Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: Redskins teammates flock to Waco, Texas for summer workout

rblgenius

I’m going to go back and work out with some of my teammates who are coming into town with me to Waco,” Griffin III told me. “So, it’ll be a busy time, but I’m gearing up for this long year that I know it’s going to be in the NFL with long season and the type of grind I have to be ready to go through.”

Griffin III still has an apartment in Waco, where he attended Baylor University. So, he’ll live out his time there, but he won’t do it alone. As for names, the Heisman Trophy winner dropped Santana Moss, Pierre Garcon, Anthony Armstrong, Aldrick Robinson, Fred Davis, Brandon Banks, and others who will join him.

RGIII wouldn’t say whose idea it was — “I don’t know who can take credit for it,” he said.

But we knew we needed to get together,” Griffin told me. “I offered that they could come to Waco. We got workout facilities and everything. Shockingly, I convinced them to come to Waco, Texas, because not everybody wants to do that. I think next year we’ll do it somewhere more flashy, more vacation-like. Miami or Los Angeles, because I won’t have an apartment in Waco to move out of. But those guys made the sacrifice to come down and see me. So, it’s great that we’re already starting off on the right foot. … All those guys are coming down to throw. For those guys to show that they’re willing to come to Waco, Texas to workout with me lets me know they believe in me.

And the team. Definitely a positive for the ‘Skins.

link: http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/06/28/the-lure-of-rgiii-redskins-teammates-flock-to-waco-really-for-a-summer-workout/?module=HP11_headline_stack

They agreed to go to Waco, Tx????? That place is a desert armpit. Yeah, I'd be real shocked, too, if everyone agreed to meet in Waco, TX to throw the ball around

EDIT -- OK...maybe I was a little harsh. I only visited around the outskirts of Waco when I had meetings in Austin (which I liked). Looking at internet pictures of Waco, it's not that bad. But I still don't know how much fun there is to be had with school out.

As excited as I am for the season to start, I want the off-season to last longer so that they can all get up to 100. GREAT READ!

True. I wish we could have it both ways: Lots of time for our guys to gel, while still getting quickly to the regular season and seeing RGIII grow and develope with the rest of the offensive players.

I know it said "among others" but I was really hoping to read Hankerson's name among the receivers going. Maybe he is and I'm just looking too much into it though

Pretty sure he's still rehabbing so I doubt him and Morgan want to leave Redskins Park and not have access to the trainers.

Waco is really not a bad place to get some work done. They'll have access to good facilities, and there is not much in the way of distractions. On the downside, I'd be surprised if anyone stayed around here (Waco) for very long. It's not exactly vacation-ey :)

Skins Island, it's hot EVERYWHERE. It is about 99 here in Charlotte and we'll be in triple digits all weekend for about 3 days. 101 tomorrow, 103 on Saturday and 101 on Sunday.

Maybe the UVI would allow them to use the fields here, because it almost never breaks 87. :D

There is a strangely large group of Redskin fans here on St Croix.

Great sign of support by the WRs to workout with RG3. Hopefully they he develops great chemistry with them that can translate over once the season starts.

---------- Post added June-28th-2012 at 04:01 PM ----------

Please no Miami, after Waco this season RG3. :paranoid:

Nothing good, ever comes out of Florida.

Go to L.A. or stay in D.C. or something.

I would rather you take a flight to Syria or Egypt and workout, than going to Miami, Florida.

PLEASE stay out of Florida, RG3.

Definitely agree that they need to stay out of Miami or LA. Great sign of support by the WRs to work out with RG3 down there in Waco. Hopefully he develops great chemistry with them that can translate over once the season starts.

Glad they are coming out here actually. The heat might actually help with conditioning a bit. Wish there was some way to see them. I've been in the Army for almost 20 years now and away from Maryland. Haven't had a chance to see anything but what's on TV. With them so close it's tempting to go but pretty sure everything will be closed to the public. Oh well, maybe they'll come visit Fort Hood.

Archived