Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

No Fletcher/Redskins on Pro Bowl Roster

Rocky52Mc

You know why pro bowls matter? When London Fletcher's HOF candidacy is brought up, the singlemost thing that will prevent him from getting in is his lack of probowls.

Pro bowls aside, his career numbers are comparable to Ray Lewis' across the board

I would figure it would be All Pro teams that would be mentioned way more than PB's... When so many guys back out of playing in the all star game (understanding that the league is trying to prevent this more now it seems) and injury concerns, how much of bearing should it really have on HOF credentials. I can see guys maybe having bonuses tied to one or both designations though.

When we get to the playoffs, you'll see more of our players in the pro bowl. That's the nature of it.
Lions are in the playoffs and they only have Calvin Johnson while the Chiefs and Dolphins each have two players and both teams lost their coaches in the middle of the season.

The Pro Bowl = An "all-star" game where everyone plays half speed and really doesn't do or mean anything.

I really can't remember the last time I've watched it. Most of the time I don't realize it's even on.

Somebody suggested that it should be a partial fan vote (since apparently people only vote for names), with media and peers. I really like that idea. That would be great for the fans (some fans might learn some new names, since they're clearly casual), would probably make people more inclined to watch, and it would be a real honor... like being an all-american.

I might get killed on the board for saying this but...

Fletcher is playing great right now but he can't cheat mother nature forever...

I hope Fletcher decides to sign with New Orleans with his old coach Gregg Williams (DC) and get a realistic chance for a Super Bowl ring...

Redskins are still 3-4 years away from any SB talk realistically...

If you didn't know the probowl was a popularity contest, not an actual gage of quality, you haven't been paying attention.

---------- Post added December-27th-2011 at 11:09 PM ----------

I hope Fletcher decides to sign with New Orleans with his old coach Gregg Williams (DC) and get a realistic chance for a Super Bowl ring...

Yeah, you should probably get killed for this.

Williams has Vilma starting at MLB on his defense. 0 chance he replaces him with Fletcher.

Fletcher already has a SB ring from his days as a Ram.

The Saints play a 4-3. Vilma is a very good MLB. The Saints would have no reason to sign Fletcher. Actually both our division rivals, the Eagles and Giants are arguably in dire need of a MLB, hopefully he stays here.

I agree with your sentiment (Fletch going out with another ring), I just think the Saints were a bad example.

Selfishly though, I want him to stay and eventually retire here...

I would agree if he didn't already have a ring. I think he will be back and wants to end his career as a Skin.

Archived