Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CSN:Landry elects not to have surgery

DieselPwr44

Well, this makes everything significantly more complicated for the offseason. If his health doesn't improve, not only do we lose a solid safety, we lose any trade value he might have had.

Hopefully, if things don't work out, there are good options out there in FA or the draft that Shanahan likes. I don't think Gomes is quite ready to be the starter.

Am I the only one who doubts Laron would do anything to jeopardize his wallet, health and athletic well being. His health is what pays his bills and he is not ignorant to that. The latest news is he has been advised to have surgery by certain docters. Maybe he had a second opinion to the contrary. Maybe he came back too early this year and the healing process wasn't fully set in. Larons decision to not have surgery doesn't make him attractive to any other team and it most certainly is pissing Shanny off but I feel like if it were major surgery required he would have had it done but I figure he has weighed his options and is going with mother nature on this one.

Despite the man crushes on ES, Landry has turned out to be a way bigger top 10 draft pick bust than Rodgers. Putting the franchise tag on someone who has a chronic Achilles injury that has completely limited him the past season and a half would be insane.

Gotta think the guy is just scared of what the surgery might do to his value and is hoping the offseason will give it time to heal itself, am not worried about this at all, he either proves the Fo wrong and is healthy or kills his own value, I'm sure the Fo will look to keep him around, he has never been a malcontent like Carlos.

Tea leaf?

That was sarcasm. The tea leaf was about a week ago.:)

@TKextremeskins

TK

Dirty update anyone? :)

17 Jan via Twitter for iPad

@TKextremeskins

TK

30 had an alternative procedure. Has not had surgery. Is waiting to see results of procedure. Still may or may not need surgery.

@TKextremeskins

TK

More on 30. Team will have to see where he's at in order to decide on what to do with him. Ex: walk/tag/re-sign etc.

We could only wish he was good enough to win DPOY and elevate our defense enough to win a Championship before falling to pieces.

Yeah we would have been lucky for him to end up having half the overall impact that Sanders did with the Colts. 2x pro bowl, 2x all pro, DPOY. And Sanders was a 2nd round pick, while Landry was #6 overall. Unless he has an amazing turnaround as far as his nagging injuries I would say that's pretty much a bust of a pick. Sucks because when he is healthy and doesn't play stupid he has shown that he can have a major impact in games. Sad.

I'm a coffee & whiskey guy.:)

Let's see...

Coffee: Black

Coffee and Whiskey = Irish Coffee

Griffin = Irish name...

A Black guy with an Irish name...

But then again...

Irish...from Ireland. The church of Ireland has connections to Canterbury. According to Wikipedia, Waterbury and Canterbury are both derived from the same name. Waterbury is the maiden name of L.Ron Hubbard's mother.

Black - L.Ron...

LaRon...

We're keeping him :)

I've figured you out Jumbo. You're like an open book to me :ols:

Archived