Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

UpRoxx: Rush Limbaugh: ‘Dark Knight’s’ Bane Is Part Of An Elaborate Anti-Romney Hollywood Conspiracy'

MattFancy

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entertainment/2012/07/limbaughs-dark-knight-rises-comments-bizarre-says-nolan/

Gee Rush. Do you suppose you might have gotten just a little extra backlash not just for your idiocy, but also for this jab?

To some extent yes, but, I think why these Nolan movies are so critically acclaimed is because they are smart and not brain dead pop culture garbage. Just shows Rush never thinks before he speaks.

there are times that I show just how much of a geek I am..

None of Batman's earliest and longest lived villains are anything super.. the Joker, Catwoman, Penguin, Riddler have no powers at all. The first one he had with any powers was Clayface, who actually began as an actor who used a magic cream to alter his appearance.. not the slimy monster they later turned him into. He did battle "the Monster Men" in his second issue, which were a cross between Frankenstein and King Kong, complete with finale atop the tallest building battling biplanes. He fought a vampire early on, too... but he tracked it to Transylvania (of course) after it kidnapped Bruce wayne's girlfriend. (He killed all of these monsters, and the scientist that made the Monster men. Batman really didn't mind using a gun in those first few issues... the Monster Man that he had shot up while it is on top of the tower, he ended up lassoing it's neck and hanging it to death from his plane.

~Bang

But Bang, Batman makes the point for me too. Joker, Penguin, Catwoman, etc don't have super powers, but they are more than the normal street thug. I mean, look outside, how many Jokers do you see running around. Super Man's main villan (Lex Luther) is the only guy whose story I can buy. Or even the 4 guys that came from his home planet to kick his ass. You're right about Thor, X-Men, Fantastic Four, etc. But I always wonder in these movies why these really bad guys just happened to come into existence right when the superhero comes along? Basically before Batman, there was just pointless crime that could be handled by the police and politician. But once Batman emerges, he must remain because of the existence of guys like Joker et al.

---------- Post added July-19th-2012 at 01:46 PM ----------

Well Gordon talked in Batman Begins about criminal escalation. Cops get kevlar, criminals get armor piercing rounds. Cops get semi autos, criminals get automatics. Then of course Batman emerges and then Joker does. In the TDK it sorts of speaks to the Joker being there simply to upset the established order and represent chaos to Batman's order.

However, in most cases, it is all just a random coincidence of horrible experiments gone wrong that created Spiderman, Lizard, Dr Oc etc at the same time. Or in the case of Iron Man, seeing Iron Man produces people that want that technology for themselves(at least in the movies)

It is pretty convenient for the most part...

I really think its lazy writing. I love some Stan Lee, but this is a pet peeve of mine. It goes beyond comic books though. I look at something like Harry Potter and question the ultimate evil placed on Voldermort. So nobody else is capable of that? True he was around before Harry, but all he did was 1) become a master wizard and 2) kill a few people and figure out how to cheat death using dark magic. I mean, It would have been great if Snape had killed Voldermort and taken over as the most evil guy in the world (that's where I thought the books were going). Anyway, I digress.

But Bang, Batman makes the point for me too. Joker, Penguin, Catwoman, etc don't have super powers, but they are more than the normal street thug. I mean, look outside, how many Jokers do you see running around. Super Man's main villan (Lex Luther) is the only guy whose story I can buy. Or even the 4 guys that came from his home planet to kick his ass. You're right about Thor, X-Men, Fantastic Four, etc. But I always wonder in these movies why these really bad guys just happened to come into existence right when the superhero comes along? Basically before Batman, there was just pointless crime that could be handled by the police and politician. But once Batman emerges, he must remain because of the existence of guys like Joker et al.

---------- Post added July-19th-2012 at 01:46 PM ----------

I really think its lazy writing. I love some Stan Lee, but this is a pet peeve of mine. It goes beyond comic books though. I look at something like Harry Potter and question the ultimate evil placed on Voldermort. So nobody else is capable of that? True he was around before Harry, but all he did was 1) become a master wizard and 2) kill a few people and figure out how to cheat death using dark magic. I mean, It would have been great if Snape had killed Voldermort and taken over as the most evil guy in the world (that's where I thought the books were going). Anyway, I digress.

There is always the thought that the world balances itself. Whatever cosmic forces are in play know that this evil has been created or that this extreme good has come to be and as fate would have it, these two powers exist at the same time. A hero will always rise to stop evil just as evil will always rise to challenge good.

Though technically, probably just lazy writing...

Batman shows how the 1%, that he is a part of, loves the little people even though they apparently, have been brainwashed into hating success and being wealthy. Bain appears to be one of those radical OWS types who is all about anarchy and destruction.

Archived