Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RGIII- victim of extortion attempt-link in OP- update in post #30

texasthunder

This guy doesn't seem very bright. For all we know he was simply threatening to go public with a lie that would be an annoying PR issue rather than a real problem. In his mind maybe he thought someone with cash would rather just pay him off than have to deal with proving the guy is full of ****.

Anyways, idiot.

Here is an update-

Again, this is from the Waco Trib and need to be a subscriber to read online.

Monday June 25, 2012 Email Print

A federal judge has set a $25,000 bond for a 25-year-old man sources say is accused of trying to blackmail Robert Griffin III.

Richard Khamir Hurd, a former Baylor basketball player, is charged with extortion following his Friday arrest by FBI agents.

Court documents unsealed following Hurd’s 10 a.m. arraignment describe Hurd contacting an representative of a St. Louis, Mo., agency, identified only as “B.D.” on June 18.

“Hurd communicated that he had derogatory information on a client of B.D., and that he intended to release that information to the media to damage or injure the reputation of B.D.’s client unless the client paid Hurd a substantial sum of money,” states the affidavit.

Griffin is not named in the document, but sources said Sunday that the Heisman Trophy winner was the target of the alleged extortion attempt. His manager’s name is Ben Dogra.

According to records, a man appointed by "B.D." to represent the agency and Hurd met at a Waco business on Friday, where Hurd “signed a non-disclosure agreement, turned over his derogatory information and was give a check representing the lump-sum payment.”

An undercover FBI agent was also present at the meeting, state court documents.

Hurd was arrested shortly after the meeting, according to the affidavit.

Don't be...
Exactly. This dude is just a criminal who is too stupid to (a) come up with a scheme that works, and (B) to realize that if he put as much effort into making a legal living, he could do quite nicely for himself.

I mean, that doesn't mean that he doesn't know something damning about RGIII.

Haven't you guys at some point had that nagging thought of "This guy (RGIII) almost seems too good to be true"?

No, but it puts a serious dent in the truthfulness of his story. Nobody should be getting worried based on anything this guy says.

Haven't you guys at some point had that nagging thought of "This guy (RGIII) almost seems too good to be true"?

Honestly? Nope. It's really, really, REALLY easy to stay out of trouble, believe it or not lol...with the background, family and environment he's always had growing up, I find it one million times more likely that RG3 has indeed stayed out of trouble than I believe he's been ridiculously good at keeping trouble hidden from family, coaches, teammates, scouts, and a gaggle of carnivorous media members.

So what if he does?

As long as it's not anything that will get him suspended, arrested, or both, I really don't care. There are bigger and better things in life to be worried about than whether some two-bit moron is actually holding anything on RG3.

But your posts in this thread are reminding me of one of my favorite Jim Gaffigan lines:

"If there was an award for most pessimistic, I probably wouldn't even be nominated." ~ Jim Gaffigan

So what if he does?

As long as it's not anything that will get him suspended, arrested, or both, I really don't care. There are bigger and better things in life to be worried about than whether some two-bit moron is actually holding anything on RG3.

^^ this.

No, but it puts a serious dent in the truthfulness of his story. Nobody should be getting worried based on anything this guy says.

Honestly? Nope. It's really, really, REALLY easy to stay out of trouble, believe it or not lol...with the background, family and environment he's always had growing up, I find it one million times more likely that RG3 has indeed stayed out of trouble than I believe he's been ridiculously good at keeping trouble hidden from family, coaches, teammates, scouts, and a gaggle of carnivorous media members.

Well, I will put myself in the 'concerned' category and hope that you're right.

So what if he does?

But your posts in this thread are reminding me of one of my favorite Jim Gaffigan lines:

"If there was an award for most pessimistic, I probably wouldn't even be nominated." ~ Jim Gaffigan

:ols:

I love Jim Gaffigan.

I think part of it, for me, is the abject failure that DC sports have been over my lifetime and I have a hard time believing that anything positive will actually happen.

I wouldn't call it nagging. The thought occurred to me that most people have at least one nasty little secret that, if it got out, would cause major embarrassment at the very least. RD3 might have one of those, but just as easily, he might not.

Believe it or not, there are some people who really are just decent human beings with nothing more than minor "character flaws".

I wouldn't call it nagging. The thought occurred to me that most people have at least one nasty little secret that, if it got out, would cause major embarrassment at the very least. RD3 might have one of those, but just as easily, he might not.

Believe it or not, there are some people who really are just decent human beings with nothing more than minor "character flaws".

Rosario Dawson?...

Rosario Dawson?...

I just thought Robert Downey Jr. had a kid.

:silly:

Archived