Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CSN:Landry elects not to have surgery

DieselPwr44

Yea, I mean, once again, it's way to early to freak out about anything considering the super bowl hasn't even been played. There's still PLENTY of time to make a decision, but that's what I don't get. What is the reason to say no to surgery, when the whole point is that it gets you back to 100%

That's the thing about having achillies surgery. It doesn't necessarily get you back to 100%.

Kinda like having microfracture surgery.....

That's the thing about having achillies surgery. It doesn't necessarily get you back to 100%.

Kinda like having microfracture surgery.....

Except that not having surgery hasn't worked for him either, as was evidenced this year.

If he wants to leave, fine, so long. I like Laron, but he hasn't been the most productive player for us this year, but I don't think he's refusing surgery because he wants to leave. He can do that in March anyway.

I just don't know what he's expecting teams, or the Skins, to do with him. No one is going to pay top dollar for a guy that's half ready to play half the year because he refuses to do what needs to be done (surgery). Sure he can wait around and get as many alternative procedures he wants, but time is moving on and so are the prime years of his career.

Except that not having surgery hasn't worked for him either, as was evidenced this year.

If he wants to leave, fine, so long. I like Laron, but he hasn't been the most productive player for us this year, but I don't think he's refusing surgery because he wants to leave. He can do that in March anyway.

I just don't know what he's expecting teams, or the Skins, to do with him. No one is going to pay top dollar for a guy that's half ready to play half the year because he refuses to do what needs to be done (surgery). Sure he can wait around and get as many alternative procedures he wants, but time is moving on and so are the prime years of his career.

I agree with you.

Didn't need him at the time. However, Patrick Willis would have fit nicely

Yeah, I hate when people bring up AP. We had no need for him, but I always wonder what would have been had we gotten Willis.

But then again, I love LaRon and wish he would do what it takes to get healthy and be the player we all know/hope he can be. Thinking of how he played the first half of last season is evidence of how he should be playing.

So if LaRon is gone, then Gomes is our guy? Gomes looks like a 12 year old standing next to Landry. Confuses me how they both play the same position.

We need Landry to come back healthy. We have to be able to focus on the offense this offseason and if Landry is gone, then our secondary becomes a huge need cuz it's already not that great.

It's been sixteen months, Laron. Your alternatives seem not to be working. I can understand someone not wanting surgery, but if he wants to continue his football career with any team he needs to address the injury. No team is going to give him a flyer at elite money given his production over the last few years and his injury history.

He can't lift his way out of this.

Fickle ES'ers at it again tsk tsk.

He has his best interests in mind, and Redskins team doctors/trainers have done a good job in keeping many of our players injured this past season.

Aside from the fact we keep him in riches his attitude scarcely deserves, and as such we should have the major say in whether he gets surgery or not whilst he's under contract to us (We should of insisted he had the surgery at the very latest when we IR'd him this year. Many would argue it should have been done long before that. Now we're looking at two season's being more or less a complete write off if we keep him another year); just how in the heck have the 'Redskins team doctors/trainers done a good job in keeping many of our players injured this past season?"

I'm real curious to hear the logic on that one.

Hail.

I doubt it's set in stone but if he wait any longer to have the surgery he will prob be lost for the season.

Oh, his 2012 season is as good as a write off regardless. If he had the surgery today, your looking at 6 months or so before he can start working out. That takes him missing the whole off-season and camp. And even if he came back say half way through 2012, he's going to be nowhere near game shape, as showed with him this past season after missing what everyone else went through and playing catch-up; and he'll be a limited body out there.

Through sheer stubborn and selfishness by not having this done a LONG time back he's cost us and himself of two years of his career.

Hail.

*Edit* There should be some stipulation in the CBA that if a team decrees, under medical advice, you need surgery for the good of your career, you darn well have that surgery or your in serious breech of your contract. Your the teams commodity. You shouldn't be dictating to them what happens.

Landry has been nothing short of a disgrace right through this to the organization, his coaches and teammates, and the fans that keep him in riches he scarcely deserves.

Oh, his 2012 season is as good as a write off regardless. If he had the surgery today, your looking at 6 months or so before he can start working out. That takes him missing the whole off-season and camp. And even if he came back say half way through 2012, he's going to be nowhere near game shape, as showed with him this past season after missing what everyone else went through and playing catch-up; and he'll be a limited body out there.

Through sheer stubborn and selfishness by not having this done a LONG time back he's cost us and himself of two years of his career.

Hail.

Thats what i was thinkg...thought it was something like a 12 month recovery...so what do you do with him?? I would think you cant franchise the guy at this point. Do you sign him and force him to have the surgery?

Thats what i was thinkg...thought it was something like a 12 month recovery...so what do you do with him?? I would think you cant franchise the guy at this point. Do you sign him and force him to have the surgery?

In an ideal World I'd cut his unprofessional ass, but at the end of the day, he's both a young commodity to the Redskins and we're desperate enough as it is at both safety slots; so that won't be happening.

As per my edit above, I honestly don't know what the legal ramifications are as to if you could force him to have the surgery. (Which has a around a 70% success rate of athletes coming back to full health I believe.). He SHOULD be made to have it. He SHOULD of been made to have it months back. But as he hasn't, I guess the Redskins are in limbo there.

Hail.

In an ideal World I'd cut his unprofessional ass, but at the end of the day, he's both a young commodity to the Redskins and we're desperate enough as it is at both safety slots; so that won't be happening.

As per my edit above, I honestly don't know what the legal ramifications are as to if you could force him to have the surgery. (Which has a around a 70% success rate of athletes coming back to full health I believe.). He SHOULD be made to have it. He SHOULD of been made to have it months back. But as he hasn't, I guess the Redskins are in limbo there.

Hail.

I agree 100%....and from the OP (i didn't go back and look at it) pretty sure Mike said he hasn't talked to him or whatever...that kind of shows me maybe Mike is done with him. If he isn't talking to his "Star" SS about a very serious topic like this well maybe he's done here.

I think LL is a good player but the days of a hard hitting safety are numbered if you ask me. Id almost would rather have another LB or DB on the field.

Archived