Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com - "Alright, Sammy," Griffin said. "I'll see you later."

Llevron

The thing I love about Griffin is that while he says all the right things, he does it so nonchalantly. With most rookies, you can tell its been practiced and repeated in their head. With Griffin, he says it like he means it without having to strain himself.

The fact that he has completely joined the franchise heart and soul is great too. His statement about us needing more rings is great.

And he's right, the Giants having more rings than us is just plain wrong.

Reading this article, made me compare RG3 to a guy who just won a championship. That person said a year ago that he wants to win "not 5, not 5 not 6 and not 7." RG3 already said he's not satisfied with the 3 titles that this franchise has won. He wants more and he definitely wants to define his career by the number of titles he wins and hopefully those will land him in the HOF one day. It's too early to compare RG3 to the guy who just won a title, but hopefully he'll get there one day.

I got chills from those last couple paragraphs.

Agreed. Kinda reminds me of something from the Kevin Coster movie "Field of Dreams."

Maybe there's divine intervention going on here to save us from all the pain and suffering that we have endured under the Cerrato. I am at peace knowing we have a QB....THIS quarterback.:point2sky

That was an awesome read. Plus, no mention of the Cowgirls or Andrew Luck! :) I can't wait for the season to start! The times, they are a-changin'!

Neon Deion was mentioned. I shuddered (not call you out; I was going to make a snarky comment about the mentioning of him anyway!)

Other than that....good God, RGIII, every time you do something I love you more and more. One of the best character guys around. How can you not like this kid?

It's not often that I talk about having a ***** on the internet. It's even less likely I talk about having a ***** when it doesn't relate to something sexual... but... I think everyone understands.

What do we have on our hands?! What is this?! This reminds me of the nightmare before Christmas.

A couple of things stood out to me:

1) He introduced himself to some kids, something that they will remember for the rest of their lives. Did they as him to do so, no he simply did it because he WANTED to. That to me is classy and simply awesome.

2) He intends on adding more rings to the collection, but not only that he would sacrifice being the MVP, Pro-Bowls and probably the HoF to make that a reality. The man knows what it takes to be a leader.

3) He has the ability to "See Sammy later", let's just hope the team around him can help him see it through.

And he's right, the Giants having more rings than us is just plain wrong.

And the Cowpukes.

---------- Post added June-28th-2012 at 08:24 AM ----------

Reading this article, made me compare RG3 to a guy who just won a championship. That person said a year ago that he wants to win "not 5, not 5 not 6 and not 7." RG3 already said he's not satisfied with the 3 titles that this franchise has won. He wants more and he definitely wants to define his career by the number of titles he wins and hopefully those will land him in the HOF one day. It's too early to compare RG3 to the guy who just won a title, but hopefully he'll get there one day.

Please don't compare Griffin to that jerkoff.

I'm so happy we drafted him. To have our own potential franchise QB for the next 10-15 years, who is a class act and hard worker. Who values Championships over probowls?

This still doesn't seem real. It's been a rough long haul, for a fan base that was use to winning a lot.

Thank you Danny, for finally backing off and handing this franchise over to the professionals. We have a good, solid, young football team with some depth and competition at several positions.

Orakpo was right the other day, when he said "It's a good time to be a Redskin fan".

HTTR!

I've said it before. I'll say it again. RG3 is the best thing that has happened to this franchise in 20 years (already, without playing a down). Let's see if he can make history for the franchise... I don't see ANY reason why he couldn't.

Great article.

I've always been very excited for the upcoming season.

There's something different about this season though. I'm not saying that I think we're going to the Superbowl or even make it to the playoffs but I think there are going to be times this season where we see just how great this team will eventually be.

Hopefully that time comes sooner than later. If some things come together I think this team could surprise people this season. Can't wait for the ride to start.

So surreal. If you told me 3 years ago that the Redskins starting QB would be someone with charisma, desire to win and work hard at it, and the talent to put it all together, I would of laughed and then ask you to pass whatever you was drinking/smoking. RG3 just gets it, very rare these days.

Thanks for sharing this article.

Archived