Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

No Fletcher/Redskins on Pro Bowl Roster

Rocky52Mc

The record isn't an excuse either. Bears aren't much better than the Redskins. The pro bowl will continue to be a joke until they remove the fans from the equation.

It's a game FOR the fans. I think the rosters are about right. Yeah you get some that are there by default (Urlacher) and the only way Fletcher would have made it would have been for him to have monster play-making game(s) on prime-time TV. If you look at the fan voting tallies, Packers have a top-5 vote getter in every position but RB and DE, I believe. Their entire offensive line was voted top-5 and both ILBs are in top-5. Obviously they were SB winning team, so they're fans are out in droves, as well as they also have/had a ton of prime-time games.

As much as skins fans are upset, Fletcher only garnered 209,000 fan votes (compared to 268k for Urlacher and 419k for Willis), so even his own fans didn't feel the need to vote, or else non-skins fans didn't feel he deserved it. Either way, the coaches & players would have more than made up for it if they felt differently.

Wasn't even responding to your post...if I'm a halfwit, I'm not even sure what that makes you if you can't even recognize the username I quoted. You wrote your entry as I was responding to another.

My fault, didn't realize that in that 20 minutes you couldn't formulate a response to both. :handicap:

Fletcher has played more games

Two more... your point?

and is significantly worse in EVERY worthwhile stat except FFs, where it is about equal

Most people who are familiar with football or have played the MLB position would argue that Tackles and FFs are the most worthwhile stats for a MLB. As for the other stats like sacks, fumbles recovered (second tier stats for MLBs), interceptions, and passes defensed (third tier stats for MLBs) I put them all in to show I was trying to be unbiased. I can be biased too though, oh yes. Interceptions are the only stat that isn't reasonably close.

Lewis even has TWICE AS MANY ints as him.

Your math is off, but it's okay because INTs generally aren't a stat that MLBs need to be considered successful.

Your boy Willis? Given his stats now would have 14.86 in 223 games. Man, THAT'S HALF of Ray Lewis. Yet still less than Fletcher. I guess Willis now isn't comparable to Ray Lewis. :whoknows:

But it's moot anyway, stats are hogwash. I guess I didn't make that clear enough in my first post. I only used tackles as an example then because it was on those grounds that fans were arguing LF deserved the Pro Bowl nod.

You're right! Stats are hogwash! You know what else is hogwash?! Admitting you're wrong... am I right? Who likes doing that anyway.

Nevermind that tackles are the MLB's equivalent of a QB's pass yds or a RB's rushing yards, or that FFs are in significance similar to a QB or RB's touchdowns.

I don't understand where you get the cojones getting onto another team's message board completely uninformed. I don't know **** about this Bowman guy, but you won't find me knocking him on some 49ers message board.

:stfu:

Seems that most people in this thread are split between "could care less" and "couldn't care less" about the Pro Bowl.

I'll go with "could care less." I mean, I really don't care about the pro bowl and don't watch it, but I'll admit that I DO notice if a player was voted to the pro bowl and put some stock in it. So, factually, there could be less caring there.

Regardless it's a bummer for Fletcher, as it could actually affect how much $ he makes. I'm sure he could care less about it - a LOT less!

No Orakpo? Kerrigan? Sleepy? FLETCHER, the man that leads the entire league in tackles? No one on the D Line?

It's a joke that Fletcher didn't get in.

I agree that Fletcher not getting in is a joke, but Orakpo didn't deserve to go.

Brian Urlacher - 92 tackles, 3 Interceptions.

That's nothing...

Ray Lewis has missed a bunch of games. He only has 67 tackles, 2 sacks, and 1 int. He's a starter for the AFC.

Unfortunately, most people know the probowl is a joke but this doesn't stop the Pasta/Peter Kings of the world from using the number of pro bowls a player has made to justify their vote/admission into the HOF. London will not make the HOF for that reason.

:(

Lol. It's pretty clear that this MB's criteria for what makes a LB great is tackles. I bet you think Pat Angerer is an elite MLB too? Please.

I think it's hilarious you accuse me of making ignorant statements and what not, then go on to say Willis has been playing poorly this season, and Bowman is better? :ols: Bowman has more tackles, yes, which is apparently the gold-standard for all players on this board. Is he better? LOL, no. Bowman is a great player in his own right, but a lot of his success can be attributed to Patrick Willis. In addition to being an inside force, Patrick Willis possesses such insane outside closing speed that running sweeps or stretch plays is nearly impossible....so coaches design plays to the other side -- Bowman's -- in hopes of better chances. Obviously Bowman has been doing a great job when they test him; if he hadn't, well, then we wouldn't be the best defense in the league, nor have allowed only 1 rushing TD. Both of them are t fast and athletic too, that it makes RB screens, dump-offs, or any other short passes tough for opposing offenses. Those guys mirror their guys too well. Not to mention both are good blitzers, force fumbles, and never miss a tackle.

And that's why Patrick Willis is a perennial Pro-Bowler, the best in the game, and a future hall of famer. You have to game-plan around him. London Fletcher gets more tackles...cool. I think the top tacklers in the NFL now are like Chad Greenway, LF, and Pat Angerer....not exactly elite company. Fletch is great -- sure tackler, smart player -- but isn't someone offenses gameplan around. He doesn't possess the sideline-to-sideline speed of Patrick Willis, nor the playmaking or hitting of Ray Willis. A good player, but not even close to their league. Not even close.

You are completely off your freakin meds if you don't think Fletcher doesn't have sideline to sideline speed on par with Willis. Willis has never cracked 40 Assisted tackles in his career which means he isn't around the ball near as much as you are giving him credit for. Fletcher tops 40+ assisted tackles year in year out including 70 this year which means he's in on every damn play. Fletcher had as many assisted tackles this year as Patrick Willis had individual. I gurantee DCs gameplan for London Fletcher if they don't they're damn fools. Willis is a great player but Fletcher is just as good and has done it 3times longer. Fletcher's numbers this year don't just beat Willis's they dog them. Saying Willis is a future HOF at this point in his career is flat out premature, but I guran"damn"tee London Fletcher is. Oh yeah and he's just as good or better in the 3-4 as he was in the 4-3.

The Bears record directly coincides with their two best players going out for the year, in a tough division, no less. What's the Redskins excuse?

The Redskins played this season without (In no particular order)

Their opening day RB - Tim Hightower

Their opening day LT -Trent Williams (Injury and Suspension)

Their #1 WR - Santana Moss (Missed 8 games?)

Their #1 TE - Chris Cooley

Their #2 TE -Fred Davis (Suspension)

Their Starting LG - Kory Lichtensteiger (Out since Eagles)

Their Starting DE - Jarvis Jenkins (Injured in Preseason, slated to start)

Their Starting SS - Laron Landry (Missed significant time due to his achilles)

Their Starting FS - OJ Atogwe (Missed significant time)

This isnt even close to the complete list. It doesn't even scratch the surface. I am supposed to feel sorry for the Bears because they had a couple players get hurt? We lost 2/3 of our starting offense for the year, and half of our backups have missed time as well. Helu, Hurt, Locklear, Jamaal Brown, Torain, Armstrong, Darryl Young, and Hankerson have all missed significant time as well. On defense we have lost out on starts from Wilson, Gomes, and Barnes as well. But because the Bears lost a QB and a RB they have an excuse for doing badly? We havent been able to keep anyone on the field this year, but that isnt an excuse for the Redskins. Sorry for the rant, but I just cannot stand it when people play the injury card for other teams and ignore ours.

Orakpo being an alternate to the Pro Bowl this year is as confusing as Fletcher not beating out Urlacher, if not more so.

Everyone knows Orakpo was being held back. As for Fletcher, I would take the trip to Hawaii and then get sick the day of the PB and sit in my room soaking in a tub with Mr. Bubble, eating Ben n' Jerrys while watching Soprano re-runs all day. They don't deserve LF's presence or effort.

---------- Post added December-28th-2011 at 03:33 PM ----------

"Don't know if I should be upset or laugh. Obviously it doesn't matter what u do on the field!" Fletcher tweeted.

Everyone knows Orakpo was being held back. As for Fletcher, I would take the trip to Hawaii and then get sick the day of the PB and sit in my room soaking in a tub with Mr. Bubble, eating Ben n' Jerrys while watching Soprano re-runs all day. They don't deserve LF's presence or effort.

I wish London Fletcher wasn't such a character guy so we could actually see that go down

"Don't know if I should be upset or laugh. Obviously it doesn't matter what u do on the field!" Fletcher tweeted.

Hopefully he chose to laugh, but damn, obviously bothered him enough to tweet about it. It's a shame. I mean **** they give you the stats when you're voting!

you 49ers fans need to realize something.. is willis the best LB in the game. id say so. he's awesome. he's a force on the field, has very few weaknesses and has some really great closing speed and playmaking ability. i like him as a player.

however, he hasnt played football in a month and his stats just arent as good fletcher's. we're talking about production this year.. and london is tops at the ILB position.

Hopefully he chose to laugh, but damn, obviously bothered him enough to tweet about it. It's a shame. I mean **** they give you the stats when you're voting!

Seriously....what are people thinking when they vote? Both fans and coaches/players just see "Brian Urlacher" and probably bubbled the circle next to his name by default...sad...

Seriously....what are people thinking when they vote? Both fans and coaches/players just see "Brian Urlacher" and probably bubbled the circle next to his name by default...sad...

Players don't care. They simply want to get it over with to get on with their day. Its probably done at the end of the day so the sooner they finish, the sooner they go home.

Fans just vote for their favorite players. I mean, how many fans here voted for Brian Orakpo even though there are many who are clearly better.

Patrick Willis is the best MLB in football. He deserves it over Fletch. But i do agree the Pro Bowl is a popularity contest. And because of that reality, i refuse to get all bent out of shape if my favorite players don't make it. It is what it is...

No sorry Authentic you are out of your mind to say Willis is the best MLB in football based on this season ..... to be the best MLB in football you have to play the game and Willis has played one full season in the last 3, you have to be around the ball make the tackles, be in on the assists, and he has not been

Willis's production has also diminished each year - year on year ... Willis may have deserved it (the pro bowl nod) last year or maybe in 2009 over Fletcher but not this year and IF you are going to play that game - ah well a guy deserves to get in on former credit - then stack up Willis career as a highly touted and rewarded 1st round pick compared to Fletcher with his SB ring and years upon years of consistent top tier play on defenses which rank in the upper ranking of the NFL despite being in his third team with umpteenth different scheme and coordinators and being an undrafted FA then I think I know who should make the probowl based on past credit ...

I know homer gets thrown around a lot when people want to say people have little football knowledge and often gets tagged to people (who heaven forbid) might want to praise a redskins player on a redskins message board but as someone who has been able to watch a number of games I have to say Fletcher has as much of an impact on our D and there is a lot of talent in this front 7- than any single player in any of the top 10 defenses in the league . And I know people are going to throw Ware and Babin etc, but they guys who have increadable individual performances but Fletcher is everywhere , his football IQ and instinct seem to be off the hook and he has shown no signs of slowing down .

Put Willis on the Skins D and is he going to the probowl with the way he has played this season? More importantly would he be deserving of the nod over a player like Fletcher , (assuming he played on the same relative levels say on the 49ers and played the well he did this season)would 9ers fans still be saying Willis should be going to the probowl - and the endorsements and career validation that comes with it ? -I doubt it .

We as a fan base should be ashamed we did not stuff the ballots to ensure LF got deserved shot at the PB, if only because the lack of PB selections, i guarantee will be the reason Fletcher will never make the HoF, King etc will call him a compiler and will not have signature plays to pick out - which is BS . Do we really need a team lead stack the vote campaign as we did a few years ago when following the public vote something like 8 (or 13) categories had Skins players either topping the category on a loosing team ?

Orakpo being an alternate to the Pro Bowl this year is as confusing as Fletcher not beating out Urlacher, if not more so.

Orakpo was top ten in the NFL in pressures most of the year. It's not that off the wall considering Clay Matthews got a nomination...

---------- Post added December-28th-2011 at 08:37 PM ----------

Willis wasn't even the best ILB on his own team this year, much less the best ILB in the NFC. It's a straight up popularity contest designed to get the "names" of the sport on the same field to try and get some poor sap to watch the game, not a true honor.

At least Schefter gave a little shout out on ESPN about how Fletch was snubbed. It was part of a segment of snubs, and people act like this happens all the time, but considering the numbers alone, this could be the biggest snub of all time. You can't make sense of it.

Archived