Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Did Anyone Watch The American Music Awards?

DM72

I didn't watch it...but I've lost interest in current music. It seems like it's more about the artist and less about the art. And this is coming from someone who is NOT big into music as it is. I never thought I'd write or say something as pompous as that. The majority of the famous musicians these days are more image-focused. It's the mold of Britney Spears from the late-1990s. Take a cute girl who looks the part and can hold her own singing and turn her into a star. It works because the girls want to be just like her and the guys want to knock the bottom out of her.

Pretty much all music today is crap anyways. All of the songs sound the same. Every "rock" band sounds the same and pop music im pretty sure is the same computerized beat crap. The music world needs some real rock stars to come in and just F everything up. I mean some drug addicted booze swelling rock stars. None of these pretty boys like that are out there today.

Bieber is normally the whipping boy for everyone who craps on "Today's music," but I think Nikki Minaj is the worst out of all of them. She's annoying, her voice is annoying, the way she looks is annoying, with all the cotton candy she puts on her head and 8 jars of makeup she puts on her face, and her music is terrible.

Bieber is normally the whipping boy for everyone who craps on "Today's music," but I think Nikki Minaj is the worst out of all of them. She's annoying, her voice is annoying, the way she looks is annoying, with all the cotton candy she puts on her head and 8 jars of makeup she puts on her face, and her music is terrible.

I agree, but Bieber is really bad. Like Taylor Swift, they're trying to make him into this phenom. Young Michael Jackson, he is not. Also, like Minaj, he comes across as a fake. And everything you said about Minaj is true. She actually looks good, but you can't see it because of all that crap she's wearing.

Seriously, watching most of these guys perform reminds me of the old air guitar shows we had in H.S.

I unfortunately watched the last hour.

Of course, all I needed to know about how useless this awards show is, was to see that Linkin Park won this year for alternative rock artist.

:doh:

The Black Keys

Gotye

Linkin Park

... For alternative rock award. Rock, in all its forms, seems to have lost its popularity. There are so few scraps to choose from that they just tossed what they could find into the alternative category, which I think was the only rock award of any kind.

---------- Post added November-19th-2012 at 06:08 PM ----------

. And as for Chris Brown? He can try, but he will NEVER be Michael Jackson.

you must not be familiar with some of Chris Breezy's work to make such a comparison.

Not all music sucks. Pop music, which Hip Hop has a pop segment now, is targeted based on popular demand and money. They sound like mostly club hits, which I wouldn't be looking for substance in anyway.

Having said that, that's just the music we get force fed on the radio and blasted in stadiums. Hip Hop is international now and indie groups are coming up from everywhere like cults. There's plenty of great music out there if you take the time to look for it coming out now. Shoot, some of these 'billboard hits' every once in a while are pretty cool, so you are kinda a hater if you say they ALL suck. A lot of great songs that will never get radio play. Not sure how much that has changed over the years, but the money being made sure has.

Note: I keep saying this, a lot of the more thought-provoking hip hop from these artists we see every day never makes it to the radio, BET, whatever (but some do). Just go thru some of lil waynes mixtapes, he IS talented

A song me and my old warehouse co-workers like:

Also: Linkin Park ceased being relevant to me when they gave up on being a hip-hop/rock mixture. There's more then enough crappy alternative rock groups out there, why the hell did they believe there needed to be another one. :doh:

This. I can't stand her man. Then they had the nerve to make her a judge on American Idol. Who the heck decided that SHE is someone who can judge talent? I don't watch it anymore, but I really won't watch it now...

As far as Bieber goes, I think he is okay. I just think he is being pumped too much by corporations and whatnot. I can't blame them though, the girls love him. Might as well stack that paper. :whoknows:

I only listen to Christian Rap now. I am not going to lie, when I first started it was lame, but now I will put any of them bar-for-bar, and beat-for-beat, with any other rapper out there.

I didn't watch but saw the headlines on my phone about Bieber. He doesn't bother me. I don't know any of his songs ( I have heard some). I just like that he seems to own it.

You are a star, own it. I saw some interviews with him over the years and he owned it...it was refreshing. All of these folks that come out and act so demure...give me a break. That phony stuff is for the phony people.

He has obviously marketed himself well and from what I understand was an internet sensation before becoming a worldwide star...that kid works hard and deserves his accolades.

EDIT: And Minaj is terrible from the performances I have seen from her and she looks absurd. I know a guy that dates a girl that looks very similar to her. Absurd.

What a bunch of old farts in here whining about how today's music sucks. "Today's music sucks" is an argument that has only been made by EVERY generation since music's been made.

Except auto-tune has allowed no talent ass clowns or middling talent ass clowns to become famous.

That technology didn't exist a generation ago.

---------- Post added November-20th-2012 at 07:24 AM ----------

Now, can anyone tell me what the **** Bieber's pants were? Or why he was wearing a girls shirt? Or why he looked like Dark Helmet in that oversized hat? Or why he still looks like the prototypical lesbian? Albeit, not a smart one judging by his reaction to be kissed by Jenny McCarthy.

bieber-mccarthy.jpg

Except auto-tune has allowed no talent ass clowns or middling talent ass clowns to become famous.

That technology didn't exist a generation ago.

A generation ago, studios had 16 track recording units that could overdub out the wazoo so that the guy who played Starsky (or Hutch?) could "sing" a hit record.

Add in Lady Gaga. She actually doesn't look too bad without all the crap she puts on.

A generation ago, studios had 16 track recording units that could overdub out the wazoo so that the guy who played Starsky (or Hutch?) could "sing" a hit record.

Did he have multiple hit records like the douches at the AMA on Sunday night?

The people who had overdubbed hit records were usually flash in the pan, one-off records that they could never strike gold again. The industry insured that the real talent eventually won out in the end.

I'm not that industry still does.

Did he have multiple hit records like the douches at the AMA on Sunday night?

The people who had overdubbed hit records were usually flash in the pan, one-off records that they could never strike gold again. The industry insured that the real talent eventually won out in the end.

I'm not that industry still does.

You're kidding yourself. For every 70's classic I could counter with a "Me and You and a Dog Named Boo." Same with the 80s and 90s. Nostalgia warps perspective.

Archived