Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP, Roger Goodell says bounty investigation of Redskins is not over

Monkart

That's what I've read too. I can't say that I would blame the NFL for punishing the Redskins if in fact there was a bounty program. They can't punish the Saints and then do nothing to a team that did the same thing.

And I have a hard time believing Gibbs didn't know about it. It was his team. It was his responsibility.

I hate to take the bait, so I will just say this: I have a hard time believing Gibbs knew anything about anybody on his team purposely trying to injure other players. He has said as much, and I believe he is a man of his word. The single most upsetting thing about these accusation is to see Gibbs' dragged through the mud.

I do think Williams was doing this stuff, but I also think he kept it hidden from Gibbs. You would have to know very little about Gibbs to think otherwise.

Which ALL TEAMS DO! Some QBs give money to their OL for not letting him get sacked and stuff like that

That's a little different. It's one player giving another a gift.

When coaches do it, its management. Thus its their employer giving them incentives that aren't in their contract. I'm fairly.certain that's a violation of the rules. As bad as paying to hurt other players? No. Breaking the rules? Yes.

Man this is just getting unreal. You never hear crap about anything until we have a remote chance to start doing better. If this goes through, I will seriously have to just start watching college ball. I swear if he touches our 2nd pick, all hell will break lose in DC. Also, how does the owner of a team (Mara) get to make big choices on other teams such as our cap penalty. Who the hell thought that would be a smart idea? It leaves a lot of speculation on how much he has to do with this bounty investigation crap. It obviously looks like Roger has it out for us but to have a division rival president throwing penalties at us just isn't something I want to be a part of. I would feel weird if Snyder was doing this to the Cowboys. Giants fans should be ashamed.

Well it should be over. There is absolutely ZERO chance Joe Gibbs knew about players being paid to hurt other players. ZERO!!!!! I will be outraged if someone even accuses Joe Gibbs of such an allegation. In regards to Williams, The upper management thought Williams was doing something shady and not always being as forthcoming as he should so they didn't hire him as HC and let him go. The NFL will need some sort of indisputable evidence that Dan Snyder, Joe Gibbs and the rest of the Redskins Organization knew about it. No chance.

Unless of course the NFL uses the "in the spirit of" defense. We will have no chance if the NFL says a friend of a players son told his dad that the Redskins had a sort of bounty system in spirit. Completely screwed. "in the spirit of" defense is almost as acclaimed as the "Chewbaca" defense so for the Redskins sake I hope the NFL doesn't try it again.

That's what I've read too. I can't say that I would blame the NFL for punishing the Redskins if in fact there was a bounty program. They can't punish the Saints and then do nothing to a team that did the same thing.

And I have a hard time believing Gibbs didn't know about it. It was his team. It was his responsibility.

Come on man you really can't be serious. You really think Gibbs knew about something like this and didn't stop it.

*Edit* sorry should have known that someone would have said something if not 3 or 4 people.

Somebody send him the NFL Films video where Deacon Jones says that he's paid to knock QB's out of games. Maybe the Rams can give up the draft picks we just donated to them. :ols:

:ols::ols:

So long as he's also investigating Buffalo,Jacksonville,and Tennessee as well. As a matter of fact why hasn't Jacksonville's name come up? He coached there in between Washington and New Orleans.

I hate to take the bait, so I will just say this: I have a hard time believing Gibbs knew anything about anybody on his team purposely trying to injure other players. He has said as much, and I believe he is a man of his word. The single most upsetting thing about these accusation is to see Gibbs' dragged through the mud.

Bingo. I can never forgive Williams for this. Joe Gibbs is a hero of mine mainly because of his integrity and for him to even be associated with this is just unforgivable. Joe Gibbs respected his wishes to have total control of the defense and he treated Joe Gibbs like a fool. Gregg William's name should be stricken from everything associated with the Washington Redskins and his name never spoken again.

I would never watch another NFL game if they somehow manged take RG3 from the Redskins!!

Come in off the ledge. Ain't happening.

Saints had multiple warnings and lied to the commish and they still didn't lose a first rounder. Nothing to indicate we even come close to that level. They might take something from us, if they can prove it, but it will not be rg3.

Come in off the ledge. Ain't happening.

Saints had multiple warnings and lied to the commish and they still didn't lose a first rounder. Nothing to indicate we even come close to that level. They might take something from us, if they can prove it, but it will not be rg3.

And it won't be this offseason. Look how long it took them to close the case on the Saints.

I already lose weeks off my life during the season, now I have to deal with this **** during the offseason? F this I'm playing Pokemom.

Lol thats how I feel. I'm tired of hearing the words Redskins and Goodell in the same sentence. Its draining to be so pumped about this team finally making a move in the right direction and have to hear all this lame news popping up left and right.

Roger Goodell is doing his best to be the dictator of the NFL and is picking and choosing who to penalize. SpyGate was swept under the rug because it would have exposed the Patriots as cheaters to win Super Bowls but he picks to penalize two teams for a good and legal move in 2010. Then he is going after the Redskins again for something that happened 4 or 5 years ago. Sounds like he is being bought off by Kraft and Mara. Goodell is a joke.

:ols::ols:

So long as he's also investigating Buffalo,Jacksonville,and Tennessee as well. As a matter of fact why hasn't Jacksonville's name come up? He coached there in between Washington and New Orleans.

When the Spygate crap happened with Belichick I don't remember them investigating the Browns and Giants or Parcells.

Williams is being punished and so is Sean Payton. The Saints have had 2 second round picks taken from then and have been fined $500,000. What more investigation is really needed? Joe Gibbs already said that he didn't know about Williams bounty program in Washington. And to add, we are talking 2004-07 which was a while back and two regimes ago. There's no way the Redskins can be punished by this. The ring leader himself is paying heavily for his transgressions against the game.

As far as I can tell, Goodell currently has no information on the Redskins that would require investigation. If the league receives further information on this subject, they'll act on it. Terror level has dropped to amber for the moment, but they're still on the lookout.

If we hear reports about an information leak, I'd panic. Beyond that, meh.

haha, the comments of 'GOODELL HAS GONE COMPLETELY INSANE" are funny. Like this little comment put you over the edge lol. He's just saying the investigation isn't closed, as was the case already. The 'hey no one's got a free pass here' part is more or less just keeping his foot on the gas of the player safety thing.

Being that capgate and bountygate are completely unrelated, I don't think there's any real way they can affect each other. If gone to court, evidence of a bounty system wouldn't have any bearing on salary cap issues, especially in a year when Greg Williams was already gone. So I don't think it's to be used as any kind of leverage for Goodell. Besides, it seems very very unlikely that such evidence would just suddenly surface, and even if it did, it would have to be as bad or worse than the Saints to get anywhere near a penalty that would take away RG3. And that's all that matter right now lol.

On a side note, how funny would it have been to have been busted when Williams was here and Vinny got suspended for 8 games. We'd be all "hell, make it 16!" lol

Goodell thinks he's J. Edger Hoover, he's really getting out of hand!

PALM BEACH, Fla.—NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said Monday that the league has not stopped investigating allegations that the Washington Redskins and other teams besides the New Orleans Saints had bounty programs when Gregg Williams coached for them.

Go for it Bozo your not going to find anything.

Archived