plays in the ZBS. Teams will be looking to fleece us if we ask about their LG's.

No they weren't. Grossman was sacked 26 times in 13 games. Beck was sacked 15 times in 3 games. Also Big Ben and Rodgers get sacked a lot because of how they play. They like to hold onto the ball and try and move around to buy more time for a WR to get open.

Thank you. Rex has a lot of flaws but lets not go blaming every problem in our offense on him. Considering the OL issues we had and pass rushes we faced Rex did a really good job of getting the ball out of his hands. It was Beck that was sacking himself out there.

This OL is not going to be pretty. They ended last season needing 3 OL, and they're gonna start next season needing 3 OL unless they nailed one of these draft picks. I'm not a huge Lichensteiger guy and you're really hanging on him coming back 100%. This is a great way to protect the investment.

just rather be talking bout o line injurys now then game 3 hopefully they can come up with some kind of gameplan before the season starts to patch things up a little

---------- Post added July-30th-2012 at 03:50 PM ----------

and lets see how the rg3 effect has on the oline he might have something to do with there play also he cant block but he can get rid of the ball 100 times faster than grossman or beck

Archived