Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: What has been Shanahan and Allen's best bargain so far?

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I'd add trading away Haynesworth and McNabb as options. I wouldn't choose either, but getting something for players that were cut by their new teams is cutting-off-hand worthy in some countries.

Edit: changed my mind, I would select Albert since both were an addition by subtraction and we got a pick in return. Obviously trading for McNabb eliminates him, but Mike wasn't responsible for Al ever being here.

Great post. Guys on my other board don't want to hear it but the fact is the Redskins had the best offseason I can remember since Bobby Bethard and getting picks for stiffs was big. But not as big as the list, I had to go with Kerrigan but there were several good moves.

For me it's real close between the trade down and the Gaffney trade. He was our top performer this year, but on a losing team that doesnt mean much. And the trade down the jury is still out. Looks great on paper so far, but we'll have to monitor the careers of those players.

Tie between those two, at least right now.

:2cents:

I went for the Carricker move but you could argue everyone of these options legitimately. How good is that? Imagine how few the options would have been had this poll been created when Vinny was in charge.

I went for the Carricker move but you could argue everyone of these options legitimately. How good is that? Imagine how few the options would have been had this poll been created when Vinny was in charge.

I went with Gaffney, the guy had a very productive year. But you are correct G1, every one of the options have been good bargains. I see a similar, if not better offseason this year.

I voted Kerrigan at 16 because I think his career path potential is off the charts and he's got the determination to put in the hard work to be as good as he can be. And we traded DOWN to get him!

But I also really like Carriker. We swapped 5th round picks to get a guy that was 2 years removed from being selected 13th overall and he has played very well for us. I also like the fact that in a recent interview, Carriker himself said "I was basically traded for a ham sandwich." I found that hysterical that he actually quoted a fan-favorite saying about players that is used on here all the time.

All of them were good moves, but I am going to go with trading down in the draft. The reason I pick that over all the others is because it was something that this franchise hasn't done in a long time. I love the fact that we had one heck of a draft this year and can't wait to see how we follow that up.

I'd forgotten that we traded down and still got Kerrigan out of it. Incredible, when you think about it, and it shows how smart teams back away from the flashy, high-first-round picks (where you lose "value") and instead focus on late first round, second, and third round picks.

1st Kerrigan: He and Orakpo are arguably the best bookends in the NFL.

2ndGaffney: He turned out to be a solid productive WR. Reminds me of what Henry Ellard became for us.

3rd Royster: Too early to tell but he looks like he's going to be a solid late draft pickup. He and Helu sharing the load will be awesome the next few years. Refreshing to have a draft that turned out to be awesome overall compared to Vinny drafts.

I'm giddy with excitement at how good this team could be by 2013 with two more successful drafts and a good QB.

Archived