Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rum Drinkers, What is your favorite rum?

SC_RedskinsFan

Who get the oil ocean?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who get the oil ocean?

• JR Ewing
    • Daniel Plainview

Bacardi sucks.

Mount Gay is fantastic and a true rum.

I love single barrel Cruzian, it's exactly like drinking a whiskey.

Cruzian No 9 is a great spiced rum, much better than Captain IMO.

I love Rum, although I've been on a monster Tequila and Tonic kick lately.

Sailor Jerry I use to drink, but now that I live on the top Rum producing island, I'll stick to Captain and Cruzian and support my own.

Pyrat and Pussers are good west Indies rums also, but not worth the money in the states.

^ That girl's cute, especially when she smiles.

I enjoy myself Captain Morgan Private Stock mixed with some cold Coca Cola.

Try it with Vanilla Coke, TK introduced me to that combo a couple years back and I've loved it ever since.

We call it "Liquid Candy"

My favorite rum is by far Cruzan. Just about any flavor. My wife and I went to the distillery on St Croix a couple of years ago. They let you try a shot of every flavor (for free).

:ols: sounds about right. rum is cheaper than milk down there. you can get a handle of cruzan at the "cost u less" for $9.99 on St. Thomas

I've always found it funny that people are willing to pay more for Captain Morgans rather than Cruzan. When I last went to St. Thomas for work, I had a coworker ask me to buy her a bottle of Captain Morgans because liquor is cheaper there. I cringed. K-mart is the cheapest place to buy rum there, and even their selection had dozens of better tasting, cheaper rums.

For a long time I really liked the Cruzan Rum which was aged 5 years, but after a storm came through they raided the 5 year stock to keep up with demand for the younger rums. I hope the 5 year comes back in a year or two. Still, Cruzan rum is better than Captains for my tastes. It's better than Malibu too if you want a coconut rum too.

I am currently drinking my way slowly (about a drink a week) though an aged Appleton estate http://www.bevmo.com/Shop/ProductDetail.aspx?D=rum&Ntx=mode%2bmatchall&Dx=mode%2bmatchall&Ntk=All&Nty=1&Ntt=rum&N=330&ProductID=447, and it's good.

However, there is an 8 year aged Bacardi I bought in Puerto Rico which is still my favorite . I was surprised because I didn't expect a Bacardi rum to be my favorite because the other Bacardi rums are good but not a favorite. Sadly, I haven't found it any where stateside save on line.http://www.bevmo.com/Shop/ProductDetail.aspx?D=rum&Ntx=mode%2bmatchall&Dx=mode%2bmatchall&Ntk=All&Nty=1&Ntt=rum&N=330&ProductID=7683

Note on the cheapness of rum in the Virgin islands, a rum and coke there will be more rum than coke because the rum is cheaper.

:ols: sounds about right. rum is cheaper than milk down there. you can get a handle of cruzan at the "cost u less" for $9.99 on St. Thomas

One of my favorite quotes from the islands is:

"The Beauty of the Caribbean is that the Rum is cheaper than the Milk".

My wife and I went on a cruise a couple of months ago and we picked up about 20 bottles of rum (few from each island and about 12 from Cruzan). The big bottles are about 3 dollars cheaper there than the small bottles are here.

Depends on my mood, but I'm a big fan of Sailor Jerry in the spiced rum dept. Mount Gay and tonic with lime is one of the most refreshing summer drinks I've had, so that's always a good choice. Pyrat rum is damn tasty and has a rather unique taste. I highly suggest trying it if you never have!

Archived