Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: LaRon Landry is looking quite large

Califan007 The Constipated

I tried to take this serious but you lost me at him being our defensive leader and top 10. I think London Fletcher would like to speak with you.

"He's a defensive leader and one of our best players." "He's top 10 in his position by far" ....

Those statements are true, and ask anyone on the team. Did I say that Landry was the leader of the defense? No. I said he's a defensive leader. I said "A" not "THE". And he's top 10 in his position BY FAR.

I feel like we should stick him on the D-line and just tell him "go get the QB. It's okay if you injure him." I'm pretty sure he would just toss OGs and Cs into the stands.

I feel like we signed Bane. Maybe he can give some of our more hated rivals the Batman special.

I'm pretty sure he'd be driven backwards downfield so far that that they'd name a pancake after him

"He's a defensive leader and one of our best players." "He's top 10 in his position by far" ....

Those statements are true, and ask anyone on the team. Did I say that Landry was the leader of the defense? No. I said he's a defensive leader. I said "A" not "THE". And he's top 10 in his position BY FAR.

Don't you have to be on the field to earn the title of Top 10 in the position? Not mocking you, just saying he had a good run in 2010 and could have been a Top 10 if he had finished the season. He's decent, but the expectations due to his size and draft status make the fanbase at complete opposite ends of the spectrum.

Don't you have to be on the field to earn the title of Top 10 in the position? Not mocking you, just saying he had a good run in 2010 and could have been a Top 10 if he had finished the season. He's decent, but the expectations due to his size and draft status make the fanbase at complete opposite ends of the spectrum.

Agreed. In order to be a leader you have to actually be there all the time. Laron isn't.

Well, if he's a defensive leader of the Redskins, then it's to every other defensive player who isn't' detriment. Each to their own, but I think that's another classic case of this fanbase overrating the worth of our own players.

And whether he's in the top 10 of his position league wide or not, the issue with that is he should be up there with the Troy Polamalu's at the VERY top of the tree with his God given talents at this stage of his career. Not just A N Other starting safety in this league.

If his attitude was as bulked up as, well, his bulk, he most assuredly would be. Sadly, it isn't and very rarely has been.

Hail.

The weed smoker has missed fewer games the last three years than the roid taker. Just sayin ...

So LaRon Landry takes roids? I love how we're all being factual here.

You're right in that Davis has played about 10 games more then Landry but you're missing the actual point. I can clearly point out some things about Landry that people tend to forget around here:

I would put Landry out there on the field week 1 given his tendon will be healed by then over Davis any day of the week. And this just goes to show you exactly how off some of you are around here. If both guys were fresh and you had to pick which one you would have, you'd rather have the guy who's masked his image for 2 things, over sleeping, and getting multiple substance abuse charges. You'd take him over the guy who left his heart on the field, dies for this team, was there through the whole Taylor incident, and was arguably the only guy playing for us in that Seattle playoff game. You'd take sleepy over him? Over the guy who constantly keeps his body in shape and tunes it for the season? Straight twisted.

I take heart and dedication sorry.

No wonder his achilles never heals. It has to support all that on top.

Its kinda sad what he became. Coming in as a rookie' date=' he was 205 lbs running a 4.34 in the 40 dash. And now he's probably 225 running maybe a 4.5. If stayed the same size as a rookie, he would have been one of they most dynamic safeties in the NFL. After Sean died, I feel like Landry wanted to become him so bad and fill the void, he started gaining mass like crazy to be able to punish like Sean did. (Getting trucked by Jacobs also had a part). It drove Landry to become something he's not. Sean could do the things he did because he was one of the most athletic specimen of safeties who was 6'2 225 who could run a 4.4. Stay what you are Landry, you could've been great. Now It's just "LANDRY SMASH" where he wiffs 60% of the time.[/quote']

Landry said that he actually slimmed down to play FS, and then bulked up again for SS.

I think you are confusing heart and dedication with obsession. The obsession he has with building his body.

Which has unfortunately affected his ability to remain on the field.

If your body building has reached a point in which you are reducing your athleticism, then you are no longer helping your career.

So LaRon Landry takes roids? I love how we're all being factual here.

You're right in that Davis has played about 10 games more then Landry but you're missing the actual point. I can clearly point out some things about Landry that people tend to forget around here:

I would put Landry out there on the field week 1 given his tendon will be healed by then over Davis any day of the week. And this just goes to show you exactly how off some of you are around here. If both guys were fresh and you had to pick which one you would have, you'd rather have the guy who's masked his image for 2 things, over sleeping, and getting multiple substance abuse charges. You'd take him over the guy who left his heart on the field, dies for this team, was there through the whole Taylor incident, and was arguably the only guy playing for us in that Seattle playoff game. You'd take sleepy over him? Over the guy who constantly keeps his body in shape and tunes it for the season? Straight twisted.

Yes, I'd take Sleepy over him. When Davis isn't suspended, he's a Pro Bowler. When Laron is healthy, he isn't.

Oh and Laron will never be healthy. His ankle will never be the same. He's always going to have this nagging issue.

Suprisingly, Laron is about 20-30lbs too light to play ILB.

Sounds like a challenge :ols:

its really not as much about the weight as it is about being able to shed blocks and cause disruption, which it looks like he could with that muscle mass. he weighs like 225. Just a thought. haha

what does muscle mass have to do with anything. Vernon Gholston was one of the top "beasts" coming out of college, a workout warrior, we all saw what happened to him in the big leagues. I can go juice up for about 3 months and Id be straight jacked out of my mind, doesn't mean I will be getting past interior lineman. My point is, he excels at sneaking past the outside tackles to get to the QB on disguised blitzes AS A SAFETY! just like Polamalu. He's not going to shed the block of a 320 tackle becuase he has "muscle mass."

hahahaha... Laron may look big in a picture.. but I assure you.. if you are standing in front of Laron and Ryan Kerrigan... kerrigan in gigantic and I'm pretty sure would smash Laron. lol

stand next to Phillip Daniels and Andre Carter, I have, and I was in amazement... ill put it that way

what does muscle mass have to do with anything. Vernon Gholston was one of the top "beasts" coming out of college, a workout warrior, we all saw what happened to him in the big leagues. I can go juice up for about 3 months and Id be straight jacked out of my mind, doesn't mean I will be getting past interior lineman. My point is, he excels at sneaking past the outside tackles to get to the QB on disguised blitzes AS A SAFETY! just like Polamalu. He's not going to shed the block of a 320 tackle becuase he has "muscle mass."

Patrick Willis is certainly great at it being only roughly 15 pounds heavier.

Im not saying it would be great and all, but hey it wouldn't hurt anything to try it out in practices (if they haven't already)

hahahaha... Laron may look big in a picture.. but I assure you.. if you are standing in front of Laron and Ryan Kerrigan... kerrigan in gigantic and I'm pretty sure would smash Laron. lol

True, but he's only like 10-15lbs from Perry Riley and London Fletcher :D

Come on, Laron! You can do it!! You suck in pass coverage anyway

Patrick Willis is certainly great at it being only roughly 15 pounds heavier.

Im not saying it would be great and all, but hey it wouldn't hurt anything to try it out in practices (if they haven't already)

comparing Patrick Willis to Laron Landry!? It has nothing to do with weight, as we've seen with our own London Fletcher. It is a skill that both London and Willis have and thats what makes them great ILB's and to some the may be a miracle of science for their noteably smaller frames. But to hold LL in the same sentence as them two should be as illegal as the 'supplements' that some of these dudes take. Patrick Willis can cover, hit, shed blocks... the same goes for Fletcher. To give you an example, please see what Brandon Jacobs did to LL and then have a look at what London Fletcher did to Brandon Jacobs

Archived