Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Twitter updates (good stuff starts on page 8)

Matt Lincoln ‏@MattLincolnTV

Bad news for hightower MT @JasonLaCanfora: Redskins had internal talks about adding a RB, with Cedric Benson and Ryan Grant the candidates.

I know he has had his issues but I wouldn't mind adding Benson. Heard an interview with him on SiriusXm NFL and he got so emotional about how he was busting his ass training and the next team that signs him will not be disappointed. As they say though, talk is cheap.

Rich is pretty dead on about the low throws, but to cut rg3 some slack they were On bootlegs to his left throwin across his body. Another thing i noticed was he had a bit of happy feet in the pocket insead of settling down. But like i said its the first day of camp and im not worried. Lets not hang ourselves just yet..lol

Happy feet don't worry me too much, but was he evading pocket too quickly? That's what would worry me.

Eww. You're right. I'd strangely agree with a sour look on my face.

If anyone could get more out of Cedric, it would be Mike Shanahan. Also, he was one of my fantasy RBs last year. He's still a threat on any given sunday. I just can't be convinced that the mental side of the game will ever show itself to that guy. No consistent play.

Edit- Roy helu is a younger, better version of Grant. No need there.

Craig Keenan ‏@ckeenan86

@Redskins_101 how did Cooley look at practice today?

Redskins 101 Redskins 101 ‏@Redskins_101

@ckeenan86 He moved well. Obviously wasn't a speedster from the start, but he'll be fine I think.

---------- Post added July-26th-2012 at 04:03 PM ----------

Redskins 101 ‏@Redskins_101

Anthony Armstrong RT @skins2191: so who's 5th wr

---------- Post added July-26th-2012 at 04:14 PM ----------

Redskins 101 ‏@Redskins_101

First live impression of Pierre Garcon: Bigger body that I had imagined. Nice connection with RGIII early...impressed. #Redskins

Please do...... Redskins nation has your back. Give the idiot a cowgirl shirt and send him home!!!

I'll make one of my old-school versions of a "problem resolution meeting" if you guys will rev up a bail fund. :)

---------- Post added July-26th-2012 at 04:29 PM ----------

I have some colleagues at camp. I'm getting most of my info through a second party.

I offered to leave my desk and drive out there and beat the **** out of the hecklers.

I'm gonna need a ride, Hogg. I'm in WA state, tho. I'll cover the gas. :)

Happy feet don't worry me too much, but was he evading pocket too quickly? That's what would worry me.

No not really most of his runs were off bootlegs when no one was open, the reason i brought up the happy feet is it resulted to some inaccurate passes. Another thing i noticed was the plays i dont think ive seen that many bootleg plays in one day.

No not really most of his runs were off bootlegs when no one was open, the reason i brought up the happy feet is it resulted to some inaccurate passes. Another thing i noticed was the plays i dont think ive seen that many bootleg plays in one day.

To be fair though, Peyton Manning always has "happy feet". Watch his feet in the pocket, he's always chopping them. Almost never just stands there.

I wonder if he could kick too...?

Yes, actually he has done some pooch kicks:

Averages almost 40 yds per kick.

Punting & Kicking Game Logs2008200920102011Career ▪ Splits2008200920102011Career ▪ Statistics complete back to 2000 · Glossary · SHARESHARE [X] · Embed · CSV · PRE · LINK · ?

Punting Kicking

Year School Conf Class Pos Punts Yds Avg XPM XPA XP% FGM FGA FG% Pts

2008 Baylor Big 12 FR QB 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

2009 Baylor Big 12 SO QB 1 59 59.0 0 0 0 0 0

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/robert-griffin-iii-1.html

2010 Baylor Big 12 SO QB 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

2011 Baylor Big 12 JR QB 3 99 33.0 0 0 0 0 0

Career Baylor 4 158 39.5 0 0 0 0 0

To be fair though, Peyton Manning always has "happy feet". Watch his feet in the pocket, he's always chopping them. Almost never just stands there.

I'm no expert, but I'm fairly certain that's not happy feet. People seem to think that QBs have happy feet when really it's the quick footwork adjustments they are supposed to be making so they're in proper position to throw if the next read is open. Quick choppy steps are normal, slow random steps are happy feet. Of course, a coach or someone who played more QB than I (just high school for me) would know better.

Want to see "happy feet in the pocket"? Watch someone like Blaine Gabbert play.

"Happy feet" isn't what Peyton Manning does. "Happy feet" is guys looking to get the hell out of dodge as quickly as possible. Happy feet is guys dropping back, and then being so scared of the rush, they're looking to bail before the play even develops, which leads to sloppy throws, which leads to inaccuracy.

Upon hearing this Bang threw on some dreads and a number 10 yellow jersey and began to shag punts on the far field.

:ols:

Mike Jones ‏@MikeJonesWaPo

It's so hot out here that RB coach Bobby, who normally ALWAYS wears sweatshirt and sweatpants regardless of heat has stripped to tshirt.

WTF? This guy has been bat**** crazy for years and he's practically anonymous?

“I haven’t worked it this way before. But with the new rules, we are getting a good lift in the morning from 7:30-8:00 and 8:00-8:30 with the rookies and the vets. So I think that you feel very good about that. And we’ve got a good meeting in the morning. And then we get a walkthrough so different things we walk through are things that we put in right before the walkthrough and before we hit the field. I like it so far. It was obviously tough today with the heat. The nice thing about the bubble, we have the opportunity to go in there if it does get too hot. If we have that weather, it’s nice to have that facility as well.”

Also, you can't hold an open practice for the public to see in the bubble. Lots of hot, angry people would've been tough to deal with if you randomly decide to shut down practice.

What Peyton is doing is not happy feet. He is keeping his feet moving so he is always ready to reset and move his whole body to throw as he moves through his progression. When he is ready to throw he sets and throws from a solid base. Watch Brady he does the exact same thing as does Brees.

I would call happy feet someone who is moving his feet not as part of his throwing mechanics in a planned way but as an unplanned reaction to being uncomfortable in the pocket through pass rush or uncertainty about what he is seeing from coverage etc. Not saying thats whats happening with RGIII mind - I think we are just seeing what many talked about pre draft - his footwork will be a work in progress all year as he develops in a pro style timing based offense.

Awesome job everyone.

Cant wait to see Morgan, Hank and Garcon out there this year. Really excited about these WR's

---------- Post added July-27th-2012 at 07:32 AM ----------

Agreed not flashy but he got good vision from what I saw last year (2.5 game or what not)

Yup, he hits the hole hard (please dont put that in the taken out of context thread) :ols:

Has anyone seen any write ups or mentions about Fred Davis yesterday?

Not directly, but from a Tandler quote you put up man I think it's safe to infer he's still the starter going into camp:

Quick notes and observations from the Redskins’ first day of training camp: .....

—Chris Cooley may not still be a starter but he is still a fan favorite. Every catch brought the old standby “Cooooley” cheer from the fans.

Above and beyond that I neither read nor saw anything on FreddyD from Day 1.

Hail.

Archived