Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

No Kudos for Grossman's presser

Leonard Washington

SMH at the press conference. Even if Fred didn't run quite the right route, Rex shouldn't have said anything negative at all.

The first INT, Fred isn't Megatron outjumping two defenders. Bad decision by Rex.

Second and fourth INTs were underthrows. Rex at least took responsibility for INT #2.

Third INT another bad decision throwing into a waiting safety regardless of what Davis was supposed to do.

Dunno about "crossing the defender's face". Unless a more knowledgeable poster says otherwise, I doubt that was the real problem.

Rex: "I believe in myself. Even if the entire stadium doesn't. Coaching staff doesn't..." I think he thinks he's done.

We'll see what Beck can do in real games now. Hope he does well and we start winning. But I think Rex will get another chance if he can get his head straight.

BAH

normally I would have sympathy, especially since I've supported Rex and given him the benefit of the doubt...but that's all folks. What I saw today wasn't just poor QB play it was SELFISH QB play. Boneheaded, stubborn and selfish. HE wants to make the play, HE wants to see if he can zip that ball in there. If you want to practice accuracy, go throw through a tire. He's not thinking about the next few plays, the next quarter, he's not thinking about the fans or the coach. He's thinking "I can get that ball in there". And every time he ****s up, he's thinking "i'll just do it next time'. No mental adjustments, just, ...well, '**** it I'm going deep'. That article isn't funny anymore.. :(

Look at Grossman's career "highs" and that's all we should've ever expected. The guy is nothing more than a back up QB, end of story. And as exciting as it was to be 3-1, the bigger story is that the Colts will land Andrew Luck...we can only hope for Jones or Barkley.

Listen guys, I've lived in Chicago for my entire life. I witness the Grossman Era in as it played out week by week here. As some of us have figured out, Grossman was NEVER the answer. The 2011 Redskins are, personnel wise, worse than any group that Grossman played with in Chicago. He was successful in years past because he:

1. Made the occasional play and made good decisions. We've seen a few of those here thus far, but nothing since the Cardinals game.

2. Had a GREAT defense. Ours is getting better. They played great in the 2nd half.

3. Had a defense that could score. The bears defense has a knack for making big plays when they need to.

4. Devin Hester.

Bottom line, Grossman is not the answer, he was never the answer, and I personally believe should not be the starting QB for the Washington Redskins unless there is an injury. Hopefully Beck starts and plays the season. We find out if he can play and REGARDLESS, we draft or trade for a younger QB whom we can build around. It's the only way I see that we can begin to fix this offense.

I am not defending Grossman in any way....

But for the love of God, can we get a freaking STUD at ANY skill position? I mean, aside from Portis' first carry as a Skin, we really had ZERO explosive players on this team, save for 2005 Santana Moss. That was 6 years ago.....

i dont understand why our recievers cant get big. its like if the ball is thrown up and they know the defender has a chance, they dont step up.

its frustrating that every other team has receivers that will do so.

this was grossman's chance at redemption in the nfl, and id say its pretty much over.

But for the love of God' date=' can we get a freaking STUD at ANY skill position? I mean, aside from Portis' first carry as a Skin, we really had ZERO explosive players on this team, save for 2005 Santana Moss. That was 6 years ago.....[/quote']

I hear you. We haven't drafted a true stud as long as I can remember. Davis might be on his way though.

I feel bad for the guy, this was basically his last chance to be a starter in this league and unless Beck ****s the bed, this will probably it for him in the bigs. It takes guts to step up and take the blame, but at the end of the day it isn't going to change a thing about the fact that he's come up short in the majority of his starts.

I feel bad for the guy, this was basically his last chance to be a starter in this league and unless Beck ****s the bed, this will probably it for him in the bigs. It takes guts to step up and take the blame, but at the end of the day it isn't going to change a thing about the fact that he's come up short in the majority of his starts.

I don't feel sorry for him at all. When you say "we're gonna win the NFC East" and you play like he did, at home, against a division rival, after a bye week, you get no sympathy from me.

“When I came in we had the whole fourth quarter and that was enough time to potentially win the game and that was the number one thing on my mind. We were a couple of scores away from tying this thing up, potentially sending it into overtime and right now I’m thinking about those plays and what I could’ve done that so that way whatever happens next, the next time I get on the field, I want to be fully ready and do the best I can." -John Beck

This is what an NFL Qb is supposed to sound like. I know it's cold considering the guy just blew the last legitimate shot he'll ever get at leading an NFL football team, but that's life man. Crying, or almost crying, doesn't change a thing. Give me the guy who's got it together, is composed even in defeat, and thinking about the next game, his next shot at winning it, ALL... DAY... LONG... EVERY...DAY!

But for the love of God' date=' can we get a freaking STUD at ANY skill position? I mean, aside from Portis' first carry as a Skin, we really had ZERO explosive players on this team, save for 2005 Santana Moss. That was 6 years ago.....[/quote']I agree with this quote.

IMO Grossman needs to be replaced. But, watching our WR's struggle just to get off of the LOS and then open is getting ridiculous now.

Maby they teach that at Florida....that other Gators QB also had a pretty good speech once: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGOlJRNZIYg&feature=related

Fred Davis has grown up, he acts like a pro right now. Don't know if we can keep him after this season, so enjoy as long he is still a Redskin.

Edit:

Just saw the pressconv. ,not that impressed. He was down but not getting real emotional like Tebow or Dennis Green.

Coach Shanahan's presser on Monday is likely to reveal that both he and his son forgot that they indeed traded Rex Grossman to the Eagles last Thursday and that they are regretting starting an Eagle at QB for the Redskins on Sunday.

I thought there would be a thread on this but I saw Grossman's press conference on the Comcast postgame show and I was impressed. He was clearly emotional and looked like he was ready to cry at any moment. He explained his rationale for every INT and took the blame for each.

I know that doesn't change anything but I think it showed character and leadership. :applause:

Also later on Davis was interviewed and took the blame for two of Grossman's INTs. :applause: Gafney didn't support Grossman on his INT however. :hammer:

Again, doesn't change the score or excuse anything but I like character of this team.:point2sky

Why would Gafney defend Rex when he under threw him so badly. The guy gets one on one on the defender, gets two yards on him, and Rex can't get the ball to him. LOL.

the reason he was emotional was he finally figured it all out.....he isnt a starter at NFL level.

Im just peed that it took this long for the coaching staff to pull him off the field,every game this season ive cringed when he has thrown the ball.

Atleast with beck we have someone who actually looks like they want to get that offense moving up the field.Whether he can actually do that week in week out is another matter,,,we shall soon find out i hope.Rant over. =) HTTR!!!!

So Rex blamed Fred Davis for two of his interceptions, which I feel is a tacky thing to do. Even if it is true, that's still two interceptions on Rex. The dude is a turnover machine, and now he's throwing his teammates under the bus. Weak.

Archived