Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RGIII- victim of extortion attempt-link in OP- update in post #30

texasthunder

I am posting this as the report came out in our local paper this morning.

Will update when more info released.

The article came from our local paper and you have to be a subscriber to read it, but here is another link:

http://www.kwtx.com/_254sports/home/...160231765.html

Monday June 25, 2012

A former Baylor University basketball player is in the McLennan County Jail, charged in an alleged extortion attempt against Heisman Trophy winner Robert Griffin.

Richard Khamir Hurd, who was arrested by FBI agents Friday night, could be arraigned as soon as this morning before U.S. Magistrate Jeffrey C. Manske on federal extortion charges. He was being held Sunday under federal detainer with no bond set.

The nature of the alleged attempted extortion could not be confirmed Sunday. The threats reportedly came via text messages, sources told the Tribune-Herald .

Griffin, Baylor’s only Heisman Trophy winner, was drafted in April by the Washington Redskins with the second overall pick of the NFL draft.

His mother, Jacqueline Griffin, said Sunday her son was attending an NFL rookie event and would not be available for comment.

She said she was unaware of any incidents between her son and Hurd, adding that she had never heard his name before.

Griffin’s agent, Ben Dogra, did not return phone messages Sunday.

Hurd, 25, played high school basketball at Heritage Christian Academy in Cleveland, Texas, and was a walk-on at Baylor beginning in 2004, according to Baylor publications.

The 6-foot-5-inch forward started 10 games at Baylor as a freshman. Hurd averaged 17 minutes of playing time a game as a freshman, but managed a total of only 49 minutes of playing time during the next two seasons.

He lettered four years, playing his last season in 2008, according to Baylor’s media guide.

Baylor basketball coach Scott Drew said Sunday he was not aware of Hurd’s arrest. He said he thought Hurd had been living in Dallas for a time, adding that the former player stopped in at the school to say hello a few times in recent years.

“I would like to sit and hear what the facts are before I make any comment or pass judgment,” Drew said.

Baylor football coach Art Briles also was unaware of Hurd’s arrest.

“My faith and confidence are with RGIII,” Briles said, declining additional comment.

Wonder if this Hurd is related to the former Cowboys' attempted-drug kingpin Hurd.

---------- Post added June-25th-2012 at 01:00 PM ----------

:rotflmao: :applause:

Show us your birth certificate, Mr. Griffin!!

The long-form!

I wonder if he threatened to tell Redskins fans that RG3 is going to experience some major NFL growing pains because of the system he played in at college.

Seriously, the hype is a big concern. The jump from Baylor to the NFC East is HUGE. RG3 is not the once in a lifetime physical freak that Cam Newton is. He is facing some impossible expectations.

Archived