Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: LaRon Landry is looking quite large

Califan007 The Constipated

Google Laron Landry and click on images. He has not gotten much bigger than the day we drafted him. Anyone, which is to say almost no one, who lifts heavy free weights is going to look much larger/more cut at the end of their workout. A good workout and you can easily add 1-2 inches to your biceps and 2-3 inches to your thighs by the end of the workout for physiological reasons. Obviously that mostly goes away within a few hours but if you just busted your ass in the gym for 1.5 hours or so you're going to look much bigger. When you already look the way Laron does, you end up looking a little monstrous at the end of the workout.

Fine if people want to complain about the achilles issue, and I doubt anyone here is going to agree with me or listen, that's fine. But most people that truly enjoy the gym have a strong dedication to it. Laron is injured and can't run. I've torn my ACL multiple times and can no longer play basketball/football on a regular basis. So you take that energy and desire to be active and instead of spreading out between sports and the gym it all ends up in the gym.

If it is a foregone conclusion that Laron is gone then I am very disappointed that the team has chosen to go that route. I will miss him and I hope that he succeeds elsewhere, and I believe that he will and we will miss him.

How dare LaRon work out and try to get bigger, he should be smoking up and playing video games with Trent and Fred!

Thank you. Anyone else that gets injured and news articles come out that they are working hard in the weight room while injured because they can't run (cough Jarvis Jenkins) everyone celebrates and applauds them for their dedication. But a guy like Laron Landry who is a workout warrior does the same thing and now it's an issue. People want him to what? Sit around and do nothing?

Google Laron Landry and click on images. He has not gotten much bigger than the day we drafted him. Anyone, which is to say almost no one, who lifts heavy free weights is going to look much larger/more cut at the end of their workout. A good workout and you can easily add 1-2 inches to your biceps and 2-3 inches to your thighs by the end of the workout for physiological reasons. Obviously that mostly goes away within a few hours but if you just busted your ass in the gym for 1.5 hours or so you're going to look much bigger. When you already look the way Laron does, you end up looking a little monstrous at the end of the workout.

Fine if people want to complain about the achilles issue, and I doubt anyone here is going to agree with me or listen, that's fine. But most people that truly enjoy the gym have a strong dedication to it. Laron is injured and can't run. I've torn my ACL multiple times and can no longer play basketball/football on a regular basis. So you take that energy and desire to be active and instead of spreading out between sports and the gym it all ends up in the gym.

If it is a foregone conclusion that Laron is gone then I am very disappointed that the team has chosen to go that route. I will miss him and I hope that he succeeds elsewhere, and I believe that he will and we will miss him.

Yeah. I will miss seeing him in street clothes. Bottom line is the dude cant stay healthy. Gomes is ready to roll. Time to let Landry walk.

Quick, let's **** all over one of our own while he's injured or not doing well, but let's bash the team if that player does well elsewhere and pretend we played no part in why that player now resents the area! Sounds more like a play out of an eagles fan playbook. I thought we were supposed to be a classy, knowledgeable fanbase?

Thank you. Anyone else that gets injured and news articles come out that they are working hard in the weight room while injured because they can't run (cough Jarvis Jenkins) everyone celebrates and applauds them for their dedication. But a guy like Laron Landry who is a workout warrior does the same thing and now it's an issue. People want him to what? Sit around and do nothing?

I think people want him to fix the issue he actually has instead of pack on MORE muscle when he already had more than he needs.

He works out his upper body, while JJ is working out to RECOVER from injury. Something LaRon should be doing but he didn't even opt to get the surgery and who knows whether he'll even be able to run come next season.

Quick, let's **** all over one of our own while he's injured or not doing well, but let's bash the team if that player does well elsewhere and pretend we played no part in why that player now resents the area! Sounds more like a play out of an eagles fan playbook. I thought we were supposed to be a classy, knowledgeable fanbase?

Much like Carlos refusing to wear contacts, Laron seems to be refusing to do everything he can to be a better player.

I think the anger is somewhat justified.

Let's not pretend that every fanbase doesn't express frustrations with talented players who can't seem to put it all together. Hell, SF, the team and city that Carlos loves because it is soooo different, has done nothing to hid their vitrol towards Crabtree. But no, the Redskins are the only team like this.

Multiple sources have cited that surgery was the "best" option for LaRon's injury so he would heal faster. For the second year in a row LaRon has decided that surgery is not "his best option". LaRon has missed 15 of the last 23 games that the Redskins have played due to injury. My disappointment is in LaRon and not the team.

Yeah. I will miss seeing him in street clothes. Bottom line is the dude cant stay healthy. Gomes is ready to roll. Time to let Landry walk.

Gomes is hardly ready to roll and he was injured often in limited duty last year as well. If you read my first post, Landry has been the epitome of someone who does stay healthy (or at least plays through anything) throughout his college career and only missed one game through his first 3 years here. His injury has nothing to do with him lifting weights. Which is why I said, if people think he's handling the achilles wrongly or that we should let a talent of his caliber walk without even franchising him for one more year, fine, I disagree but it is your opinion. But if your problem with him is that he's dedicated to working out and being bigger, you have no basis for your argument. It clearly has never affected his play on the field or his range of motion or speed.

I think people want him to fix the issue he actually has instead of pack on MORE muscle when he already had more than he needs.

He works out his upper body, while JJ is working out to RECOVER from injury. Something LaRon should be doing but he didn't even opt to get the surgery and who knows whether he'll even be able to run come next season.

He got the first surgery, but it didn't take. Now that same doctor and the team want him to get a surgery where parts are removed and his range may never be the same, and he'd miss the 2012 season guaranteed, and possibly parts of '13. Yet the fanbase wants to blame him for seeking out alternative solutions? You all need some empathy rather than trying to pretend like you know his situation and what is best for him.

But I guess the platellete therapy and the alternative treatment he is getting now don't qualify as working on recovering from an injury? I guess we aren't considering that JJ's surgery took and that he doesn't require a second one?

And since when does adding muscle mean that he isn't also working on the ankle?

But I get it, a player is injured, people are frustrated, so they turn on the player rather than show some sort of loyalty. Chris Cooley, Phillip Daniels, Santana Moss, Clinton Portis ('06), even Sean Taylor, and many others were all lambasted by the fanbase at one point or another either for injury or for struggling. We expect players to be dedicated and persevere, yet so many have loyalty which does neither when players face any kind of adversity.

I get that we've been bad for a while and that it's easier to assume the worst and be jaded, but then why even be a fan at that point if that's how you feel about it? Where's the fun then?

Wow haters are gonna hate aren't they......

His priorities are mixed up. He needs to be worried about making better angles and staying in coverage. Besides, everyone knows that quads and glut maximus are the football muscles. Where's his quad pics? What good does 24" pythons do you if you're not a rassler?

I like cheering for the guy when he performs well on the field... and I like having interesting characters on the team.... but that size almost comical. Especially when he can't stay healthy with achilles/hamstring issues.

If you think Laron doesn't bust his ass in the weight room on his lower body to I would guarantee you that you are wrong. It's also likely right now that he's not allowed to do a lot of heavy lifting with free weights with his legs (probably has to focus more on machines like leg extensions). Laron Landry is doing everything he thinks is best to RECOVER from HIS injury based on medical opinion and his past offseason recoveries. Jenkins' choice of surgery is about the only option for an ACL. An achilles is much more complicated.

Much like Carlos refusing to wear contacts, Laron seems to be refusing to do everything he can to be a better player.

I think the anger is somewhat justified.

Let's not pretend that every fanbase doesn't express frustrations with talented players who can't seem to put it all together. Hell, SF, the team and city that Carlos loves because it is soooo different, has done nothing to hid their vitrol towards Crabtree. But no, the Redskins are the only team like this.

Yeah, because wearing contracts and getting a surgery that could physically limit your body for life from a doctor who already has 1 failed surgery one you are the same thing.

The anger and the assumptions are not justified.

Nothing in my post suggested we are the only team like this, if you're just going to post about assumptions instead of what I actually say then what's the point in having a conversation with you? The fact other fanbases are like that doesn't make it excusable either.

I will never figure out this site. If this was someone coming out of college and the Redskins drafted him, everyone would be like :

:notworthy:yikes::ladiesman:drooley::drooley:

But becuase he's had injury issues, everyone hates on him for taking care of the body parts he could while he was recovering from an issue with a different body part.

I get that we've been bad for a while and that it's easier to assume the worst and be jaded, but then why even be a fan at that point if that's how you feel about it? Where's the fun then?

From what I've read the bone spurs in his ankle sliced into his achilles throughout the year until he was unable to play. The treatment he's opting for won't do anything about the bone spurs. The team wanted the doctors to go in and shave them down.

Two sides to every story. I'm sure the team isn't 100% right nor is LaRon. What does seem to be the case is that we're going to go in separate ways and people are detaching themselves from a high pick that didn't pan out like we had hoped. It's natural.

www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/post/busy-week-ahead-for-redskins-officials/2012/02/20/gIQAdAwNPR_blog.html

The Redskins believe that Landry has the ability to be one of the most impactful defensive players in the league — if he’s healthy. But he hasn’t been at 100 percent since the 2010 season. Bone spurs in the area of his left heel repeatedly snagged his bad Achilles’ tendon when he ran this past season, and again forced him to miss the second half of the season. Landry in 2010 opted to receive platelet-rich plasma treatments to heal his Achilles’ tendon, and this offseason, rather than having surgery to shave off those bone spurs has continued with another round of alternative medicine treatments. He has yet to be cleared to resume running, but on Monday said he was encouraged by his progress and believes that he can return to full strength in 2012, but the Redskins would hesitate to sign him to a long-term deal until they were sure that was the case.

oh come on, am I really reading multiple responses of "yea adding upper body mass is really gonna help your achilles Laron u idiot". REALLY?

WHY are people so hateful to Laron. He's never done anything that should piss off a fan (unless you're mad about tackle celebrations in which case I say get over it).

Does Laron adding muscle really have anything to do with his achilles? Are you guys doctors/personal trainers? I mean just stop, it's so unjust, the things being said about Laron. I mean you guys think it's a BAD thing that he's a ****ing beast?

With all respect to Phillip Daniels, if it were him, you would all be kissing his ass talking about how cool it is that his arms are bigger than his head. But with Laron, it's a bad thing. You guys make no sense. STOP hating on Laron. It seems he'll be gone soon, I will be bummed, and so will all of you when he's playing like DPOY like he did just a short time ago.

Archived