Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

3 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

That’s one property that needs to be put to bed. How many movies about dinosaurs can be effectively made? 

Plenty if they are good. 

There is a hard limit on how many times they can be made/moved and controlled only to prove that doesn't work.  That being the core of everyone one of them expect the third one (which was arguably the worst) screams fear of trying something different vs what's already made a couple million bucks that is killing me with Hollywood lately.

I'm not sure I care where to go from here with this franchise (agree it needs a retirement), I don't agree with a reboot (the movies based on books were good enough) and not sure how to do a dinosaur movie without the same basic premise of how they brought them back to life in this franchise via genetics and cloning. No time machines or dinos from space please, that Syfy Channel B-Movie plot all day, not summer blockbuster.

Spoiler

But don't make another park in Italy thinking that will go any different plus get my hopes up all humans get eaten only to starve because Italy park folks equally stupidly made giant locusts. I wanted to see everyone die via dinosaurs or insinuate it was inevitable at least, F this feel good co-existing BS.

18 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Dominion sucks worse then the power company. 

Not even trying to do this with animatronics, that far removed from the original.  Done entirely with photoshop 😒

Edit: Think that baby triceratops might of been as a "homage" that's it

I don't know why anyone would waste money on this garbage.

I mean there is a scene in the trailer where a ****ing dinosaur catches up to an airplane and starts ripping it apart.

So now dinosaurs can fly hundreds of miles per hour lol.

That movie just looks oh so terrible.  This reaction to the trailer sums it up perfectly.

On the note of the special effects, I recently came across this video about how great the effects in JP1 were and why they still hold up today compared to the crap CGI that is in the newer ones.

• Like 1

Watched Cargo on Netflix.  It was a surprisingly well done zombie movie.  While the budget was probably low to make, the writing and story were very well done.  My wife, older son and I enjoyed it which says a lot because 2 of us are not typical zombie movie/show fans.   

Watched Hustle last night.

Really good movie.  

So many cameo's.  Only one that kind of bothered me was that Kenny Smith didn't play Kenny Smith.  I thought that was a bit odd.  Might as well have just gotten a real actor, although he did pretty good.

Edited by purbeast
  • Like 1

I’m here for as many monster movies as they want to make, as long as the budget is outrageous and the special effects consume 90% of it.  It could just be Godzilla waking up angry on a beach upon realizing some tourists have painted his claws hot pink, then eating a succession of cruise ships in response to this outrage.  I’d watch it.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Might be rom com but Bullock/Tatum movie The Lost City is legitimately funny in a lot of places. Sandy might be 57 but she can still put those movies off. 

3 hours ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Finally saw Everything Everywhere All At Once...

Ho. Lee. ****.

Jealous. My cheapass is waiiting for it to be $5.99 or less to stream. 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 1

Top Gun: Maverick.

Totally worth seeing in theatres. Not necessary to see the original…. but I do think it adds something to the movie experience. Most of the action is in the last 30 minutes. 

And holy cow, the difference in health between Tom Cruise and Val Kilmer.

27 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

Top Gun: Maverick.

Totally worth seeing in theatres. Not necessary to see the original…. but I do think it adds something to the movie experience. Most of the action is in the last 30 minutes. 

And holy cow, the difference in health between Tom Cruise and Val Kilmer.

Throat cancer and several tracheotamies will do that. Read after seeing the movie that his voice was computer generated. That he actually cannot speak anymore or even eat (he'd been reduced to feeding tubes). 😔 

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Throat cancer and several tracheotamies will do that. Read after seeing the movie that his voice was computer generated. That he actually cannot speak anymore or even eat (he'd been reduced to feeding tubes). 😔 

My wife and I watched his documentary ‘Val’ right after. Perhaps something changed in his health/condition between his documentary and the filming of Top Gun? He just had to use his device - which is visible and used in the movie - in order to do so. 

And I had a patient of mine say repeat your thoughts too. Now I can’t recall specifically, but I thought almost all of Val’s dialogue was typed out on his computer. He may have said 1 sentence verbally before resorting to typing. To the best of my recollection anyways.

Edited by Die Hard