Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SOW| Has Mike Shanahan Built His Offensive Masterpiece?

rd421

234lbs.

Can he still run a 4.3 at that weight??

---------- Post added April-24th-2012 at 10:56 PM ----------

So I will readily admit I haven't been a fan of this team for nearly as long as most of you, but I have to ask, for those who are truly longtime fans of many many years, can you honestly recall a season you have looked forward to or that has had as much buzz as this upcoming season???

REAL REDSKINS FANS are this pumped EVERY SINGLE YR

So I will readily admit I haven't been a fan of this team for nearly as long as most of you, but I have to ask, for those who are truly longtime fans of many many years, can you honestly recall a season you have looked forward to or that has had as much buzz as this upcoming season???

I think everybody here was talking Super Bowl before the 2006 season. Also a lot of posters were really excited about McNugget and Shanahans first season here.

Yep. I remember Jon Jansen talking about home field advantage (****ing home field advantage) as if it were a realistic possibility back in the summer of '06. It really did seem like we were prime for a serious run. Then Portis broke his hand while attempting to Rock Bottom Keiwan Ratliff, and as they say, the rest is history, painful, painful history.

Anybody know when the last time we scored over 40? I sure don't. Looks like we'll be getting used to seeing it real soon.

I remember when we put 52 up on the 49ers in 2005, not sure if we have broken the 40 point mark since then though.

There have been offfensive masterpieces before that have failed yield a title.

Based on his own record, if Shanny doesn't win at least one superbowl with RG3, it won't matter how masterful his offense may end up being.

It will be nice to have an offense that can score but ultimately Shanny has to produce results with the offense masterpiece you feel he has built.

I love when analysts besides Polian are talking about RG III and the Skins, they always mention the fact that the skins need to get the offensive pieces around him to succeed. What the hell are they talking about? Davis, Garcon, Hankerson, Morgan, Helu, Royster, Moss. More than enough talent for RG III to play with. A lot more than Cam Newton had, with hopefully an improving defense as well. I expect Davis to make the Pro Bowl this year if he keeps himself out of trouble. People don't' realize how talented that guy is, and he should be motivated

I love when analysts besides Polian are talking about RG III and the Skins, they always mention the fact that the skins need to get the offensive pieces around him to succeed. What the hell are they talking about? Davis, Garcon, Hankerson, Morgan, Helu, Royster, Moss. More than enough talent for RG III to play with. A lot more than Cam Newton had, with hopefully an improving defense as well. I expect Davis to make the Pro Bowl this year if he keeps himself out of trouble. People don't' realize how talented that guy is, and he should be motivated

Its because across the league it seems like such a bias against the redskins - or maybe not a bias, but a wish/hope for us to fail...they still think we over pay for high priced free agents, and dan, vinny, and the inmates are running the asylum - when in fact - while i have been so jacked up for every season of redskins football since i was 6 or 7, and other than 1991, it has been BLIND FAITH - This yr i am more confident that we are 1 step closer to perennially being a powerhouse again, due to the pieces we have brought in and we havent broken the bank for, AND ARE HUNGRY.

I believe thats why they say that if we get players around him he will succeed...Now the only way we can shut them up is to do what the pats do, run the score up on every team we play AND WIN.

My fear about the O is I still don't know how we are going to pick up the dreaded 3rd and 1 or punch the ball in consistently when we have 1st and goal from the 5. It seems like these situations are where our drives have gone to die as our OL fails to get the push needed. Fix this, and I think our scoring jumps up to respectable.

It's nice to see the Skins front office following a well-coordinated and patient plan to rebuild this team. There are a lot of new players being brought in to see how well they fit in, and whether they can contribute. And time will tell which of those players can stick with the team over the long haul.

During a rebuild -- it's important to promote competition at the skill positions, and the support positions, like the offensive line. It's great how last year's starters can't become complacent, because many of them are finding themselves 'on the bubble' going into the preseason. So, 'making the Skins roster' has evolved into more of a selection of the fittest ... and I am confident that those who 'survive' will likely 'thrive' during the next couple of years. So maybe one day, we might see more teams wanting to deal with the Skins FO, because Skins players have become more desireable as trade-bait.

But a Skins offensive juggernaut in 2012? Time to be realistic ... and more importantly patient. I think we need to consider the following:

--The critical year for the NFL WR is usually the third year in the league -- Hankerson barely has one.

--It's hard to consider the current Skins offensive line as 'elite' -- with Chester (somewhat of a journeyman), Brown (still trying to recover his form), Montgomery (7th rounder, waived by two NFL teams) and Lichtensteiger (needing to come back from injury?). (And let's not forget that Williams could be gone in a puff of smoke.)

-- It remains to be seen if/when Moss' talents fade appreciably and by how much.

-- It remains to be seen how well Garcon and Morgan fit in, and whether the Skins can retain Morgan -- should he prove to be durable and a 'keeper'

-- The RB position is deep, but looking more like RB by committee. At least it's a strong point, as long as the offensive line can continue to progress

-- The Skins will have their long-awaited franchise QB -- at least they'll have a candidate to be the spark of the offense. And maybe Griffin may suprise everyone as a rookie, or maybe he might just be a talented rookie needing time to really learn the next level of the game. Regardless, he'll need a good supporting case, time, and especially patience from the fans

I like the purposeful design of this rebuild, and things look bright for the future. I just hope Skins fans could refrain from too much "The Future is NOW" type of thinking.

...I suspect the "Future" is somewhere around mid-season 2013, -- when everything starts to click for these young and speedy Skins.

Good article but honestly for me its not the receivers so much as it is the OL. if we don't have injuries this year like last year then I can see where our offense can be lethal. if RGIII gets time with the speed we have on outside then yes defenses are going to have a heck of a time stopping us.

I noticed one mistake early in the piece, there was a "the" missing. What other mistakes were you referring to?

There are 3 or four mistakes in the front part of the article.

I like the concept, by he needs an editor :) Or maybe get his mom to proof it.

There are 3 or four mistakes in the front part of the article.

I like the concept, by he needs an editor :) Or maybe get his mom to proof it.

He's not the only one who needs an editor :ols:

---------- Post added April-25th-2012 at 10:04 AM ----------

Three straight double digit losing seasons. I don't think anybody is scouring our roster for talent.

Seems like the Pats sign one of our old guys every off season.

Archived