Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

No Fletcher/Redskins on Pro Bowl Roster

Rocky52Mc

The sad thing is, that only a third of the votes come from fans, who can be biased or un-informed. The other two-thirds come from the coaches and the players themselves.

I think that it is shameful that he has been left out (and don't give me no first alternate crap). I will not be watching the Pro Bowl this year.

I know London seems to care about making the Pro Bowl for some reason, but honestly the Pro Bowl roster selection is a joke. Considering how good he's played this past year, he easily should have made it.

I can understand wanting to be recognized for one's work. Particularly in his case, where he's been overlooked his entire career. In a given year, I bet it probably wouldn't mean as much to him, but it's each and every year almost. Even when he does make it, he's gotta be the 2nd or 3rd alternate. Fan voting is only part of it, so basically players and coaches who's respect he legitimately might want aren't necessarily picking up the slack.

I can understand wanting to be recognized for one's work. Particularly in his case, where he's been overlooked his entire career. In a given year, I bet it probably wouldn't mean as much to him, but it's each and every year almost. Even when he does make it, he's gotta be the 2nd or 3rd alternate. Fan voting is only part of it, so basically players and coaches who's respect he legitimately might want aren't necessarily picking up the slack.

Yeah that's a fair point, but he's got to realize that making the Pro Bowl roster often comes down to popularity and name recognition. I know players and coaches make up a significant portion of the vote, but if they're largely split between him and say Urlacher, it'll be decided by the fan vote. And fans will vote based on name recognition and team record. There's simply too many teams out there for fans to follow (especially for defensive players), and the teams with the losing records usually aren't talked about/highlighted on ESPN. If I were London, I'd be more concerned about All-Pro votes, as that should be a more accurate reflection of how well he's played this year.

Archived