Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Monday 7/30: training camp tweets

I'm scared guys...Yeah the D looks great, but lets not kid ourselves, we aren't the best pass rushing team in the NFC East. I fear what the Giants, Eagles and Cowboys are going to do to our offensive line

And there are some bad OL in the league. The Skins QB's got sacked 41 times. Big Ben? 42 times

Aaron Rodgers? 41 times

I'm not worried about the Skins OL. No QB has forever too throw. And most of the time those sacks were on Rex. No pocket awareness at all!

Redskins ‏@Redskins

Griffin III says his relationship with Rex Grossman is a huge asset for success. "It's definitely been a big help for me." #skinscamp

---------- Post added July-30th-2012 at 02:41 PM ----------

Mike Jones ‏@MikeJonesWaPo

Griffin said coaches are throwing a lot of exotic defensive looks at him.

Grant Paulsen Grant Paulsen ‏@granthpaulsen

RGIII says the #Redskins defense is giving him "the hardest looks possible" to prepare him for everything he'll see. #Redskins

John Keim John Keim ‏@john_keim

Griffin: coach is trying to give me the hardest looks possible to get me ready. #redskins

Mike Jones Mike Jones ‏@MikeJonesWaPo

Griffin says competition he's facing from the defense is helping make him better.

Robert Griffin: "I feel a lot better today than I did in OTAs or minicamp."

Grant Paulsen Grant Paulsen ‏@granthpaulsen

RGIII says he felt like the defense dominated the offense at OTA's. Says he thinks things are evening out now in training camp.

---------- Post added July-30th-2012 at 02:42 PM ----------

Griffin believes he and receivers "have a really good chemistry right now."

Griffin: "unfortunately it didn't work out for Rex, and I'm here, but he's helping me in any way he can."

Grant Paulsen ‏@granthpaulsen

RGIII on the option: "Coach promised me he's not going to get me killed. We'll be smart." He said he'll do what he has to, to move the ball.

Griffin said he's keeping tabs on his injured starting offensive linemen and wants them there, but trusts the backups as well.

John Keim ‏@john_keim

Griffin said he met @wale at the draft. "He's a really cool guy." Says hopefull get more celebs out here -- like K. Durant.

---------- Post added July-30th-2012 at 02:45 PM ----------

John Keim ‏@john_keim

Griffin said he ran down bryan kehl after a fumble "because I could." #redskins

Griffin on running down Kehl, "it just shows my teammates, don't give up the play."

---------- Post added July-30th-2012 at 02:46 PM ----------

RGIII says he will be singing Temptations "My Girl" tonight at the rookie show. #Redskins

---------- Post added July-30th-2012 at 02:46 PM ----------

Redskins ‏@Redskins

Griffin III says he chased down LB Bryan Kehl on full team drill fumble recovery "cause I could." "That was for the team...no free TDs."

And there are some bad OL in the league. The Skins QB's got sacked 41 times. Big Ben? 42 times

Aaron Rodgers? 41 times

I'm not worried about the Skins OL. No QB has forever too throw. And most of the time those sacks were on Rex. No pocket awareness at all!

No they weren't. Grossman was sacked 26 times in 13 games. Beck was sacked 15 times in 3 games. Also Big Ben and Rodgers get sacked a lot because of how they play. They like to hold onto the ball and try and move around to buy more time for a WR to get open.

Griffin said he ran down bryan kehl after a fumble "because I could." #redskins

Griffin on running down Kehl, "it just shows my teammates, don't give up the play."[COLOR="Gold"]

Griffin III says he chased down LB Bryan Kehl on full team drill fumble recovery "cause I could." "That was for the team...no free TDs."[/QUOTE]

Hot Damn, ya just gotta love that attitude.

I am sure hoping its contageous !!!!!!!!!!

Aaron Rodgers? 41 times

Most importantly, 10 of them were from a single game of Beck's ineptitude.

@ScottHanson

Just finished @rgiii news conference. Man, is the dude comfortable in his skin. Projects confidence and smarts w out coming across ****y.

---------- Post added July-30th-2012 at 05:57 PM ----------

@ScottHanson

I asked him if the vets have humbled him ala A. Luck signing "country roads"... He says coming tonight. Rookie talent show.

No they weren't. Grossman was sacked 26 times in 13 games. Beck was sacked 15 times in 3 games. Also Big Ben and Rodgers get sacked a lot because of how they play. They like to hold onto the ball and try and move around to buy more time for a WR to get open.

For Rex, 2 sacks a game isn't terrible. It's actually damn decent compared to what we had before.

For Beck, he sacked himself. I'm not saying all those sacks were solely his fault. But I'd say there were a decent amount of sacks that he took because he tries to pull the ball down and run, or he didn't get it out quick enough, or he just crumbled under the pressure. And those numbers are skewed by that Bills game. Any time a team gives up 10 sacks in a game, it's not just the o-line. Beck gave the Bills a few "gimmee" sacks in that game.

Mike Shanahan: Kory Lichtensteiger had a knee surgery today. Minor scope. "Hopefully he'll be ready for the first game." #Redskins

Redskins‏ @Redskins

#Redskins HC Mike Shanahan says OG Kory Lichtensteiger had knee scoped, knee ligaments check out fine. Could be back in time for Colts game.

Grant Paulsen‏ @granthpaulsen

Mike Shanahan: Kory Lichtensteiger was sore and had an MRI, which showed particles. That's why he had the procedure. ACL/MCL are fine.

Mike Shanahan: Tanard Jackson is off the PUP list but did not practice today. He has to go another day without pads. #Redskins

Mike Shanahan: Kory Lichtensteiger had a knee surgery today. Minor scope. "Hopefully he'll be ready for the first game." #Redskins

---------- Post added July-30th-2012 at 03:00 PM ----------

Jerry McDonald ‏@Jerrymcd

Disregard rumor of Raiders trade for Redskins' Chris Cooley. Not going to happen.

Archived