Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: LaRon Landry is looking quite large

Califan007 The Constipated

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22475988/34961902

laron-landry-huge-muscles.jpg

By Ryan Wilson

Safety LaRon Landry played in just eight games in 2011 and nine in 2010, and twice ended those seasons on injured reserve after his left Achilles tendon didn't respond to treatment. His inability to stay on the field probably means that the free agent won't return to the Redskins, the team that drafted him sixth-overall in 2007.

Whatever professional fate awaits the former LSU star, this much is certain: Landry's not sitting around bemoaning his misfortune. He's working out. A lot.

(Twitter)

On Thursday, D.C. Sports Bog's Dan Steinberg posted two photos of Landry, who looks huge. So huge, in fact, that our initial reaction was "When did Landry get his picture taken in front of a funhouse mirror?"

(Judging by his photo stream, he doesn't own many shirts. Then again, look at him. Off-the-rack clothes don't fit.)

This isn't the first time Landry's physique has been a story. In August 2010, Steinberg first mentioned it, that spawned The Official LaRon Landry's muscles are huge" thread on a Redskins message board, and now you, flabby girly man, can attempt his workout too.

Last December, after Landry landed on IR for the second time in as many seasons, head coach Mike Shanahan said “(In 2010), in the first nine games that he played, he should’ve been player of the year — I think he would’ve been defensive player of the year. But he hasn’t been able to stay healthy.”

Landry looks plenty healthy in those photos. Whether that means he's healthy enough to endure an entire NFL season is another matter entirely.

---------- Post added February-23rd-2012 at 04:53 PM ----------

Can anyone think of a more muscle-bound Redskin, ever?
Andre Carter

Lavar Arrington back in the day? Sean Taylor?

I feel for the guy, because he had the tools to be something special.

But based on his inability to stay healthy, I tink the Skins need to move on unless he wants to sign for an incentive-laden deal.

You just can't give him top money with his injury history.

I won't rip the guy for working out like he does; I actually have more of a problem with him celebrating opponents' 20 yard gains more than him getting big, but whatever.

Prior to the achilles injuries in 2010, he had no major injury history though...I think the lockout played a big part in the healing process last off season going into the 2011 season. I do agree that he should stop celebrating opponent's 20yd gains though lol...the workout thing isn't an issue for me, at least he's not turning into a fat ass like haynesworth did smh

HOLLY S**********TTTT!! Apparently he's been benching Cadillac Escalades, that or the roids. WOW if only he could stay healthy. I don't want to lose him though, losing Rogers was a wake up call and i think we should sign him for a year. He's not getting any deals being so injury prone though. The people saying he should leave make me ughhhhh. When he's actually healthy, he CAN BE a game changer. We weren't worried at all when we didn't sign Rogers last year and look how he turned out to be, but i honestly think if he gets another chance with another team it'll come back to haunt us.

And can we stop bringing up the Brandon Jacobs crap? We act like he hasn't made a single big play his whole career.

I still say that they only re-sign him on a 1 year bargain deal. If some team wants him more than that, then I say farewell. This feeling is not based on the fact that this man does't have loads of potential, but the fact that I firmly believe he will never be fully healthy (NFL level) again. I also think his priorities list has winning football games fairly low on the list, but that's a secondary issue.

The comparisons to Carlos Rogers are not very relevant for a couple of reasons. First, this is an injury thing, moreso than an on-field play thing, as was with Carlos. Second, just because Carlos had a solid year, doesn't mean he will go to have a stellar second half of his career. Let's see him even play above average one more season before declaring that the redskins gave up on him too early.

I've said it before. He is on something. Last year he bulked up big time despite having wrist surgery. He should have been out 8+ weeks from lifting anything before starting rehab in Feb/early March and an achillies injury which means no squats, no hip sled, no running (I've been there). You take away an arm and your legs and it is tough to bulk up. And it is even tougher to put on that kind of ripped mass in, what 4 months, without being able to do any real running/cardio due to the achillies (once again, can't work the legs due to the strain on the tendon). It is a tough thing to do. Better living through what they don't sell at GNC.

Seems like about as bad an idea as the rumored hire of Romanowski a couple years ago.

Couldn't agree more, but honestly, after the (non) surgery going against the teams wishes, I think as soon as Shanahan can move him on for good, that will bring down the curtain on LL and this organization for good.

Not many, if ANY, come back from going against Mike Shanahan.

Hail.

The difference is, 1.) 'Dre plays best on the d-line where that kind of muscle helps him.

2.) T.O and Vernon Davis are built, but lean. There's not a whole lot of extra muscle mass. They're strong, powerful guys, but they're lean. In shape without having a lot of unneccessary bulk.

LaRon looks huge. And not just after he works out, but all the friggin' time.

You really think Laron looks that thick or massive when he's on the field? He's very compact for a safety but he doesn't look massive out there or too big. Hell, he doesn't even look anywhere near the size of Fletcher or any of our linebackers. And again, it has not affected any of the things you normally worry about with players getting big - his speed, quickness or range of motion. And he's never torn a muscle which is usually another lifting concern if you overwork one muscle and not its antagonist. I have not seen any negative impact on the field from him being bigger than your average safety.

One question: where are his tattoos on his right upper arm/biseps? Someone photoshopped his head on someone else's body.

Noticed that too. In the pic of him with his shirt off, he clearly has tatoos on his right bicep. In the pic of him holding the dumbell, there are no tatoos. Either the dumbell pic is an old photo, the tatoos in the shirtless photo are temporary, or there's a photoshop pic in there.

Noticed that too. In the pic of him with his shirt off, he clearly has tatoos on his right bicep. In the pic of him holding the dumbell, there are no tatoos. Either the dumbell pic is an old photo, the tatoos in the shirtless photo are temporary, or there's a photoshop pic in there.

It would be ****ing hysterical for a jacked NFL player to have temporary tattoos all over his arm :ols:

I'm pretty sure he'd be driven backwards downfield so far that that they'd name a pancake after him

Yeah, I was joking about him being on the D-line. His arms looked like something out of a comic book in the 1st pic, but as others mentioned it seems to have been shopped.

I don't think these pictures are a big deal in the grand scheme of things. LaRon can mold his body however we need him too. The issue is his heel, not his upper body, we need that fixed before he can resume his job smacking skill players upside the head with the force of a truck.

Archived