Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

Gravity...glorious. Magnificent.

Very tense, edge of your seat with a subtle dash of minimal comic relief. In a way, I feel exhausted, tired three hours after I saw it.

Clooney nearly stole the show, imo. I absolutely loved his wise yet wise-cracking, father-figure role. However, I have a brand new sense of respect for Sandra Bullock. It's not very often you can watch a film and an actor/actress and completely forget WHO you are watching. She truly became someone else.

And for the record, Alfonso Cuaron and Neill Blomkamp now own science fiction.

I also liked it. It was suspenseful from about 10 minutes in, right up to the credits.

I saw Don Jon and that movie was awful.  How the heck did it get 83% on rotten?

Because sometimes, people that give ratings on that site (or similar sites) can be stupid (either that or the movie was good). I still can't wrap my head around the fact that Olympus Has Fallen got anything more than a 5 on IMDB. That movie was awful.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

Rush was amazing. You definitely do not need to be a racing fan at all because it's a lot more than race scenes. Great (true) story, great acting and has to have best director and best film nominations locked up. I don't think you even need to be a sports fan to appreciate it. Ron Howard has to be up there as one of the best directors ever.

I just watched Drive Angry with Nicolas Cage last night, and i feel like i died and went to heaven starring the phenom himself. Honestly, this movie fullfilled everything i want from a Cage film. It was Cage overload. Its as if this film was written to be for and only for him. Inebriated or not, this is one of my top films of the year.

I just watched Drive Angry with Nicolas Cage last night, and i feel like i died and went to heaven starring the phenom himself. Honestly, this movie fullfilled everything i want from a Cage film. It was Cage overload. Its as if this film was written to be for and only for him. Inebriated or not, this is one of my top films of the year.

You've gotta be kidding. 

• Like 2

Saw The Prisoner's last weekend with my lady and it was indeed very dark cinematic.

But the ending left so much to be desired tho.

Yep, saw it tonight and I have to agree. One of the people in the theatre at the end got up and said "well, tthat sucked!!!". They kinda have to make a 2nd one right?

Saw "The Conjuring" last night. As I was expecting, not worth the hype ( Really, what is worth the hype these days?). Solid movie. Some good scares, but too predictable. Like really, really predictable. The whole creepy little girl/possession angle is severely payed out to the point of annoyance. It held my attention though.

Definitey not "The scariest movie since the Exorcist." Whoever seriously bought that probably felt embarrassed by the end of the movie.

Gravity...glorious. Magnificent.

Very tense, edge of your seat with a subtle dash of minimal comic relief. In a way, I feel exhausted, tired three hours after I saw it.

Clooney nearly stole the show, imo. I absolutely loved his wise yet wise-cracking, father-figure role. However, I have a brand new sense of respect for Sandra Bullock. It's not very often you can watch a film and an actor/actress and completely forget WHO you are watching. She truly became someone else.

And for the record, Alfonso Cuaron and Neill Blomkamp now own science fiction.

I thought it was kinda boring.  I knew exactly what was going to happen before it happened, EVERY time.

There was almost no character development and as a result, I felt NOTHING for Bullock.  I agree with you on Clooney, but to me, Sandra Bullock was just mailing it in.  I didn't care about her, why she was in space or that she was trying to get back home.  She might as well have been a ritz cracker floating around space.  They should've consulted the creators and writers of Up!  I felt more for the characters in that movie in the first 5 minutes then I did in 90 minutes of Gravity.  

Been trying to clean out a lot of Netflix horror category with it being Halloween season. 

Watched this one last night.

9780316230636_p0_v1_s260x420.JPG

I liked it a lot. It wasn't scary but it's more a psychological thriller. It's one of those that makes you think a lot once you realize all that happened and what one character actually went through. It had Jennifer Lawrence and Max Thieriot (the brother on Bates Motel) so the acting was very good from the two leads. I'd recommend it. 

Also saw This is the End. I thought it was hilarious. I can see why people didn't like it but I love Jonah Hill, James Franco, Jay Baruchel and Danny McBride so it was sort of a perfect storm for me. 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

Been trying to clean out a lot of Netflix horror category with it being Halloween season. 

Watched this one last night.

9780316230636_p0_v1_s260x420.JPG

I liked it a lot. It wasn't scary but it's more a psychological thriller. It's one of those that makes you think a lot once you realize all that happened and what one character actually went through. It had Jennifer Lawrence and Max Thieriot (the brother on Bates Motel) so the acting was very good from the two leads. I'd recommend it. 

Also saw This is the End. I thought it was hilarious. I can see why people didn't like it but I love Jonah Hill, James Franco, Jay Baruchel and Danny McBride so it was sort of a perfect storm for me. 

Hmm, I have been skipping over that movie for weeks. I'll check it out. If you haven't seen it yet I'd check out Grave Encounters as well. Fairly low budget, but packs some punch. And its almost a direct spoof of the Ghost Adventures crew, who seem to not hide the fact that they routinely make **** up.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

pacific rim -pretty cool, better than i expected. idris alba swags so hard, dude is a pimp

action scenes were amazing

This movie was just ballin.  A great homage to Japanese giant monster movies / SciFi trekky types too. 

Loved the political bs that was shown and the struggle to make stuff work around that.

The CGI was great.  You almost forget you are watching CGI, and if your surround sound is kicking - then it feels like you are floating in the sky watching giants fight.  Very cool experience.

Hopefully this is a rebirth of this genre.... I wanna see more.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

This is the End and White House Down

This is the End - typical hit and miss Seth Rogen movie that is probably 20 mins to long. Still, for the Redbox rental price of 32cents after coupon, who can complain?  

White House Down - Holy **** is that movie fun. And stupid. And brilliant. And dumb. And fun..did I mention that? This movie was basically Die Hard and In the Line of Fire rolled into one - but with the late 1980's action still intact.