Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I'm suspicious Gronkowski is a juicer.

The Full Monty

The guy has always been fairly big and strong, but this year he has been explosive and quick as well. Despite not ever flashing anything like this in college or his rookie year.

He just bounces off people. Even going back to the Patriots game against us, at first I was just like, "oh ok, he's a tough player, works hard, etc.", after shedding Ryan Kerrigan like he was a rag doll on his 2nd touchdown against us. I mean, on both TDs against us, the guy doesn't quite catch the ball in stride, he has to stop his momentum a little bit, but even with Kerrigan's best effort, Gronk accelerates to top gear speed and gets to the endzone. Same with the D-Hall whiff play, Gronk has to stop at the sideline and change direction from his route, then BOOM he's zooming off to the races. That's when my suspicions started.

Since then, I've tended to focus on him regularly in Patriots games since I had the Gamerewind package during the regular season.

Yes, he has Tom Brady throwing to him, but if you really think hard on it, and watch him closely, you'll see that this guy has achieved and explosive athleticism combined with freakish strength that was NEVER part of his MO heading into this year. Is anyone else flat out surprised at his productivity?

The guy has one of the greatest seasons of all time as a TE, then in the Broncos game, he is again super productive and explosive out of his breaks, catching multiple TDs in just one half. There was that one play when one Bronco defender, one of the safeties (Quentin Carter?), tried being a jerk and leading with his helmet into Gronk's back and instead was the one who bounced off him in agony.

I realize I have no proof, and it's just off observations. But just think about how much better a season he had this season OUT OF NOWHERE, having a historically successful season and postseason, while displaying speed and power that was never part of his game before.

It's all about the QB. Look at Jimmy Graham. In the beginning of last season, alot of people didn't even know who Jimmy Graham was (including myself). TE's are very athletic and Gronk is what he is. It's very difficult for small corners/safeties to try and tackle a guy who is 6'6 260+lbs above the waist. Look at even Landry when he got trucked trying to tackle Jacobs above the waist. I will even go as far as to say that if Vernon Davis were on the Patriots/Saints for the last 4 years.........he would be an absolute freak. I feel sorry for him being stuck with Alex Smith.

I have a hard time believing that was Kerrigan's best effort...I'm not knocking him, but it was kind of 'meh' and he was badly out of position. Whether he was just trying to show blitz or what it seemed he just turned and ran for grnk who already had the ball at this point.

Anyway, sure, could be. Juicing is big thing, there's undetectable drugs made in little labs or whatever. But Gronk's deal is that he's got great hands. I'm sure every team wishes they could just throw to their tallest, biggest, strongest guy, but those guys usually can't run routes and catch passes.

I'm of the opinion the vast majority of football players are taking drugs, supplements, and chemicals we probably haven't heard of, or have and don't want to hear they are actually on them. It doesn't bother me. I believe most football players are "juicing" in some way, whether its HGH, steroirds, etc..

I would say Gronk is probably on something, nothing more drastic than the average player.

He Played High School Football at the High School that I live near (other than his senior season). You could tell then, he was not like the rest of the kids. I watched him drag 4 or 5 DB's into the endzone from about 10 yards out when he was 16. I don't think he's on steroids.

Interesting!

Honestly, I think half the team must be juicing. Those guys are so much bigger, stronger, and faster than most other players that it is just ridiculous. Then again, it could just be great drafting/talent acquisition and training staff.

Honestly, I think half the team must be juicing. Those guys are so much bigger, stronger, and faster than most other players that it is just ridiculous. Then again, it could just be great drafting/talent acquisition and training staff.

who, the pats? meh. Gronk pretty much stands out as that one un-tackle-able beast in the NFL at the moment; he has to be on some team, and it's the pats. I guess they got big boy Wilfork, but otherwise it's not like their whole team is bigger, faster, an stronger than everyone else. Hernandez is pretty solid but that just shows the pats went high for TEs in the draft for a couple years.

I wouldn't necessarily start to credit their scouting/training just yet. Let's not forget they traded for Haynesworth. Gronk makes up for a lack in WR, and their secondary isn't great. Gronk was good for literally a touchdown per game. I think had he blown his knee out early or something, the pats would have been a little more exposed this year.

:D His big year wasn't that surprising. That's why I drafted him in my fantasy league.

The difference is the QB. NE isn't reciever heavy but they're very balanced with Welker and Hernandez diverting attention. He's a great player on a great team with a great QB. That's how you break records.

• 1 year later...

Who breaks their forearm while blocking for an extra point?

Then reinjures himself again after being declared healthy?

Belichick did offer that Gronkowski wouldn't have been active if he wasn't fit for duty.

"He wouldn't have played if he wasn't," Belichick said, adding medical decisions are left to team physicians.

His body is breaking down the way juicers, or, steroid and PED users, tend to break down. Add Shawne Merriman to that list.

---------- Post added March-19th-2013 at 10:46 AM ----------

This is a ridiculous thread. Seriously.

When PED user Rob Gronkowski goes on IR again I'll just bump it.

Who breaks their forearm while blocking for an extra point?

Then reinjures himself again after being declared healthy?

His body is breaking down the way juicers, or, steroid and PED users, tend to break down. Add Shawne Merriman to that list.

---------- Post added March-19th-2013 at 10:46 AM ----------

When PED user Rob Gronkowski goes on IR again I'll just bump it.

Not sure i disagree

Archived