Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

UpRoxx: Rush Limbaugh: ‘Dark Knight’s’ Bane Is Part Of An Elaborate Anti-Romney Hollywood Conspiracy'

MattFancy

ahhh... the SCHTICK!

the ol' act-aroonie!

Thanks, but really, no one is that stupid, and it's time you guys catch on to that. Continually making excuses for this sack of hot air does nothing but enable the divisive hate based manipulation that serves as "schtick".. and constantly trying to convince intelligent people that it is all just harmless fun gets to be rather insulting.

I'd love to see Rush do his "fatal heart attack" schtick, followed by a long standing run of his "being dead" act.

~Bang

Bang, I think you're right. It is tiresome and annoying hence why I don't follow him. However jumping on his every word only serves this guy's purpose. It's not going to get him off the air, in fact it only raises interest.

Can't say I want to see the guy dead but I understand the frustration.

Growing up, I used to listen to Rush with my Dad in the car. My Dad had this odd fascination with him. He hated him but he tuned in to hear what outrageous **** he was saying.

Rush says stupid things everyday. Every broadcast of his is stupid, filled with complete nonsense.

This one just happened to be extra stupid. But Rush says stupid things, completely seriously, every single day.

Bang, I think you're right. It is tiresome and annoying hence why I don't follow him. However jumping on his every word only serves this guy's purpose. It's not going to get him off the air, in fact it only raises interest.

Can't say I want to see the guy dead but I understand the frustration.

While I agree hyper-sensitivity and pointing at him every time he farts is going to serve his purpose, when he says something so completely ridiculous like this, I think it serves the greater intelligence if there are those who say "You know, that was one seriously stupid thing to say. It's a complete fabrication, and you should not subject people to it, because it is bad for the country you pretend to love."

As far as his death,, ah well... the world would be better off without some people in it.

~Bang

Rush would like to blame "the jews" controlling Hollywood...if only the GOP wasn't so pro-Isreal these days.

:evilg:

Didn't you get the memo? Due to today's PC thought police t's no longer known as the "Joo controlled media" it's now the "Lamestream liberal media". Please keep up.

Sincerely,

Karl Rove

Does anyone know if Rush ACTUALLY was complaining about the new movie being anti Romney? I find it hard to believe that even Rush would complain about a superhero movie that has not even come out yet.

I can't believe you really thought the consumate media whore was actually doing it for love this time.

I'd love to see Rush do his "fatal heart attack" schtick, followed by a long standing run of his "being dead" act.

~Bang

You sir, have got a real future in radio script writing. You're hired!

I just read the transcript. It's sort of like slowing down for the accident thing. My head hurts and it's quite possible there's going to be some long lasting side effects. I should have known better when it comes to Rush.

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2012/07/17/the_batman_campaign

Proceed at your own risk and if you do,note the unintentional irony in some of his state......ramblings,(even that's kind).

1 lowlight.

So, anyway, this evil villain in the new Batman movie is named Bane. And there's now a discussion out there as to whether or not this is purposeful and whether or not it will influence voters. It's gonna have a lot of people. This movie, the audience is gonna be huge. A lot of people are gonna see the movie, and it's a lot of brain-dead people, entertainment, the pop culture crowd, and they're gonna hear Bane in the movie and they're gonna associate Bain. The thought is that when they start paying attention to the campaign later in the year, and Obama and the Democrats keep talking about Bain, Romney and Bain, that these people will think back to the Batman movie, "Oh, yeah, I know who that is." (laughing) There are some people who think it'll work. Others think you're really underestimating the American people to think that will work.

There's more. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Forget about the political side of this, as a Batman fan I am offended that this dolt either couldn't do basic research or just needed to fill air time. Most likely the latter.

I guess the Bane character in Batman and Robin must've also been anti-Romney.

Where is that "I don't want to live on this planet anymore" meme when you need it?

Forget about the political side of this, as a Batman fan I am offended that this dolt either couldn't do basic research or just needed to fill air time. Most likely the latter.

I guess the Bane character in Batman and Robin must've also been anti-Romney.

Where is that "I don't want to live on this planet anymore" meme when you need it?

:D

42 posts... not so bad really.

But just so I'm clear... who is Rush trying to get to go nuts?

the left, who his fans like to say he just pokes at so he can get a rise,, or the right, who go nuts with MEGA DITTOS every time he opens his fat yap to spew more of his garbage?

~Bang

I really don't think Rush sees things in terms of left and right. I don't think he really gives a damn about politics one way or the other. I think he just knows how to entertain his audience and put on a show and what gets them excited. So this BANE/BAIN stuff to me is just something that Dukes or the Junkies or Czabe would say to their audience as a joke too, but because we don't take them seriously we'd laugh and move on. Rush's audience starts to nod their head and then all of a sudden he's hyping conspiracy theories. And it doesn't matter if its the right wing backers who want to say its gospel or the left who want to say its slander. All he cares about is that somebody's listening, and the more he can get stations like FoxNews, NBCNews, or CNN to replay his stuff (without a lawsuit or losing advertising) the more money he can demand. I think that's all he cares about.

If Rush had done his research, he'd know that Bane is a character hell bent on violently destroying Gotham by leading an uprising of criminals and some "99 percenters". I mean, c'mon Rush! Just watch the trailer and you'll see him leading a terrorist attack on the stock exchange. :ols:

If anything, I expected him to play up that angle. I could almost hear him saying something along the lines of, "See, this is what could happen if these Occupy folks unite: chaos, death, and destruction. And Hollywood is encouraging it. This is what they want to see happen."

I really don't think Rush sees things in terms of left and right. I don't think he really gives a damn about politics one way or the other. I think he just knows how to entertain his audience and put on a show and what gets them excited. So this BANE/BAIN stuff to me is just something that Dukes or the Junkies or Czabe would say to their audience as a joke too, but because we don't take them seriously we'd laugh and move on. Rush's audience starts to nod their head and then all of a sudden he's hyping conspiracy theories. And it doesn't matter if its the right wing backers who want to say its gospel or the left who want to say its slander. All he cares about is that somebody's listening, and the more he can get stations like FoxNews, NBCNews, or CNN to replay his stuff (without a lawsuit or losing advertising) the more money he can demand. I think that's all he cares about.

While making money very well may be Rush's personal motivation, he definitely is part of a political message machine. If you listen to Rush, Hannity, et al on the same day you will hear all of them hit the talking points of the day. Something that fascinates me is why there is so much greater a market for crazy right wing talk as opposed crazy left wing talk. The way elections go you would think there would be equql markets.

---------- Post added July-18th-2012 at 06:52 AM ----------

Bane: a person who ruins or spoils, e.g. bane of my existence. Seems like a more likely name for a villain, despite the spelling of the company.

Where is that "I don't want Rush Limbaugh and his ilk to live on this planet anymore" meme when you need it?

Fixed it.

---------- Post added July-18th-2012 at 07:27 AM ----------

In good news today, I posted this quote etc on my facebook page and a good friend of mine who is a Republican elected county magistrate replied unequivacably that Rush is an embarrassment to humanity, so that gave me some hope that the not all of the GOP have been officially lobotomized.

He's an idiot.

I'm going to have to agree with stevemcqueen on this one. Rush is an idiot. Yes he found a niche market that he could exploit but it doesn't take a rocket surgeon to get that mouth breathing lunatic fringe base to hang on your every word. You just have to memorize various code words and phrases and follow some pretty simple algorithms on how to spin whatever news comes out. That doesn't mean the guy is a genius.

I might agree but he had 8 years of Bush and the left was frothing at the mouth. And all he did was spend his time telling everyone how evil Cindy Sheehan was.

He's the republican Pope. And he says this stuff because he knows the base that listens to him are dumb as a box of rocks, and believe pretty much whatever he says.

I think he likes thinking of himself as a "kingmaker", and he knows that by saying dumbass stuff like this he can mobilize the idiots to vote how he wants them to... which has always been a consistent message.

Liberals= evil

Women with a backbone and brain = evil

Gays = evil

Non-Oil burning anything = evil.

It never waivers.

~Bang

---------- Post added July-18th-2012 at 01:13 PM ----------

I'm going to have to agree with stevemcqueen on this one. Rush is an idiot. Yes he found a niche market that he could exploit but it doesn't take a rocket surgeon to get that mouth breathing lunatic fringe base to hang on your every word. You just have to memorize various code words and phrases and follow some pretty simple algorithms on how to spin whatever news comes out. That doesn't mean the guy is a genius.

I'd love to call them a fringe.

But you can't be the number one syndicated show with a small audience, which the word 'fringe' would indicate.

They may have started out as his audience, but the fringe is the mainstream now.

Thanks in no small part to him.

~Bang

While making money very well may be Rush's personal motivation, he definitely is part of a political message machine. If you listen to Rush, Hannity, et al on the same day you will hear all of them hit the talking points of the day. Something that fascinates me is why there is so much greater a market for crazy right wing talk as opposed crazy left wing talk. The way elections go you would think there would be equql markets.

Yeah, you've got a point about hitting talking points. I don't listen to his show to know how often he does that.

As far as the market, its easier to say "this guy's the blame for my problems" than trying the way of "I know I have problems, but by solving everybody's problems, my problems will get solved too". Plus, when you get into big business and their interests that line up with republicans that's a big source.

---------- Post added July-18th-2012 at 09:47 AM ----------

I'd love to call them a fringe.

But you can't be the number one syndicated show with a small audience, which the word 'fringe' would indicate.

They may have started out as his audience, but the fringe is the mainstream now.

Thanks in no small part to him.

~Bang

Its sad when the inmates are running the asylum.

---------- Post added July-18th-2012 at 06:52 AM ----------

Bane: a person who ruins or spoils, e.g. bane of my existence. Seems like a more likely name for a villain, despite the spelling of the company.

I hate to say this. But when they show the graphs of education level and then how they vote, its not that hard to figure out. There are a lot of dumb people out there on both the left and right. But for some reason, its easier to get those on the right to just accept The Rush/Hannity/Beck style of media. If Rush started selling a cure-all tonic, these folks would buy that snake oil and drink it up. Liberals eat up conspiracy theories and nonsense as well. But it seems they come up with different reasons for the other side being the bad guys. Its too inconsistent for talk radio.

Example is the Kerry Swiftboating which was one message...debunked....but repeated over and over. Romney's Bain attacks are from different angles with different info all trying to get to the same place.

Because he wiretapped on an entire city for the greater good of stopping a terrorist....

He also broke a mans legs during an interrogation to find terrorists location.

Ah... but he also destroyed the wire tap system and refused to waterboard the joker during an interrogation.

Whose legs did he break? I remember him not wanting Harvey Dent to interrogate that one dude too hard and stopping that one.

Archived