Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

No Fletcher/Redskins on Pro Bowl Roster

Rocky52Mc

According to the official stats on NFL.com, LONDON FLETCHER is currently the #1 Linebacker in the NFL. Where is Brian Urlacher ranked? 29th.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=false&conference=null&statisticPositionCategory=LINEBACKER&season=2011&seasonType=REG&experience=null&tabSeq=1&qualified=true&Submit=Go

-Fletcher has 71 more tackles than Urlacher

-Fletch has 3 forced fumbles, Urlacher has zero

Fletch has 2 int's, Urlacher has 1 more with 3

-Fletcher has 2 sacks, Brian Urlacher has 0.

I am so pissed off right now, it's making me nauseous...

No Redskins deserved to go other than Fletcher

Maybe you could invite Davis...but that's also a reach. You could invite Helu but he didn't play long enough throughout the season to earn a bid.

I have no problems with the Redskins being shunned from the Pro Bowl. When you develop better talent, then you deserve to go, but if the team doesn't really have any talent, it's not wise to force players into the Pro Bowl so "every team gets a chance". Leave that to MLB.

We need a list of contacts to email, this is unacceptable and should be followed up with extensive displeasure to the writers.

Though it probably wouldn't do much good, I agree 100%. WIth all the probowl snubs I've ever seen in my life, this might be the #1 biggest FAIL in my 29 year Redskins as a Redskins fan.

Fletch even snubbed on the snubbed report??

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82577d56/article/pats-hernandez-lions-stafford-among-biggest-pro-bowl-snubs

From another page about teams being snubbed.....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8257a60e/article/same-old-story-for-fletcher-no-nods-for-titans-rams-bills-skins-

linebacker London Fletcher leads the NFL with 163 tackles this season, so it's understandable that he was a bit frustrated to find out that he wasn't selected to the NFC's Pro Bowl squad on Tuesday.

"Don't know if I should be upset or laugh. Obviously it doesn't matter what u do on the field!" Fletcher tweeted.

For Fletcher, it was another in a career full of Pro Bowl snubs; the former St. Louis Rams and Buffalo Bills defender has been among the NFL's tackling leaders every season for the last decade, but has only a couple recent Pro Bowl appearances (and as an alternate at that) to show for it.

------If he ever gets selected again, I think he should not go, fake an injury or something to make a statement. What a ****ing joke this game is.

I agree that London Fletcher should be on that list, How does the guy who leads the NFL in tackles be left off the Pro Bowl and a two guys that are 25th and 38th in the NFL make it. Lance Briggs and Brian Urlacher are not even in the top 10 of the NFC in tackles and they make it over London Fletcher and the other 12 ahead of Briggs and 18 ahead of Urlacher. It truly shows how much of a bias league the NFL is. It also shows how much media plays in the Pro Bowl selections. Patrick Willis made it and he has 60 less tackles than London Fletcher. London is getting the snub again and I guarantee you that when he retires that he will get shunned the first several times because he played for the Washington Redskins. This is a guy that deserves to be playing in Hawaii this year.

No Redskins deserved to go other than Fletcher

Maybe you could invite Davis...but that's also a reach. You could invite Helu but he didn't play long enough throughout the season to earn a bid.

I have no problems with the Redskins being shunned from the Pro Bowl. When you develop better talent, then you deserve to go, but if the team doesn't really have any talent, it's not wise to force players into the Pro Bowl so "every team gets a chance". Leave that to MLB.

I think that Lorenzo Aleander should have been the ST invite, he makes every tackle on one of the top ranked kick coverage teams. Some Chicago Bear named Graham? made it.

Never said it would do any good but I think a fan backlash is deserving and needed.

Oh, I'm with you dude.

I would never pretend to know as much about football as the hardcore guys on here, but I've seen every Redskins game this year and I know what I saw.

I'm not sure if this is or isn't London Fletcher's best statistical season ever, but in my opinion, This is Fletcher's best season EVER as a Redskin. London was ALL OVER THE PLACE this season. He was a straight ball hawk. I swear it felt like he was right int he middle of every play, either making the tackle or right there in the pile.

London Fletcher has MORE tackles (almost double), MORE sacks, and MORE forced fumbles than Brian Urlacher this season. What other individual defensive statistics are there for a linebacker more important than those 3? Maybe interceptions? Urlacher has 3, Fletch has 2...

Urlacher getting in over London this year is an absolute travesty.

What separates Fletcher and Lewis are the profiles they have. Lewis plays on a consistent winner that's a Super Bowl threat more often than not, Fletcher plays on irrelevant teams nobody cares about. That matters. Lewis is a big personality on and off the field, with the pregame dance and the commercials, Fletcher's fiery on gameday, but nobody's sticking a camera in his face every other day. That matters. Low profile guys tend to get overlooked. Fletch played on some pretty good defenses, 7 times his D's were top 10, Lewis had the fortune of playing on top 5 defenses year in and year out. If the Ravens aren't top 5-10 in defense, people start thinking something's wrong. And if you're the constant on a defense with that rep, you're gonna get a lot of the credit. A lot of those guys have come and gone, Ed Reed and Terrell Suggs weren't always there, Peter Boulware and Rod Woodson have come and gone, Ray's always been there. That matters.

In terms of NFL linebacker skill and will and all that, Fletcher is the match of Lewis, IMO. The rest of publicity element slants heavily to Lewis. People just don't know London Fletcher, and if fan voting is gonna be a part of the Pro Bowl, he's always gonna be screwed. I would imagine even knowledgeable football fans would have a hard time picking Fletch out of a lineup, let alone knowing how good his career has been. You play out of the limelight, it makes it tough to get your just due. I think on football merit, Fletcher deserves to be in the HOF right with Ray Lewis, but I doubt it'll happen.

And somebody said it earlier, the lack of Pro Bowls will certainly be held against Fletch by people that are just ignorant to football. There'll be some ignorant sports writer with a HOF vote in some distant city that's gonna point to how few Pro Bowls Fletch has and say "he was never one of the best at his position" and point to the lack of personal accolades. And that would be a shame.

Ray Lewis should also be in jail.

I wasn't trying to be funny. The guy watched his friends kill two people and then committed perjury to get them off. Then said he would talk to the families of the victims and was gonna tell them "what went down. We just took care of things the way we do in the hood. They'll understand." Yeah, he's a great human being who deserves the riches of the NFL.

Ray Lewis should also be in jail.

I always found it weird that he got over that so easily. Now it's like it never even happened.

---------- Post added December-28th-2011 at 10:17 AM ----------

Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to rip the Pro Bowl for being irrelevant and stupid, but then have folks get their panties in a bunch about who did or didn't make it.

I always found it weird that he got over that so easily. Now it's like it never even happened.

It didn't happen. Don't you remember at the Super Bowl when Shannon Sharpe stood up on media day to tell the media to leave Lewis alone, he's innocent. He said the word innocents over and over. The funny thing is, Lewis was never found innocent of anyghing. He pled down to a lesser charge. Meaning he admitted his guilt, just not to murder. So it didn't happen.

Willis over Fletcher???? It's a shame he didnt get chosen, but the probowl is just a popularity contest. I haven' watched that "game" since 2007, and have no plans to watch it even if 18 Redskins were chosen. Waste of time Imo.

Patrick Willis is the best MLB in football. He deserves it over Fletch. But i do agree the Pro Bowl is a popularity contest. And because of that reality, i refuse to get all bent out of shape if my favorite players don't make it. It is what it is...

the pro bowl is just a glorified popularity contest....nothing more.

its a damn shame London didn't get the nod. I hope he doesn't take it too hard, because he really is a hell of a player

What I hate, tho, is that people use it as part of the guideline for the Hall Of Fame. Wasn't one of the detracting arguments for Art Monk was his lack of Pro Bowl appearances?

I agree with others that Willis deserves to be there, but Urlacher is mostly running on reputation at this point. He's still a good player, but he's not the force he was early in his career.

The record isn't an excuse either. Bears aren't much better than the Redskins. The pro bowl will continue to be a joke until they remove the fans from the equation.

The Bears record directly coincides with their two best players going out for the year, in a tough division, no less. What's the Redskins excuse?

Not sure why anyone even cares about the Pro Bowl.

It's a fun game for the players to play in while on vacation. It's not based on the best players for that year, it's based on popularity. It doesn't belong in any football conversation. I don't care how many pro bowls people were in.

In fact, when pro bowls are brought up, I used to humor the person and continue the convo. Now I don't even bother.

I tend to get a bit of the gag reflex when I think about the Pro Bowl.

It's total trash. However, it's easy for us to say that. I think London has shown over the years that he'd appreciate the respect of getting in, and for that, I am sorry for him. Overall, though, I agree - this is the latest indictment of the Pro Bowl as garbage not worthy of any consideration.

---------- Post added December-28th-2011 at 11:52 AM ----------

What I hate, tho, is that people use it as part of the guideline for the Hall Of Fame. Wasn't one of the detracting arguments for Art Monk was his lack of Pro Bowl appearances?

I agree with others that Willis deserves to be there, but Urlacher is mostly running on reputation at this point. He's still a good player, but he's not the force he was early in his career.

It's not very much different from the NBA, where the All-Star game can get filled with players who have been injured all year. Pathetic. Yes you're right about Art Monk - I remember reading the moron Peter King's articles about how James Lofton made it to Pro Bowls, and that is where my gag reflex for the Pro Bowl began.

Archived