Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Buccaners101.com-Source: Washington Redskins are Interested in Tampa Bay Buccaneers CB Aqib Talib

authentic

Buccaneers101.com has learned from a league source that the Redskins are interested in acquiring cornerback Aqib Talib. The source told Buccaneers101.com that Washington has explored the idea of trading for Talib but is waiting for the outcome of Talib's upcoming trial to see whether or not he will face jail time or suspension from NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell.

When asked about the situation, our source said "if Washington doesn't get him in a trade this season then they most certainly will if he hits free agency next year." The source also told us that Morris badly wants to coach Talib again because "Morris believes Talib has the skill set to be the best corner in football."

click for the rest

:munchout:

He's a really good player but had red flags in college and that didn't change in the pros. However, I think Shanny and company would hold him more accountable than Morris did in TB. For a low round pick? Sure... he'd be a legit starter provided he's not in jail.

If Morris said that he has the skill set to be the best corner in football, I'm going to listen. He knows Talib better than anyone in the NFL, so if we do make a move for him and it isn't a completely stupid price I'm all for it. No shame in getting more talented.

i personally don't like talib because of the baggage, but we have nothing but time on this. we can wait and see what happens and then go from there.

they are (have?) getting rid of winslow so it's obvious they want a culture change and for talib this might be his last stop if he can't keep it together.

i never worry about our locker room on the defensive side because of london.

edit:

this is unless of course goodell/mara wait until we are in contention at some point and then suspend him, fine our team, and take draft picks away for picking him up.

He's a really good player but had red flags in college and that didn't change in the pros. However, I think Shanny and company would hold him more accountable than Morris did in TB. For a low round pick? Sure... he'd be a legit starter provided he's not in jail.

But Morris is our DB coach. :shhh:

The most salient thing about Talib is that he made Jason Campbell look pretty awful in that one game against Tampa...

That's not the only time Talib has looked elite, though. He's a great corner who is still young. A knuckle-head, but I'll take that risk every time. But, I've posted extensively on this topic a month or two ago.

What value would Tampa want in return? Myself a 5th rounder or 6th regardless of the court situation, but then again if he goes to jail then deal is not happening. Also, I see Raheem taking over as a d corridinator sooner rather than later within the next 2-3 years....

If Morris said that he has the skill set to be the best corner in football, I'm going to listen.

Ronde Barber has previously called him the most athletic or talented defensive back he's ever played with. The talent and ability is there and it's not like it's just potential - the guy plays up to his draft position when he plays. The problem is the baggage he brings. It would be one thing if we had a few years of winning and the right attitude under our belt. I believe we have a strong lockerroom, but I'm not sure it's strong enough or has enough trust built up due to previous success to be able to turn a guy around like, say, the Ravens would.

Asante went for a 7th rounded and didn't have any baggage (at least not that I have heard of). Similar value?

Is Talib suppose to make 21.5 million over the next two years? Asante Samuel was traded for pennies on the dollars because he was making way to much money.

Ronde Barber has previously called him the most athletic or talented defensive back he's ever played with. The talent and ability is there and it's not like it's just potential - the guy plays up to his draft position when he plays. The problem is the baggage he brings. It would be one thing if we had a few years of winning and the right attitude under our belt. I believe we have a strong lockerroom, but I'm not sure it's strong enough or has enough trust built up due to previous success to be able to turn a guy around like, say, the Ravens would.

for real though, i would take the gamble.. get him around a structured environment, and just hope that it would put him on the straight & narrow.

This would explain why there was the tweet about Barnes getting reps at safety.

Seriously, if we bring him in (which I am all for), our secondary could be elite. Talib and Wilson on the outside, Hall in the slot (where he would make for a great defender), Brandyn Thompson as the dime back, with Tanard Jackson and Brandon Meriweather as safeties is pretty good by any measure.

Archived