Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

The entire point of PG13 is to be targeted at kids.

Gremlins and Indy's Temple of Doom come to mind as some of the first few PG13 movies. Those are both targeted at 10-12 year old boys (and girls).

Additionally, hardly anything kids themed is made at the PG level (not if they want to make money).

It's either G or PG13. 

Depicable Me and it's sequel/prequel being the only exception that comes to mind, recently. 

i thought Gremlins and Temple of Doom were the last PG movies before they came up with PG13? (and were the specificaly cited reasons WHY PG13 was developed?)   they were much much more scary than ET and raiders of the lost arc, and parents thought that they had been blindsided

Eagerly awaiting Chew's review of Mad Max.

Yo Springlesworth, that joint was incredible!

Loved how there was very little (if any?) Cgi. All stunt men. Didnt stay for the credits, but the stunt section mustve been long. It felt like an authentic blue collar action movie, like how Terminator 1 felt. Very gritty and fast. No time wasted with **** that didn't matter. Just action and more action.

I thought Charlize was cute as HELL with that short haircut. And her piercing blue eyes against her dusty face....gorgeous. it was cool seeing her play a badass, not usually her thing. I felt that she was actually the main character, not Hardy (maybe that's a given, I dunno). I really liked the strength in her character, she was a woman on a mission.

Hardy's presence on screen is so strong, the dude just looks "hard." I wish my voice was as deep as his, I'd say epic **** all day. He didn't say much, but he really didn't need to. It was weird trying to figure out his character. No spoilers so not really much more to say

Nicholas Hount was good too I thought. I like a lot of what he does, haven't seen a movie of his I didn't like. Hount was casted we'll to play that part, it fit him and knocked it out.

Very simple story, the movie was carried by the actors and the action. There wasn't a single scene in the movie that I felt wasn't necessary, the whole thing flowed nicely.

George Miller should get an oscar for this, Max is probably the best action movie I've seen in 5-10 years. I haven't bought a dvd in 10+ years, but I'm gonna buy Mad Max.

The cars were badass, the sound effects we're boner-enducing, and the music was epic. Not that I'm knowledgeable about film making, but there's nothing they could've done to make this.movie any better. I mean good lord, 3 weeks in theaters and it's still rocking a 98% on Rotten? Is there any movie since 2000 that's rated that high?!

A+ with extreme epicness. The movie was beautifully shot. Fury Road is up there with Dark Knight and Gladiator as one of the top 5 action movies of the 21st century

Bram smokers dracula. Been waiting to see this for a minute. 8/10.

I liked some of the visual effects, such as Dracula shadow. The effects are dated but not uncomfortably dated like terrible cgi.

Good story, Gary Oldman gives a very strong performance as dracula.

Keanu reeves was terrible in this movie.

Mad Max: Fury Road

Wow what a ride! It definitely lived up to the hype for me. If I could give my eyes a Christmas present I would wrap up Mad Max and put it under the tree for them. Just an absolute non-stop 2 hour force of action. And really high quality action.

Everything was so stylized and detailed in this world. The armor and clothes, the people, the insane vehicles, everything had character. It was just spectacular. It was so much fun.

There isn't much introduction to the world or characters you pretty much pick up what's going on and the character motivations along the way, which actually works well. It doesn't have tonstop the action to explain or spend really any time on why outrageous cars and white boys or human blood banks exist etc in this world.

Just awesome. Can't wait to see it again. My wife isn't big on action movies and she was blown away by it. Whispered to me she it needed to catch her breath at one point lol

• Like 1

Mad Max: Fury Road

Wow what a ride!

My man. Momma and his old lady are now plugged in.

giphy.gif

Agree with everything you said. 45 seconds in, that joint starts going hard, and it doesn't stop until the credits

Edited by Chew
  • Like 1

I started watching Divergent last night. Stopped when I realized that it was like 2 3/4 hours long and I was tired... had to squeeze GOT in. Maybe I'll come back to it but it started to lose my interest.

Very long movie, takes some time to develop.  Solid flick, nothing spectacular, but solid if you have the time to sit down and watch it all at once.  

Ya Divergent is a cool little flick. Typical teenie bop dystopian joint but it's worth a netflix or HBO watch. And Shaline Woodley...hot! Probably my #1 under 25 joint in Hollywood. Shorty is cute as hell.

Lone Survivor - Mark Wahlberg, Taylor Kitsch

I actually have owned this movie in digital format on Vudu for over a year (came out in 2013).  I watched the first 30 mins, **** happened, forgot about it, etc.  Well, went back and watched it last night.

Very good movie, I give it a B. Action scenes are pretty good, very emotional movie.  It will be in the shadows of American Sniper, rightfully so, cause lets face it, that movie was just ****ing awesome.   But this is a very good movie based on a true story as well.

• Like 1

The Judge.

The dynamic between Downey Jr. and Duvall is incredible.

!!! One of my favorote movies of 2014

The Giver. **** outta here. I know it's a 30 year old book, so it came before divergent. But ill be damned if The Giver Wasn't a complete knockoff of the Divergent movoe, except not nearly as good. Meryl Street and Jeff Bridges are so above this, ugh. Even Alexander Skaarsgard has no business in a **** film like this. Guess work has been slow since true blood went off. There ispotetial potential for what thisOvid could've been, but they royally ****ed it up

It's the future, mankind destroyed earth, and all me.pries erased. Some cornball ass, emo kid is chosen to be the one person in society who gets to "remember" the past. He tries to save everybody. D.

Edited by Chew

Someone just gave me a copy of transylvania 6-5000.

Wow. This movie isnt even a B movie. Its like a C or D movie. But it's hilarious so far.

"Smell the glass.. it's good yah."

Kramer is stealing the show and gold Blum is laughing at the ridiculousness of the movie the whole time.

Edited by sportjunkie07