Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Westbrook hates: Idiots singing along with annoying songs in public establishments

Westbrook36

I know, sigh, keep that crap in Baltimore.

Seconded. My uncle yelled at the Nats game last year anybody who says Oh during the National Anthem is getting punched. Like half the section started singing the anthem at "... say can you see..." :ols:

I don't go to bars, but I do find it annoying when people sing along. The one that I can't stand is Whitney Houston's "I Will Always Love You" AND IIIIIIIIIII EEE IIII!!! :doh:

On a related topic, I approve of people who blast they rap through earphones

Sometimes I'll be in the computer lab writing up Access databases and people several rows back just blasting their rap, you can hear the beats several rows away. Can't help but bob my head back and forth

I guess we can use this to rant about our biggest public annoyances.

I hate the wave. I went to the Reds/National's game last month and there was no "wave". No one did it. It was amazing.

edit: that game lasted 13 innings which made it even more amazing.

THANK YOU!

Every ****ing ECU football game I go to, someone starts the wave in the third quarter. Every. Single. One. I hate it with every fiber of my being.

I guess I'm not familiar with that little tradition. What is it exactly?

When the Star-Spangled Banner is sung at Orioles games, and the performer sings "Oh say does that Star-Spangled Banner yet wave" Orioles fans feel the need to scream "O" in support of their team (or just to be stupid). Unfortunately, since we didn't have baseball in Washington for over 30 years, that trend spread to Washington sports teams and people still feel the need to do this. Hell, even at East Carolina games, there's always at least a dozen guys that shout out "O" when the marching band plays the Star-Spangled Banner, and that's down here in North Carolina.

I can tell he's never been in a country bar....a prize to the person who knows #1 song that gets this treatment in the parts of the country that know John Deere isn't the fella who lives down the street.

Friends in Low Places =)

And I'm gonna go with this as well:

Whyyyy do ya drink - to get durnkkkk

Hank why do you roll smoke - to get stoned

Why must you live out the songs that you wrote - to get laid!

It doesn't really bother me, but I guess it depends on the bar. And how drunk I am.

The #1 song that rednecks lose their **** over (at least in Texas) is "You Never Even Call Me By My Name" by David Allen Coe.

I was listening to a podcast with Penn Jillette this week and he expalined art in an interesting way. He has a two point scale of talent + passion. 100 percent talent + 100 percent passion equals someone like Miles Davis or The Beatles. 0 percent talent and 0 percent passion is a bad Vegas lounge act.

What he said that was interesting is that the most fascinating performers are 0 percent talent and 100 percent passion and he used David Allen Coe as an example. Having see DAC live, I can attest to this. His shows and songs are simultaneously awesome and truly terrible.

On a related topic, I approve of people who blast they rap through earphones

Sometimes I'll be in the computer lab writing up Access databases and people several rows back just blasting their rap, you can hear the beats several rows away. Can't help but bob my head back and forth

Or a car that comes up behind/beside you and all you hear is the bass.

I was listening to a podcast with Penn Jillette this week and he expalined art in an interesting way. He has a two point scale of talent + passion. 100 percent talent + 100 percent passion equals someone like Miles Davis or The Beatles. 0 percent talent and 0 percent passion is a bad Vegas lounge act.

What he said that was interesting is that the most fascinating performers are 0 percent talent and 100 percent passion and he used David Allen Coe as an example. Having see DAC live' date=' I can attest to this. His shows and songs are simultaneously awesome and truly terrible.[/quote']

I love the Nerdist podcast! Pretty much always great stuff going on there. Have you been watching their All-Star Bowling on their youtube channel?

I guess we can use this to rant about our biggest public annoyances.

I hate the wave. I went to the Reds/National's game last month and there was no "wave". No one did it. It was amazing.

edit: that game lasted 13 innings which made it even more amazing.

People were trying to get the wave going at the Nats game last night. Wasn't working too well.

And Westy, how could you have a rant about bar sing along and not have Don't Stop Believin'

---------- Post added May-4th-2012 at 04:28 PM ----------

When the Star-Spangled Banner is sung at Orioles games, and the performer sings "Oh say does that Star-Spangled Banner yet wave" Orioles fans feel the need to scream "O" in support of their team (or just to be stupid). Unfortunately, since we didn't have baseball in Washington for over 30 years, that trend spread to Washington sports teams and people still feel the need to do this. Hell, even at East Carolina games, there's always at least a dozen guys that shout out "O" when the marching band plays the Star-Spangled Banner, and that's down here in North Carolina.

I've heard people at Nats/Caps game shout "Red" during the anthem too

Is it just me or does anyone else think that Westbrook is horribly tone deaf and can't carry a tune.

Yes, it's annoying, but I really don't mind people having fun, letting off some steam, and getting silly. Kind of what a bar is for, no?

Archived