Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com - "Alright, Sammy," Griffin said. "I'll see you later."

Llevron

I know we read a lot about this kid and his passion for the game, upside, dedication to greatness and everything else.I thought this piece in particular exemplifies how the kid gets any and everything he can from each experience he has. Lack of motivation will never be a factor for this kid.

Take a read.

CANTON, Ohio -- In a dimly lit hallway among the many twists and turns of this hallowed building, Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III is trailing near the back of the pack. He's taking his time, paying close attention to each mannequin he passes.

Then he stops.

Initially, Griffin looks unfamiliar with this fully garbed, vintage-looking Redskins player to his left, leading to a closer examination, like an intrigued collector dressing down a piece of art in a museum.

"Sammy Baugh," he says below his breath.

Photo gallery: Rookies visit Hall of Fame

» NFL rookies visit the Pro Football Hall of Fame

» NFL.com's complete photo archive

Hello, past. Meet the present.

Read more at the Link

And yea, first thread. Take it easy on meh :pfft:

At one point, Griffin pulled out his iPhone to take a photo of a quote from Lynn Swann that was painted onto one of the walls.

"Forget about being MVP; forget about being in the Pro Bowl," the quote reads. "Those things are nice consolation prizes if you don't get a Super Bowl ring."

As he took the photo, Griffin said, "I've got to print that one out."

Only a few minutes later, standing beside a case that showcased a Super Bowl ring from every year's winner, an employee of the Hall of Fame showed the Redskins that they were represented three times in the display.

"That's not enough rings," Griffin said. "We've got to get more."

I love this. Great article. And kudos to Michael Irvin for having a great idea. Not often I say that about a crackhead cowboy.

And this....

Griffin spent a minute or two examining the mannequin suited up to represent Slingin' Sammy Baugh. Then he reached out his hand and patted the kneepad of Baugh's old uniform before walking toward the next room.

"Alright, Sammy," Griffin said. "I'll see you later."

Only a few minutes later, standing beside a case that showcased a Super Bowl ring from every year's winner, an employee of the Hall of Fame showed the Redskins that they were represented three times in the display.

Am I lame for clapping after reading this???

Man, this kid is saying and doing all the right things. I really hope he performs on the field.

Even if he doesn't this year, I cant fathom anything other than injury holding him back from being great. I don't think he has it in him to fail. He wasn't raised to see failure as any kind of reality. You can tell just by listening to him. His reality is success, and he will do what he needs to do to get it.

:ols:

I don't know the way or the context in which Robert said "I'll see you later." But I totally read it as a "I'll have my bust next to yours" kind of way. God I love this kid.

Man thats exactly how took it :ols:

Omg chills. This is too much to handle.

My fav part

At one point, Griffin was staring at an exhibit alongside two unknowing boys, ages 11 and 9. At the same time, their little eyes turned toward him and followed Griffin's body up to his head, forgetting to bring their jaws along for the ride.

"Hello," Griffin said, extending his hand to each. "I'm Robert Griffin."

They stared in silence.

"You know," Griffin continued. "RG3?"

Oh, they knew. But greatness in this building isn't supposed to talk.

:cool::cool::excited:

Robert Griffin III is an impressive young man. He just "gets it." Barring injury, we're in for one heck of a ride.

Griffin spent a minute or two examining the mannequin suited up to represent Slingin' Sammy Baugh. Then he reached out his hand and patted the kneepad of Baugh's old uniform before walking toward the next room.

At one point, Griffin pulled out his iPhone to take a photo of a quote from Lynn Swann that was painted onto one of the walls.

"Forget about being MVP; forget about being in the Pro Bowl," the quote reads. "Those things are nice consolation prizes if you don't get a Super Bowl ring."

As he took the photo, Griffin said, "I've got to print that one out."

I love this. Great article. And kudos to Michael Irvin for having a great idea. Not often I say that about a crackhead cowboy.

And this....

Fantastic article and I loved each of the quotes above. Like others have said this kid simply won't allow himself to fail and barring injury he is going to do some truly special things in the league.

Ok, we're finally gonna be able to put to rest the "but we never got to see the golden years" from the young'uns. Pay attention, this kid is for real and you're going to want to tell your kids about watching him in years to come, laugh about the people saying we spent too much, remember those first games, etc.

But I did have a lil trouble choking down Irvin talking about respect, isn't that kinda like getting hookers to give lectures on chastity?

Archived