Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Westbrook hates: Idiots singing along with annoying songs in public establishments

Westbrook36

Seconded. My uncle yelled at the Nats game last year anybody who says Oh during the National Anthem is getting punched. Like half the section started singing the anthem at "... say can you see..." :ols:

:

:ols: :ols:

You don't frequent many Irish pubs do ya, or many rugby establishments I take it...

At least up in Albany when a good Irish band is playing the entire bar sings some of the tunes...sweet Caroline, the unicorn song, mta (song by a band in Albany). Or rugby bar, one of the many rugby drinking songs that could be sung on any given Saturday after a match....I'd list he names but I think the profanity filter would go haywire...lol

Westbrook, just a gut feeling but....something tells me this might happen less often to you if you stopped frequenting gay bars. Admittedly, I have no personal experience in this regard, but it seems to me you "alternative lifestyle" people are all into those awful showtunes and stuff.

Seconded. My uncle yelled at the Nats game last year anybody who says Oh during the National Anthem is getting punched. Like half the section started singing the anthem at "... say can you see..." :ols:

Your dad kicks ass. :ols:

---------- Post added May-5th-2012 at 10:44 AM ----------

I've heard people at Nats/Caps game shout "Red" during the anthem too

That is also lame.

we yelled "night" at Thrashers games, even after we'd done it at Knights games, to honor the team we lost.

I miss my hhhoooccckkkeeyyy !!!

---------- Post added May-5th-2012 at 11:17 AM ----------

:laugh:

I was thinking the same thing. Well...at least the drinks are cheap at the American Legion...

You gotta be a vet there, and we'll sing what we damn well please.:silly:

Westbrook, just a gut feeling but....something tells me this might happen less often to you if you stopped frequenting gay bars. Admittedly, I have no personal experience in this regard, but it seems to me you "alternative lifestyle" people are all into those awful showtunes and stuff.

Every dive bar in NJ has a jukebox or some music playing contraption that enables the "LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME" idiots to show everyone how happy they are to be drinking with their friends!!!

little-richard-v3.jpg%253Fw%253D300%2526h%253D300.jpg

Welcome back, Westbrook! I've missed your hate threads.

Still waiting for the uber "offended" folks to come lashing out at you.

The #1 song that rednecks lose their **** over (at least in Texas) is "You Never Even Call Me By My Name" by David Allen Coe.

I love that song, but they don't play it much out here.

Every dive bar in NJ has a jukebox or some music playing contraption that enables the "LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME" idiots to show everyone how happy they are to be drinking with their friends!!!

It's karaoke, and it's why I only go to places with live bands.

This is true. There's no stopping someone from putting in their 75 cents, selecting Free Bird and having most of the bar butcher it unless you play jukebox police. Great post enjoy your *You know what really grinds my gears* threads

---------- Post added May-5th-2012 at 03:41 PM ----------

It's karaoke, and it's why I only go to places with live bands.

It's not Karaoke though, they have these new jukeboxes that you can basically find any song ever made on them. The dive bars here in Tahoe mostly have Rock music playing, but soon as someone puts their money in the jukebox it cuts out the radio. They are actually pretty cool if someone with similar musical taste as your own is pumping in coins. Absolute TORTURE if you have people like Westbrook described in control of them. You can hear 5 of these drunken ballads in a row.

Archived