Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"The Redskins are better than you think" Colin Cowherd says

Highway66

And i think most people hate him on here b/c he speaks the truth....idk i like him

This is bunk. He says what he says for ratings and shock value and nothing more. He might know something about sports, but he doesn't speak the truth. He speaks what his audience doesn't want to hear so he can argue about it.

But as for his Skins talk.......i think its an act. His co-host is a Jets fan, I think he is pumping the skins up cuz we play the jets and he wants to get that chick riled up....nothing more, nothing less. I know he is a Jet-hater so he is just trying to stir the pot and it just so happens it comes across as he is making the skins look good for once. I wouldnt read into it but since the thread is here i figured i'd chime in. From what i recalled Cowterd is a Pats fan but has rooting interest in Seattle. I dont remember him saying he was a Cowboys fan but maybe i missed that show.

This is what I was going to say. Michelle Beadle (rowr) is a Jets fan and he wants to get her riled up every chance he gets. He's a quasi Dallass-Patriots fan, whoever is on top at the time.

He pisses everybody off at times and he gets great ratings. He's by far the best in the biz.

<edited to comply with forum rules> of the big market teams and traditional NCAA powers while stepping on the little guy is how you win in the national talk radio game. Colin makes no apologies about it.

No reflection on the quoted poster (who has a fine "track record" on ES), but as a reminder of rule 13 and a specific prompt from this excerpt of a 2009 sticky thread we have run frequently over the last two and a half years ;)

Posters using sadly popular phrases like “on/off his nutsack”, "jock sniffer", or “slobbing his knob”, or any too-close variations on these stunningly stupid comments will be banned for one week (the first time).

The entire active moderating staff will be enforcing this policy. There will be no appeals or debate with this matter. Independent of any such user’s affection for homoerotic images (which is their business) we have forum rules that these phrases violate, just as if someone were to post "dude, you need to cease lowering your anal orifice onto his male member", they likely would be banned for basically saying the same thing.

The fact these popular phrases may currently be the ultimate puerile, derailing, pointless, brain-dead offering possible to make in a discussion, is also noted.

In closing, if anyone feels this really inhibits their ability to effectively or completely express themselves in a discussion, or that this lessens their enjoyment or respect for posting on ES in any way, please do us a favor and feel free to go elsewhere.

The Mods.

It's hard to not be able to be stupidly juvenile anytime anywhere just because some evil force inflicts restraints upon us. :(

I know it messes up my plans every day. :D

No reflection on the quoted poster (who has a fine "track record" on ES), but as a reminder of rule 13 and a specific prompt from this excerpt of a 2009 sticky thread we have run frequently over the last two and a half years ;)

Sorry about that Jumbo. I won't let it happen again. ;)

I stopped listening to his show in 2007 when he dogged Sean Taylor. He is a Turd and don't care what he says, good or bad, about the Redskins. I refuse to add to the ratings of his pathetic show. Half the things he says he doesn't believe himself. He is just doing it to increase ratings.

I think most of you es'rs hate him because he's the only national radio show that talks about the skins and how horrible we have been forever....sorry he speaks the truth Colin Cowherd is the ****ing man.

Nope. Most hate him, as I do, because of his comments about Sean Taylor's death and other ridiculously vile things he says. There's a lot of land between criticism and cynical hatred done up for ratings.

I think most of you es'rs hate him because he's the only national radio show that talks about the skins and how horrible we have been forever....sorry he speaks the truth Colin Cowherd is the ****ing man.

This theme I see repeatedly about the "only reason" many people impugn certain media figures for being consistently (usually in a gratuitously sensationalist sense) stupid is because "they tell the truth" is one of the most moronic schools of "thought" on the site.

"Hating them cuz they tell the truth" is an explanation only stupid people would really think applies to more than a very, very few. People can have different opinions of any sports commentator's worth, and many may have no more taste or good judgment in that matter than they exhibit in many others, but that particular form of retarded spittle offered as a counter-point is worn and tired.

Not gonna give my opinion on Cowherd. Last time I did I got the only ban I've ever had in my 17 years on the internet. So infer from that what I think of the guy.

:ols:

I can verfiy the Darc's opinion was sufficiently "colorful" that it broke two forum rules in egregious fashion and did result in a temp vacation. :D

Excellent show of restraint this time, Darc, since apparently it's hard for you to express yourself safely on this matter. :ols:

Dude, if you think Herd is the only one to be bashing us because we've been bad for a long time, I think you need to listen more. Everyone does, and often rightfully so. My main beef with a lot of them is when they say stupid things like this off season that we didn't sign any good players and that our locker room was destroyed by Shanny because he traded McNabb.

I think what people will find with Sports Talk radio is that they largely go the easiest/majority rules/un-researched route when it comes to covering sports teams as a whole.

Lets face it, with the exception of 2005 & 2007, the 'Skins have been mediocre for well over a decade. So unless a team jumps out and does something in a big way to change that, they will be covered as that same losing team.

When the 'Skins were 3-1, plenty of sports media jumped on the short-term bandwagon and put way more importance on a September record then probably should have been given. Some media were more measured in their praise, while others said "too soon, slow down, we've seen this pattent"

Well, it's December, and the 'Skins are 4-7.

Archived