Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

No Kudos for Grossman's presser

Leonard Washington

Rex had two weeks to gameplan, study film and watch tendencies and notice weaknesses in a defense that everyone else had been explointing... and THIS is the game he comes up with? Inexcusable. They were bad interceptions. Bad decisions.

Yeah, I'm officially off the Rex Boat now...

If this is the time of game that we're going to be expecting from him, then put Beck out there.

He played poorly..... But it happeneds. Even the great qb's throw int's, its part of the game. A couple weeks ago Brady threw a 4 pick game, and today Breese threw 3 picks. I am glade he is taking blame for them. Some times the ball dosent bounce your way, and it didnt today for Rex. But he owned up to them, even if they were not all his fault, so good for him!!

- Yes, the first pick thrown today hit Davis in the helmet..... Make the play dude, dont watch it bounce off your face. The 3rd pick looked like Davis ran the wrong route, and if Davis said he takes responciblity for it, then im sure he did run it wrong...... Davis did make some great plays today, but he even said it, 2 of those are on him!!!

those are two championship quarterbacks and don't deserve to be in the same sentence as grossman.

seriously? what is wrong with you people?

interceptions happen?

every qb has a 4 interception game, it's no big deal.

what in the hell are you talking about?!

saying **** happens may work for one bad game, but 70% of this season has been **** happens from grossman and there's no aw shucks about that.

I don't get the venom I'm reading here. Rex is a good guy and a lousy quarterback. I don't doubt for a second that he's giving us his very best effort and wants nothing more than to help this team win. There have been too many prima donnas here over the years who didn't try hard and just wanted a paycheck. I'm impressed a lot by Rex's presser. He cares, and you have to respect that, at least.

All that doesn't mean that he has the ability necessary to be an effective starting quarterback. His best effort isn't good enough

I don't understand why he makes some of the downright awful decisions he makes but you could tell that he did care and that he was trying his best. It's hard to be mad at him and intentionally mean spirited about the situation. He did get a chance to redeem himself . I sincerely hope John Beck can be consistent and keep the turnovers down.

Im sure Grossman is a cool guy off the field... really have no idea. But after that performance today - and to a large extent most of the play to this point this season I would have to say he isn't a starter in the league. I know many had said as much but I felt that he had potential and just needed the opportunity... well I think we have all had our fill of Sexy Rexy. Don't really think Beck is the answer either... So the only QB controversy is the fact that these are the two QBs we have to pick from. Unfortunately the most important position on any team is not a position we have any quality at. Just imagine what this team could be with a top 10 QB. I see our Defense keep us in games and then watch our offense lose it for us primarily due to poor quarterback play.

Im sure Grossman feels awful.. Put yourself in his shoes... how would you feel if you failed as miserably has he did in the company you work for? Im sure he is embarrassed... pissed.. disappointed... Ill give it to him for stepping up and taking it like a man... but in the end he isn't starter material. Is Beck? Probably not... What do we do now? Try to win with what we have I guess.... unfortunately we don't have much.

I'm not giving him kudos for anything. This is just a thread to garner that "INT Machine" some sympathy.

---------- Post added October-16th-2011 at 08:52 PM ----------

Breaking news shanny says Rex will start next week

---------- Post added October-16th-2011 at 08:46 PM ----------

just kidding i would shoot myself if that were true

Well then we better hide the guns from you because I wouldn't be the least suprised if Grossman was still the starter come next week.

Grossman HAS no leadership or gamesmanship.

He's had every opportunity to succeed here and he's simply cowered and regressed.

Todd Collins showed more ambition back in '07 than Grossman has in going on two season now.

He pointed out Davis to the press talking about the first pick like the loser he is.

"Yeah, you're right Rex, how about the three other pepinos you threw *******?"

If he had any leadership he'd fall hard on his sword with the full weight of his extra husky frame. Thud!

See you Rex, thanks for absolutely nothing.

Grossman HAS no leadership or gamesmanship.

He's had every opportunity to succeed here and he's simply cowered and regressed.

Todd Collins showed more ambition back in '07 than Grossman has in going on two season now.

He pointed out Davis to the press talking about the first pick like the loser he is.

"Yeah, you're right Rex, how about the three other pepinos you threw *******?"

If he had any leadership he'd fall hard on his sword with the full weight of his extra husky frame. Thud!

See you Rex, thanks for absolutely nothing.

So true. He couldn't even come to camp in shape.

Breaking news shanny says Rex will start next week

---------- Post added October-16th-2011 at 08:46 PM ----------

just kidding i would shoot myself if that were true

RIP then... I think it was reported during the game that Grossman was only benched for the game and that he was still going to be the starter. I am pretty sure I heard that.. but then who knows I was a little upset by that point.

Hey, McFail just got sacked for a safety! That made me smile a lil.

Rex's body language has been that of someone who's scared, REALLY scared since week 2. It's so easy to see. In his presser he mentioned that he had total confidence in himself; that he felt he could make a big play EVERY play. WHAT??? He panics, on just about every play. Enough. I mean really......just enough. He's gotten worse every game and while a division title is still in reach, let's not let this buffoon play us right out of contention.

We know what he's going to bring to the table from week to week, and frankly how much worse can Beck really be?? I'll take my chances with Beck, tyvm.

So true. He couldn't even come to camp in shape.

How'd you enjoy the game today? :)

I'm actually more optimistic today than after the Rams game.

What really ticks me off about Rex is his "chip on his shoulder" like he isn't a complete joke.

Here's to trading with the Rams for Luck or Bradford.

Since game 1 he has thrown 4 touchdowns and 9 interceptions.

I will not watch another game as long as Rex is the QB, he was just downright terrible. It seemed as if every play he was in all receivers were covered, while when Beck was in they were all open. That tells me he was not seeing the open receivers and made it look hard.

Whats almost as unbelievable as the amount of picks that Gross-Man throws is his inability to throw the ball down the field.... and I thought Mark Brunell had a weak arm. I believe we are the only team without a pass completion over 40 yards this season. Actually our first may have come today on that flea flicker. If it were almost any other QB a couple of those plays would have gone for td's. Its pathetic how this guy consistently floats passes over the middle of the field. He made a scrub look like an all pro today.... I can't even remember the guys name. Grossman is done in this league. Beck looked pretty good out there.

You know if you watched the bronco game last week when Tebow went in. He doesn't have the mechanics, but you can tell there is a hhuuuuuuuuuuuuuuggggggggggggggggeeeeeeeeee difference between him and Orton and the way guys play for him. LEADERS make the guys around him better and put in the work to make sure their guys are on the same page at least most of the time. Wehn you get up in a press conference and represent the team like he is supposed to do. You take all the blame unless it is blatantly someone elses.

The guy oozes cowardice.

Grossman is certainly getting on my nerves but damn, EVERY QB in the league throws jump balls, need receivers to man up and go get them. A lot of those INTs could have been good catches if our receivers weren't meh.

I kind of agree, but a smart quarterback should know what he's working with. I.e., if his receivers suck, then don't throw jump ball lobs.

With our pitiful receiving corps, it is essential that we have a mobile QB that can buy time for his crap receivers to get open, and right now Beck gives us a better shot at that.

RIP then... I think it was reported during the game that Grossman was only benched for the game and that he was still going to be the starter. I am pretty sure I heard that.. but then who knows I was a little upset by that point.

Hey, McFail just got sacked for a safety! That made me smile a lil.

If Grossman starts next week i will lose all my respect for the coaching staff, what little respect i have left. well honestly i respect older shanny but screw kyle and screw hasbeenlett or hasneverlett

If Grossman starts next week then there are some serious issues and the only reason he would start is because Kyle. I think mike hates Rex and i think Kyle and rex shared a room together in Houston.

Grossman is so bad and its not even like this is the game that did it for him. 4 picks in 3 quarters thats pathetic. against the Rams he almost gave the game away. Against Dallas he was not good. Against Arizona he was mediocre at best. and against the Giants he was carried by the defense and the running game

I didn't watch it, but it was critiqued by Sheehan and Galdi as bad, and that Rex DID blame Fred Davis for one of the INTs, which Sheehan said you just don't do that when you are the QB. I didn't watch it but this thread got my attention because the 980 radio people (both guys who preferred Rex in the preseason) thought Rex looked bad. I recorded it so I'll judge for myself. One way or another IMO its irrelevant though to the bottom line. Sheehan said he thinks Rex should have taken more responsibility for the loss, didn't seem like a leader

All of those picks where Grossman's fault. The dude has no feel for pressure, and think he can make every throw like he's Aaron Rogers. He over throws open receivers on short routes and under throws receivers when they beat their men deep. Rex Grossman is pure, dumpter fire, garbage!! I pray to Almighty God that this switch is permanent.

---------- Post added October-16th-2011 at 08:31 PM ----------

Whats almost as unbelievable as the amount of picks that Gross-Man throws is his inability to throw the ball down the field.... and I thought Mark Brunell had a weak arm. I believe we are the only team without a pass completion over 40 yards this season. Actually our first may have come today on that flea flicker. If it were almost any other QB a couple of those plays would have gone for td's. Its pathetic how this guy consistently floats passes over the middle of the field. He made a scrub look like an all pro today.... I can't even remember the guys name. Grossman is done in this league. Beck looked pretty good out there.

...And to think had that deep ball to Gaffney was in stride he would have had a TD. SMH....... We had so many opportunities to win that game.

Archived