Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

I saw Spiderman, thought it was great.

I really loved the first one and thought this follow up was even better. Did a great job tugging on heartstrings to get you to feel different ways about different characters and then turn that on it head.

Really well done. I'm pretty sure the animators were openly weeping about having to do so many different art styles tho.

I saw the Super Mario Brothers movie.  It was better than I thought it would be with a lot of references to the original game that I liked.  I won't say it was a great movie, but it was a solid B, and I don't regret spending the time to watch it with my youngest kid.

• Like 3

image.jpeg.cacc08abbc046db0446fa92a94ae0282.jpeg

Nefarious: On the day of his scheduled execution, a convicted serial killer gets a psychiatric evaluation during which he claims he is a demon, and further claims that before their time is over, the psychiatrist will commit three murders of his own.

Brilliant movie. 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Watched Marauders last night. Good action / heist movie, story was actually pretty solid, not what I expected. Ending was meh, but worth a watch it's a tight 1:40 minutes, though they could have cut ten or so minutes of extraneous story. 

What surprised me the most was Christopher Meloni absolutely killed it, I expected him to be decent, but he did a great job. If your doom scrolling and want to see some blasting worth a watch. 

Transformers: Rise of the Beasts

My family marks out for "Transformers".   7.5 to 8 out of 10.  It was certainly better than "The Last Knght" but it lacks some of the elements that truly make a great "Transformers" movie.  I didn't feel like the connection was there between the protagonists (humans and Transformers).   Maybe next movie will develop this a bit more. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

On 6/16/2023 at 4:24 PM, 88Comrade2000 said:

Flash was actually good. Despite the controversy with Ezra and the stories we heard about production, the movie was good.

Michael Keaton was great in returning to play Batman.

Ezra did good playing 2 versions of himself. 

Gets a solid B.

Yep agreed. Would give it around an 7.5/10. Felt more Marvel-esque with the lighthearted comedic moments but also quite emotional. And had some...nice surprises. ;)

Edited by Warhead36

Just watched "The Shining", 1980 for the first time.  "Son of Fergasun" watched Boogeyman recently and was asking about Stephen King movies.  I rate as a 9/10 to me, if only because I was aware of half the things that were going to happen.  But that would actually make me want to bump it up to 10/10. 

It delivered... Jack Nicholson delivered.

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

On 6/20/2023 at 2:43 PM, 88Comrade2000 said:

Saw the latest Pixar toon, Elemental. Pixar is in a slump but this movie is good. A little different and also timely for Father’s Day. The Dad-Daughter relationship key in driving this cartoon.

Gets a solid B.

Yeah the wife and I enjoyed it as well. Would give it around a 7/10. Good metaphors for immigration as well.

On 6/20/2023 at 2:43 PM, 88Comrade2000 said:

Saw the latest Pixar toon, Elemental. Pixar is in a slump but this movie is good. A little different and also timely for Father’s Day. The Dad-Daughter relationship key in driving this cartoon.

Gets a solid B.

I wouldn’t say Pixar has been in a slump. Turning Red was excellent and Soul might be their most beautiful, powerful, inspiring, and emotional movie ever. 

• Like 1