Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

President Barack Obama/Vice-President Joe Biden Re-elected to 2nd Term Thread

@DCGoldPants

Obama loses Democratic primary in 15 Oklahoma counties

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/03/07/obama-loses-democratic-primary-in-15-oklahoma-counties/#ixzz1oSwxExD3

With 98 percent of precincts reporting Tuesday, Obama won 57 percent of the vote. Four other candidates combined for 43 percent of the vote, including anti-abortion activist and Operation Rescue founder Randall Terry who received 18 percent of the vote.

According to Democratic Party rules, Terry is eligible for a delegate since he won more than 15 percent of the statewide vote. Terry beat Obama in 12 counties, mostly in western Oklahoma.

That would be Randall Terry of Operation Rescue.

Im filing this one away the next time someone on the left claims that only the right wing runs hateful disgusting pieces of crap and gets support.

This guy will now have a DELEGATE at the Dem convention.

Way to go!

From the above linked article:

Oklahoma earned the nickname "reddest of the red" states after Obama's failed to win a single county in the 2008 presidential race.

Looks like O is making progress.

Operation Rescue founder Randall Terry who received 18 percent of the vote.

The inevitable wiki link for him (as a generalization, he does read more GOPy than demmy):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randall_Terry

OK...where apparently even some of the dems sound like the GOP :pfft:

Kikmer's comment

Im filing this one away the next time someone on the left claims that only the right wing runs hateful disgusting pieces of crap and gets support.

^^^Be sure and note the "only" qualifier bolded in the above. :)

Leave the file drawer open. And let me leave no grass grow before saying: The right wing runs MORE hateful disgusting pieces of crap than anyone and OFTEN gets HUGE support. :D

Huh? :whoknows:

Randall Terry is a member of the "right wing," isn't he?

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/anti-abortion-activist-randall-terry-eyes-presidency-graphic/story?id=12639702

Im filing this one away the next time someone on the left claims that only the right wing runs hateful disgusting pieces of crap and gets support.!

Is that because them Democrats do love them some anti-abortion? Or because Terry ran as a joke, in a state that is proud of voting against Obama, in an election where Obama is running unopposed, and lots of Republicans voted for Terry?

As an analogy, if Steven Colbert gets 15% of the vote in SC, that really doesn't say much about Republicans. (Other than, maybe, "none of the above").

Obama loses Democratic primary in 15 Oklahoma counties

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/03/07/obama-loses-democratic-primary-in-15-oklahoma-counties/#ixzz1oSwxExD3

With 98 percent of precincts reporting Tuesday, Obama won 57 percent of the vote. Four other candidates combined for 43 percent of the vote, including anti-abortion activist and Operation Rescue founder Randall Terry who received 18 percent of the vote.

According to Democratic Party rules, Terry is eligible for a delegate since he won more than 15 percent of the statewide vote. Terry beat Obama in 12 counties, mostly in western Oklahoma.

This guy will now have a DELEGATE at the Dem convention.

Way to go!

The guy has only run for office as a Republican several times BEFORE.

Oklahoma is a closed primary state.

So what you guys are saying is that-

Even though there is an important and hotly divided GOP contest, Repub voters went through the trouble of CHANGING their registration to Dem, JUST so they could vote for Terry?

mmmmkay.

I guess that's easier to swallow then accepting that 18 percent of Dems voting in OK might just be racist anti abortion nut bags.

I guess that's easier to swallow then accepting that 18 percent of Dems voting in OK might just be racist anti abortion nut bags.

I'd be quite willing to accept that, obviously just speaking for myself and acknowledging I'm not a democrat.

But I'd quickly take 18% of my party supporting such igwads any day in any state over the (random guessing) 78% of my "loyal" opposition. Then I'd go to work on that misguided 18% in that standout state if I were them.---if this is all even a real representation of a valid claim (I don't know).

I think that might be a low estimate for the percentage of nut bags in any state, in either party.

Oklahoma is a closed primary state.

So what you guys are saying is that-

Even though there is an important and hotly divided GOP contest, Repub voters went through the trouble of CHANGING their registration to Dem, JUST so they could vote for Terry?

mmmmkay.

I'm not convinced that there are actually any Democrats in Oklahoma. There may be some 80 year old Dixiecrats sitll voting.

But - at the end of the day - I could give a **** less what the Democratic Party in Oklahoma does.

(For the record, I think 95 percent of the voters in Oklahoma are racist, anti-abortion nut bags. I assume there are a few registered Dems thrown in there).

So the video Breitbart had been hyping--the one that the conspiracy theorists said got him killed to prevent its release--came out yesterday. As you would expect, there are very different interpretations about the merits of the video.

Fox analysis http://video.foxnews.com/v/1494661753001/exclusive-unedited-obama-race-video-unveiled

MSNBC analysis http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/46662876#46662876

Basically, it's a rally at the law school where Obama introduces the first black prof in the history of Harvard law, who was then protesting the lack of diversity (racial and gender) at the faculty. Hannity has a different take on what the protest was REALLY about, saying that the lack of diversity thing was a smokescreen and this had more to do with a tenure decision (I'm not clear what that decision was) and in any case this is relevant because that professor is/was radical and controversial. MSNBC essentially says, hey look, Obama was taking a personal risk and standing up for diversity, and he should be applauded for it.

After all they hype, there's not much payoff. Basically it's Rev. Wright part II. Guilt by association (from who he associated with 20 years ago). I predict this thing will have no legs whatsoever outside of Hannity/WND/Rush/etc. It's an easy thing for Obama to spin as a positive and (probably correctly) lump people who criticize him for it in with the birthers as folks who are just looking to manufacture controversy. Just another distraction from the issues that probably does no damage to Obama, or if anything helps him. This guilty by association thing didn't work too well with Rev. Wright, for anyone who wasn't already inclined to hate Obama. I'm not sure why they think anything having to do with this professor would be any more successful

Hannity makes a lot of the line by the presenter that "we tried to hide this during the 2008 campaign." He's laughing as he says it. I'm not sure what the context was, if he was kidding or it related back to something he said earlier or what. I'm not ready to put a lot into that just yet.

It is funny, however, that this video also does away with the birther "how come no one remembers him from law school?" nonsense. It's also interesting to see how effective a public speaker he was even back then.

Basically, it's a rally at the law school where Obama introduces the first black prof in the history of Harvard law, who was then protesting the lack of diversity (racial and gender) at the faculty. Hannity has a different take on what the protest was REALLY about, saying that the lack of diversity thing was a smokescreen and this had more to do with a tenure decision (I'm not clear what that decision was) and in any case this is relevant because that professor is/was radical and controversial. MSNBC essentially says, hey look, Obama was taking a personal risk and standing up for diversity, and he should be applauded for it.

That was the most anti-climatic video in history.

I also like how the "black acist" rally was apparently attended by nothing but white people.

Well..to be fair..this was at the end of the story...that you didn't link.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/153161/Unemployment-February.aspx

The consensus forecast, however, is for no change in the government's unemployment rate. February jobless claims were running at roughly 350,000 during the month, implying a relatively stable unemployment rate. Additionally, Wednesday's ADP report suggesting that private-sector jobs increased by more than 200,000 in February is also somewhat supportive of a stable unemployment rate forecast.

Regardless of what the government reports, Gallup's unemployment and underemployment measures show a substantial deterioration since mid-January. In this context, the increase in unemployment as measured by Gallup may, at least partly, reflect growth in the workforce, as more Americans who had given up looking for work become slightly more optimistic and start looking for work again. So while there may be positive signs, the reality Gallup finds is that more Americans are looking for work now than were doing so just six weeks ago.

When they deleted them making it go down it was good news, and when they added them back in to make it go back up its good news?

I like how thats worked :)

Oh, it's incredibly encouraging. That half a percent of people looking for work again must be the ones that have found that elusive "hope" thing. I'm glad someone has. :)

The Dow is at about 13k. My 401k is way up. My home value is on the rise. I'm pretty hopeful.

Wait. The Dow is made up of corporations. Their success is a horrific tragedy. And please, dear God, don't tell me you own ebil "big oil" stocks...please.

I'm not sure what you're getting at. I'm down with corporations. I work for one. We do good work, and they pay me well. Probably have some big oil in the mutual funds - cool enough, whatever. I also believe in science, a secular government, and that the world is probably not a few thousand years old.

I think Obama's doing a great job and look forward to more of this upward trajectory.

Economy is picking up. Wars are winding down. Don't over think it. :)

P.S. I'm just a middle class dude with a desk job, a wife and 4 kids. If he hates me, he sure has a funny way of showing it. Every time I turn around, he isn't in my business except to extend my payroll tax break. Keep on hate'in!

Archived