Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: Redskins teammates flock to Waco, Texas for summer workout

rblgenius

While this is great, remember all the amazing things that came from the player-led workouts last year? Let's not get ahead of ourselves here

Apples and oranges.

Last year, there was a lockout and the player-led workouts were for ALL positions...this year, they have team-supervised OTAs and minicamp sessions first, and the player-led workout is just between QB and WRs to help build chemistry and timing.

---------- Post added June-29th-2012 at 08:28 AM ----------

Such amazing things as John Beck's veteran leadership!

I shouldn't hate on the guy. He really wanted to be our answer at QB. Just didn't quite have the nerves or the arm strength to do it.

Hey, the guy did have some good leadership skills...unfortunately, those were apparently the only skills he brought with him to the regular season lol.

Apples and oranges.

Last year, there was a lockout and the player-led workouts were for ALL positions...this year, they have team-supervised OTAs and minicamp sessions first, and the player-led workout is just between QB and WRs to help build chemistry and timing.

---------- Post added June-29th-2012 at 08:28 AM ----------

Hey, the guy did have some good leadership skills...unfortunately, those were apparently the only skills he brought with him to the regular season lol.

LOL, ouch!

I am excited to see this. Everybody made such a fuss about Brees doing this last year with the Saints during the lockout and here is Griffin doing it as an unsigned rookie in his first 2 months on the team. He has it all, we only have to hope he can put it together on gamedays. If he does..get off the tracks, a train is coming...

Please no Miami, after Waco this season RG3. :paranoid:

Nothing good, ever comes out of Florida.

Go to L.A. or stay in D.C. or something.

I would rather you take a flight to Syria or Egypt and workout, than going to Miami, Florida

PLEASE stay out of Florida, RG3.

That's all we need a group of our best players being attacked by face eating Zombies!!

0.jpg

Great sign of support by the WRs to workout with RG3. Hopefully they he develops great chemistry with them that can translate over once the season starts.

---------- Post added June-28th-2012 at 04:01 PM ----------

Definitely agree that they need to stay out of Miami or LA. Great sign of support by the WRs to work out with RG3 down there in Waco. Hopefully he develops great chemistry with them that can translate over once the season starts.

I hope they come to FL....but Orlando instead of Miami. It would be ****ing amazing to see those guys here. Plus, who the hell wants to work out in Waco, TX?

Waco is an armpit. But the Baylor campus and athletic facilities are beautiful and top notch. Probably better than many NFL team facilities.

What he said is true.

There is not a whole lot of places they can get in trouble, heck we only have 3 strip clubs and maybe a handful of bars.

And Baylor does have some top notch training facilities.

What is count down days to signing so they can come to camp?

It should be in the next couple of weeks or so.

I saw on NFL Network a while ago that while veterans report July 25th, they want the rookies to report on July 16th.

So unless that date was a typo, they should be working on RG3's deal soon.

I know it said "among others" but I was really hoping to read Hankerson's name among the receivers going. Maybe he is and I'm just looking too much into it though

lol, I thought the same thing, but then I remembered that Hankerson was pretty much held out the entire minicamp by the coaches and they didn't want him going all out until training camp. They may have told him not to go to Waco, rest up and be as healthy as possible until then.

*edit* Of course, this thread is already 5 pages long and about one hundred people have already replied to you with pretty much the same response. What am I, an ES amateur?

I am especially excited to know that Brandon Banks is taking the trip.

One, I don't think that he will make the 53 man roster this season only returning kicks and punts. Two, I really believe that he could prove to be yet another weapon on offense in a variety of ways.

Please no Miami, after Waco this season RG3. :paranoid:

Nothing good, ever comes out of Florida.

Go to L.A. or stay in D.C. or something.

I would rather you take a flight to Syria or Egypt and workout, than going to Miami, Florida.

PLEASE stay out of Florida, RG3.

yeah we hardly ever have any football players come out of Florida, let alone Miami. And nothing bad ever happens in Armpit Missouri.

lol, I thought the same thing, but then I remembered that Hankerson was pretty much held out the entire minicamp by the coaches and they didn't want him going all out until training camp. They may have told him not to go to Waco, rest up and be as healthy as possible until then.

*edit* Of course, this thread is already 5 pages long and about one hundred people have already replied to you with pretty much the same response. What am I, an ES amateur?

I'm not sure why, but this made me laugh quite heartily.....I may have a problem...

I am especially excited to know that Brandon Banks is taking the trip.

One, I don't think that he will make the 53 man roster this season only returning kicks and punts. Two, I really believe that he could prove to be yet another weapon on offense in a variety of ways.

I am as well. A guy with his agility and speed should be dangerous in the passing game. I'll also assert that if you can catch punts and kickoffs, you can catch anything.

Oh please NO with the nicknames already. Redskins. That's it. Leave it alone already and let them play some actual games first.

We're just bored right now. I like you am normally against nicknames, but all they're doing is working out on their own in Waco. No big deal. Does this make RG3 the Waco Kid?

Mark my words....we will beat the Saints in the opener. The Shanahans must feel like they just won a new Porsche and were told they can't drive it til September. They are gonna have some serious fun with RG lll running the show.

Archived