Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CSN:Landry elects not to have surgery

DieselPwr44

http://www.csnwashington.com/blog/redskins-talk/post/Landry-elects-not-to-have-surgery?blockID=636784&feedID=10376&awid=6437705446754510494-849

Landry, meanwhile, has been fighting a bad Achilles’ tendon for 16 months and continues to refuse major surgery.

“I haven’t talked to him,” Shanahan said. “I just heard he’s not going to have surgery. That’s his status right now. Hopefully, that heals up and he’s ready go.”

I think Landry went to the Laveranues Coles School of Injury Rehabilitation.

What an idiot....

http://www.csnwashington.com/blog/redskins-talk/post/Landry-elects-not-to-have-surgery?blockID=636784&feedID=10376&awid=6437705446754510494-849

I think Landry went to the Laveranues Coles School of Injury Rehabilitation.

What an idiot....

Hopefully he's also familiar with AJ Smith's school of general management so he's not too surprised by that tag. Do they have many other options? I can't see a lucrative multi-year deal for LL until he proves he'll be dirty30 for 16 strait and onward. I guess severing ties is always on the table, I just hate the idea of losing another one of our first rounders to some BS.

I think he probably just sealed his deal with this coaching staff. Just like McNabb and Haynesworth, there comes a point when you just have to say, it is time to move on, enough is enough, we can't worry about what if, we have to move forward. With this bone head decision, I think this is where the Redskins find themselves.

Yea, I mean, once again, it's way to early to freak out about anything considering the super bowl hasn't even been played. There's still PLENTY of time to make a decision, but that's what I don't get. What is the reason to say no to surgery, when the whole point is that it gets you back to 100%

If he gets it in six weeks, he won't likely be healthy to go by training camp.

I can't fault him for not wanting to get the surgery. It's not easy to recover from. But he should bite the friggin' bullet and just do it already. The longer he puts it off, the harder and longer it's going to take to recover from, and these "alternate procedures" aren't likely to do anything more than that. He may not be ready for the season, or for camp, AND he'd likely get franchised, and from Jsteelz believes, if we franchise him, he won't sign his tender.

Getting the surgery would've almost been a good faith thing. Now? He's hurting his chances of getting a decent deal. At this point, we might just let him go.

Archived