Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: Redskins teammates flock to Waco, Texas for summer workout

rblgenius

I am especially excited to know that Brandon Banks is taking the trip.

One, I don't think that he will make the 53 man roster this season only returning kicks and punts. Two, I really believe that he could prove to be yet another weapon on offense in a variety of ways.

With Brandon's speed and agility and Robert's passing accuracy I can picture Brandon becoming a real weapon if he is able to get off the line and get into the open. We'll see if it works out; but am glad to see he is trying his best at making the roster.

Hmm only

Banks, Moss, Garcon, Armstrong, and Davis?

Wish he brought the other WRs, with more WRs you can also bring Cousins.

Wonder if an invite was extended and declined or straight up no invitation for the other doods.

Morgan is probably still under the trainers watch. But who knows, maybe some of these guys had prior commitments before training camp. Some go on vacations with family, some get married during the lull and some may have to do sponsorship things.

Great article. Great work ethic. You hear people talk the talk, but this man walks the walk.

Exactly. Jason Campbell always used to say he would do this. But I never heard or saw any pictures of it actually happening.

I finally realize all the flaws of Campbell. He expected the position to be handed to him, when he was clearly a project. RG3 is a franchise prospect and STILL feels the need to prove himself.

Exactly. Jason Campbell always used to say he would do this. But I never heard or saw any pictures of it actually happening.

I finally realize all the flaws of Campbell. He expected the position to be handed to him, when he was clearly a project. RG3 is a franchise prospect and STILL feels the need to prove himself.

With Campbell I don't believe that it was that he didn't want to do these. He just couldn't get the guys to show up. It's that whole leadership intagible thing. For lots of reasons RGIII gets everyone excited, players and fans alike.

Agree with the below quote. Campbell was a hard worker, but he just was not that engaging and did not have that "it" factor that got teammates excited, or the ability of RG3. I believe he would have had a much harder time convincing teammates like Moss to abandon his typical offseason workouts in Miami to go to Mississippi. RG3...well, clearly everyone felt the need to come back in great shape and work that much harder to be on the team and be a contributing member because they believe if they do their part, RG3 will make them look like stars.

I’m going to sound like a Debbie Downer but this kind of thing doesn't mean much . I remember McNabb inviting guys to Arizona for “Hell Week” and Beck organizing practice during the lockout. I thought it was great. However, it didn't translate to wins.

Guess I've grown jaded from years of losing but isn't this what the QB is suppose to do? Isn’t this something to be expected from a QB who wants to show leadership qualities? I would think so. Good, RGIII is doing the right thing. Glad to hear it, but it doesn’t seem to have translated into results in years past.

I just want wins. The season cannot start soon enough! :point2sky

With Brandon's speed and agility and Robert's passing accuracy I can picture Brandon becoming a real weapon if he is able to get off the line and get into the open. We'll see if it works out; but am glad to see he is trying his best at making the roster.

I agree, but first I really think they have GOT to get Banks a smaller, more proportionate helmet. I can't be the only person who thinks he looks like Rick Moranis in Spaceballs. Ridiculous! Lol

I’m going to sound like a Debbie Downer but this kind of thing doesn't mean much . I remember McNabb inviting guys to Arizona for “Hell Week” and Beck organizing practice during the lockout. I thought it was great. However, it didn't translate to wins.

Actually, how do you know it didn't? lol...

It might have added an extra win or two that we wouldn't have had otherwise.

Guess I've grown jaded from years of losing but isn't this what the QB is suppose to do? Isn’t this something to be expected from a QB who wants to show leadership qualities?

I think more QBs stay at home than do this...especially rookie QBs. Did Ramsey or Campbell do this?...Did Brunell or Collins or Banks or Jeff George? Did Brad Johnson?

Nothing wrong with taking advantage of as many opportunities as possible. It doesn't have to directly lead to "x" number of wins right off the bat for it to be beneficial.

I agree, but first I really think they have GOT to get Banks a smaller, more proportionate helmet. I can't be the only person who thinks he looks like Rick Moranis in Spaceballs. Ridiculous! Lol

Haha!

I pictured Rick Moranis in a Spaceballs-sized 'Skins helmet and laughed. Well done! I hadn't really paid attention until I read that, and you are ABSOLUTELY right!

Agree with the below quote. Campbell was a hard worker, but he just was not that engaging and did not have that "it" factor that got teammates excited, or the ability of RG3. I believe he would have had a much harder time convincing teammates like Moss to abandon his typical offseason workouts in Miami to go to Mississippi. RG3...well, clearly everyone felt the need to come back in great shape and work that much harder to be on the team and be a contributing member because they believe if they do their part, RG3 will make them look like stars.

It bears mentioning that in Oakland, Campbell actually got a pretty big contingent of players to fly out to Georgia to do workouts during the lockout. Speaks a lot about the commitment level of guys when JC was here.

---------- Post added July-3rd-2012 at 08:19 PM ----------

Guess I've grown jaded from years of losing but isn't this what the QB is suppose to do? Isn’t this something to be expected from a QB who wants to show leadership qualities? I would think so. Good, RGIII is doing the right thing. Glad to hear it, but it doesn’t seem to have translated into results in years past.

I just want wins. The season cannot start soon enough! :point2sky

It's about getting together, getting some chemistry, and basically just about building team unity, particularly on the offense.

Guys never bought into John Beck. I think that was clear from the start; whenever players were asked about John Beck, players were real quick to mention that they really liked Rex and were happy it was a competition. And as I can tell, it was much more Fletcher who organized those workouts. Beck tried to force himself into a leadership role when it wasn't really there.

I can't speak to McNabb's "Hell Week", other than remember it's where Kelly got hurt (again) and that they probably spent more time eating Chunky Soup than working out, if his track record is indication.

Maybe on some level it "doesn't equal wins", but a young quarterback getting chemistry with his offense and building some chemistryis never a bad thing.

You are probably right. In a different era JC probably would have been a great QB. Now you have to pay guys to show up to off-season conditioning programs.:doh:

Shanahan probably told the guys it would be in their best interest to participate. More importantly, if you seen his highlights in college, you want RG3 to be comfortable enough to target you to finish a dynamic play.

You never saw pictures because it never happened. He said him and Santana tried to hook up in the offseason, but their schedules wouldn't align right. This guy hasn't even signed yet and he's getting his timing down...

Heck, after he won the Heisman, his gf and him worked out at 230am to preperation for his bowl game.

You never saw pictures because it never happened. He said him and Santana tried to hook up in the offseason, but their schedules wouldn't align right. This guy hasn't even signed yet and he's getting his timing down...

Heck, after he won the Heisman, his gf and him worked out at 230am to preperation for his bowl game.

When I was in college, my gf and I would often "workout" at 230am. :D

Archived