Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Twitter updates (good stuff starts on page 8)

Has anyone seen any write ups or mentions about Fred Davis yesterday?

Nothing yet. I know the Junkies were jockeying Cooley this morning because that's their boy.... but they followed that up with saying that Leriebus and Gettis should play RT if Brown is hurt... so that's the accumen we're talking about.

No news is good news on Freddy D in my opinion. Especially this early.

Not directly, but from a Tandler quote you put up man I think it's safe to infer he's still the starter going into camp:

Above and beyond that I neither read nor saw anything on FreddyD from Day 1.

Hail.

The guys at NFLN spoke incorrectly. For one; if they had inside information - someone more important would know about it and it would out in the open. #2 he would not allowed to be practicing. #3 He can't be suspended for a couple games - it would the entire season.

Heard from a fan on the Junkies show that Cousins looked a lot better than Grossman

Haha I don't think that means much on the 1st day of training camp. If the season started right now, and we wanted to win, I think we'd be better off with Grossman than anyone else - simply because he knows the offense and can read full-speed NFL defenses better than the rookies. I know we're gonna throw RG3 into the fire early, but I'm concerned there's just not enough training camp/preseason to get him ready enough to really compete. Better to have the struggles early in his career so he has time to learn and improve though.

Do you all think there is any chance that Cousins bypasses Grossman on the depth chart by the start of the season ? The reason I ask is because of all the competitions going and roster space that maybe if a teams starting qb goes down we could possibly trade Rex and get a decent pick for him.

Do you all think there is any chance that Cousins bypasses Grossman on the depth chart by the start of the season ? The reason I ask is because of all the competitions going and roster space that maybe if a teams starting qb goes down we could possibly trade Rex and get a decent pick for him.

No. Honestly, if RG3 didn't cost so much, I could have seen Shanny still starting Grossman in the beginning of the season.

Nice thought but I don't think Rex would fetch even a 6th round pick. I'd rather keep him around to help teach the young guys this year.

I'm no expert, but I'm fairly certain that's not happy feet. People seem to think that QBs have happy feet when really it's the quick footwork adjustments they are supposed to be making so they're in proper position to throw if the next read is open. Quick choppy steps are normal, slow random steps are happy feet. Of course, a coach or someone who played more QB than I (just high school for me) would know better.
Want to see "happy feet in the pocket"? Watch someone like Blaine Gabbert play.

"Happy feet" isn't what Peyton Manning does. "Happy feet" is guys looking to get the hell out of dodge as quickly as possible. Happy feet is guys dropping back, and then being so scared of the rush, they're looking to bail before the play even develops, which leads to sloppy throws, which leads to inaccuracy.

Yeah I thought happy feet was a guy tending to look nervous in the pocket when you didn't even need to and then throw off balance because of it. Mannings feet are moving but he then bounces, plants quick and throws the ball.

Let RG3 do his own thing and not try to micro manage his feet. Be glad he is here and has a HAPPY Body.

I'm expecting struggles all season to be honest. He'll have some great flashes and make some big mistakes. I'm just thrilled to have a guy we can move forward with for the next decade. As a fan, I can more easily handle the ebbs and flows of a young QB when I think he'll be the man for a long time. We have all the time in the world now to incrementally improve into a contender.

A "decent pick" hahaha - keep dreaming. He's not worth a beer in a trade.

Nothing yet. I know the Junkies were jockeying Cooley this morning because that's their boy.... but they followed that up with saying that Leriebus and Gettis should play RT if Brown is hurt... so that's the accumen we're talking about.

I used to like the Junkies, until I realized that they actually know less about the Redskins/football than they claim to.

The difference between Cuz and Grossman is that Grossman knows the offense well enough to throw a pick while all Cuz knows is to take a sack. Sack beats a pick (unless it's in the end zone). Grossman may have a future as a coach but not as a player.

I know it's only been one day, but I have to say that this may be the most disappointing training camp coverage to date for me regarding ExtremeSkins. What happened to Murf and others doing the camp wrap ups? Why do we have to rely on twitter (which suck, don't give much detail, and often contradict one another - see RG3 accuracy reports yesterday as a prime example) for our camp updates now? Has Murf left the board or something?

:soapbox:

Okay - I'm off my soapbox now. I just hope I'm not the only one who feels this way.

HAIL! Magazine ‏@HAIL_Magazine

HAIL! RT @grahamgano: Hey everyone! If you are not following my snapper @NickSundberg you are crazy. The guy is is hilarious! Help him...

Redskins ‏@Redskins

@Redskins Park for #skinscamp? First 10 Fans to RT receive VIP Upgrade to watch today’s practice at social media tent. Good for 7/27 only.

@Redskins WR Leonard Hankerson addresses the media before practice. #skinscamp

?size=l

Redskins ‏@Redskins

#Redskins WR Leonard Hankerson tells media he was officially cleared to work out last Friday.

Redskins ‏@Redskins

@HankTime85 says he understands the #Redskins playbook "a whole lot more" than this time last year. #skinscamp

Redskins ‏@Redskins

Hankerson says there is already strong communication and cohesion in WR position group, thanks in part to the youth. #skinscamp

Redskins ‏@Redskins

Hankerson says he doesn't want to be given the starting position--he expects to compete and earn it. Feels confident in situation.

---------- Post added July-27th-2012 at 12:44 PM ----------

Grant Paulsen ‏@granthpaulsen

Trent Williams was asked if #Redskins are RGIII-proofing their offense. "Our offense was already tailored to him when he was at Baylor."

Grant Paulsen ‏@granthpaulsen

Trent Williams applauded Evan Royster for how patient he is, commended him for being shifty. Said defenders rarely get a clean shot at him.

Archived