Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

No Fletcher/Redskins on Pro Bowl Roster

Rocky52Mc

Take is for what it is folks. For me, it's the nail in the coffin, the Pro Bowl is officially as much as a joke as the NBA allstar game. Worse, actually. In a league where hard work is encouraged/rewarded with playing time, it seems the pro bowl is just a popularity contest, and that's not even a cliche. One would THINK London Fletcher is pretty popular though. EVERY GAME we play, one of the commentators takes time to mention how amazing Fletch his, how long he's been doing it, and generally praising him. They usually say something like "he should be in Honolulu this year" too.

And ESPECIALLY for London, who wants to stay on this team, and always has through the (nothing but) rough times. A player that good who's not getting rewarded with playoff victories or championships (with the skins), the least he could get is a nod to the freaking pro bowl. He's the best ILB, period. Stats wise, his heart, high motor, instincts (creating that INT for Otagwe), everything. Leadership...he's the PERFECT player. If he's not representing the NFC as one of the best players, then clearly they're not really trying to get the 'best players'.

So **** the pro bowl. London will be showered with every award you can think of from his family in DC.

You gotta love in that video that Fletcher is actually one of the only guys on the field attempting to do something other then Darnell Dockett who completely screws up.

That clip was a pretty bad example as it was under 45 sec left in the game with no chance for AFC to come back. Obviously the players weren't gonna do anything that would potentially injure them in that situation. Now granted it may be a watered down game, but at least show a clip while the game is still within reach. The other poster who showed ST's hit in the game blew this one out of the water.

Not only is this a complete travesty, it's obvious that the Pro Bowl is nothing more than a joke! Even "fans" that dislike the Skins cannot ignore how Fletcher brings it EVERY game and EVERY play!! The sad part is, the Pro Bowl is obviously about names and EVERYONE knows who London Fletcher is!

Not sure why anyone even cares about the Pro Bowl.

It's a fun game for the players to play in while on vacation. It's not based on the best players for that year, it's based on popularity. It doesn't belong in any football conversation. I don't care how many pro bowls people were in.

In fact, when pro bowls are brought up, I used to humor the person and continue the convo. Now I don't even bother.

It's retarded. Urlacher is not the player he once was, while London just keeps going and going. Total snub there. Hell, this season, I'd take London over Patrick Willis, since Bowman has been the better linebacker.

The pro bowl's a joke.

Not sure why anyone even cares about the Pro Bowl.

It's a fun game for the players to play in while on vacation. It's not based on the best players for that year, it's based on popularity. It doesn't belong in any football conversation. I don't care how many pro bowls people were in.

In fact, when pro bowls are brought up, I used to humor the person and continue the convo. Now I don't even bother.

You know why pro bowls matter? When London Fletcher's HOF candidacy is brought up, the singlemost thing that will prevent him from getting in is his lack of probowls.

Pro bowls aside, his career numbers are comparable to Ray Lewis' across the board

You know why pro bowls matter? When London Fletcher's HOF candidacy is brought up, the singlemost thing that will prevent him from getting in is his lack of probowls.

Pro bowls aside, his career numbers are comparable to Ray Lewis' across the board

This is really the thing that is amazing to me. Fletcher is comparible to Ray Lewis in terms of career numbers. He blows out anyone else in the league right now. I actually got into an argument about this at work, and was laughed at for comparing the two. I went and wrote down the statistics for Lewis and Fletcher for their entire careers year by year, and said "if there is such a huge difference between the two then you should be able to tell me which one is which." Needless to say, they couldnt tell them apart statistically at all.

Pro-Bowl is good for a laugh I guess. London is such a high class guy but if someone gets hurt or pulls out and they call him up and ask if he can fill in he should tell them where to stick that invitation.

I don't care about the game or watch it but it just frustrates me to see a guy that does so much for the team and just dominates week in and week out get disrespected yet again. He deserves a lot more than that. I realize a bunch of ditzy fans are going vote for a big name like Urlacher no matter what he does or doesn't do, but I expect a lot more from players/coaches and supposed journalists that "study" the game.

The NFL builds it rules around keeping the big name players healthy at all costs, not surprised their "all-star" game is weighted to get the most ratings and not necessarily honor the best players at each position.

Archived