Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

No Kudos for Grossman's presser

Leonard Washington

So you guys giving Rex hell, would it had been better had he shown up with beer,drunk and laughing about it?

go and read what i wrote.

here's what i wanted:

an apology for single handidly losing the game

responsibility taken for all the interceptions, not throwing your lead receiver under the bus for one and a receiver on a scramble play for another

it's not that hard, but he took a horrible performance and then made it worse by blaming it on other players

oh and saying "i didn't think it was that big of a deal" about his first interception

if that's the guy you want leading then that's on you.

I don't get the venom I'm reading here. Rex is a good guy and a lousy quarterback. I don't doubt for a second that he's giving us his very best effort and wants nothing more than to help this team win. There have been too many prima donnas here over the years who didn't try hard and just wanted a paycheck. I'm impressed a lot by Rex's presser. He cares, and you have to respect that, at least.

All that doesn't mean that he has the ability necessary to be an effective starting quarterback. His best effort isn't good enough. I'm looking forward to Beck, and I sure hope he can do better...

Rex is like the opposite of Romo sits to pee. Romo sits to pee throws up big stats and get his team in position to win, before losing. Rex, does all the losing up front.

Do I feel sorry for him? Nope. This IS the Grossman that as advertised. It took a few weeks for him to show up, but he is here.

Sucks for him it didn't work out in the NFL, but that is life.

I don't have anything against Rex the person, but I don't want him as my team's QB.

No, but i dont understand why you would try to feel sorry for a guy who single handedly lost you the game. The NFL really is turning it a ***** league with all these bogus flags and now posters giving "kudos" to a terrible player who cried at a press conference after a loss.

I feel sorry for him because it was obvious he was trying and simply was terrible anyways.

No, but i dont understand why you would try to feel sorry for a guy who single handedly lost you the game. The NFL really is turning it a ***** league with all these bogus flags and now posters giving "kudos" to a terrible player who cried at a press conference after a loss.

So if your Boss told you you were fired and would never work in your chosen career again, you'd be happy about it?

The guy's not a good QB and I don't want him starting on my team but damn, he's human. I guess fans don't allow for that huh?

You are some cold ****s....

I'm not going to watch this game again, but for those of you who do, I have a question. After either the 3rd or 4th interception, Rex was running back to the sideline and it looked like one of our defensive guys kinda brushed him off/gave a slight elbow as the defender headed back to the field. Was that Fletcher?

I'd of had more respect for him if he'd turned around and said this was all on me, I hold my hands up, and I'll strive to get better.

Hail.

exactly, why is this so hard to figure out.

instead he blamed half his INTs on someone else, which a leader just does not do.

wait a minute.....

i think ASF is Grossman! i mean look at the similarities. Rex just slipped up and let out the excuses in the presser instead of making a thread on here about how without those picks caused by other people he's really great.

I'm not going to watch this game again, but for those of you who do, I have a question. After either the 3rd or 4th interception, Rex was running back to the sideline and it looked like one of our defensive guys kinda brushed him off/gave a slight elbow as the defender headed back to the field. Was that Fletcher?

it was the third INT right after young threw the INT and rex threw it right back. and it was fletch, i don't think it was malicious but if i were rex i wouldn't go anywhere near fletch after doing that.

So if your Boss told you you were fired and would never work in your chosen career again, you'd be happy about it?

The guy's not a good QB and I don't want him starting on my team but damn, he's human. I guess fans don't allow for that huh?

If you don't like the criticism and harsh consequences of your repeated **** up's, then don't accept the responsibility's and riches that go with being a pro NFL QB.

Your paid more than enough to have enough thick skin to take it.

And again, when he shifts blame to others rather than being a man and admitting it was ALL on him, I have little to no sympathy how down he feels.

Hail.

Not in this league

If you don't like the criticism and harsh consequences of your repeated **** up's, then don't accept the responsibility's and riches that go with being a pro NFL QB.

Your paid more than enough to have enough thick skin to take it.

And again, when he shifts blame to others rather than being a man and admitting it was ALL on him, I have little to no sympathy how down he feels.

Hail.

Grossman didn't blame anyone. He said it was all his fault. He said he expected Davis and Gafney to be in certain place on two of the INTs but owned up to throwing the ball. As many of you know, anticipation of your WR's position is key to playing QB.

Not a big fan of Rexy the player but not sure if i am in the mood to pile on him personally. but I'll say watching the press conference just now. the first INT he said "he didn't think it was a big deal", the 2nd one he said he normally hits in his sleep but over threw it. the third he blames on Fred but I didn't think he was too harsh on him, the 4th seemed like he somewhat blamed Gaffney for not coming back to the ball, though he didn't hit him too harshly. Yeah i don't get the comment about him really looking like a leader. He IMO seemed to be either dodging responsibility or playing it down. He wasn't IMO a jerk about it, but IMO far from exuded leadership.

Grossman didn't blame anyone. He said it was all his fault. He said he expected Davis and Gafney to be in certain place on two of the INTs but owned up to throwing the ball. As many of you know, anticipation of your WR's position is key to playing QB.

Have we listened to two different pressers? He alluded to it being a multitude of things, and then went into some elaborate dissecting of all four picks, switching blame on two of them to two other players.

He'd of been FAR better served just holding his hands up, and saying something along the lines of "NO excuses. This is ALL on me. I played horrid today and made some inexcusable decisions. But I'll be doing everything in my power this coming week to rectify that and make sure it doesn't happen again.'

Not the bumbling, emotional, blame shifting cringe worthy reaction he gave.

Hail.

you don't even hint at that though. you cannot be a leader and then say a ****ty interception wasn't your fault. you just say it was all on me. it's my fault, i lost this game. and how about the first response of him not thinking that his first INT was a big deal?

keys to playing the qb position involve a decent arm, good pocket awareness, and good decision making.

grossman is 0-3 on those.

He didn't say the word "blame" but in both cases he says he expected the Wrs to do something but they did something else. And in neither of those cases does he say its on him. So yeah I can see why people, myself included see him blaming the receivers. Sheehan on 980 took it the same way, Rex blaming Davis. I'll say to defend Rex, he wasn't nasty about it, he said it nicely but he didn't talk about what he did wrong he talked about what his receivers did wrong. So I presume he thinks he did nothing wrong, and maybe that's true but i agree with Sheehan that's not QB/leader like.

I'm not going to take any pity on Grossman. The guy LOST the game for the team. 4 interceptions is a bad day for a good QB, but the standard for him. The guy has a fundamental problem reading the coverage and is a sitting duck back there. He's not going to get any better because this is who he is since he's come into the league. The truly sad part is the Skins are stuck with him because this is who they (especially Kyle) wanted this year and at the end of last year. We're just going to have to live with him and more of these type of stinker games because they'll be more days like this.

It's strange how people see things differently. I saw that presser as being odd as hell.That is the second time that Grossman was behind the podium looking lost, confused and searching for words. Watching him muttle through his explanation of each and every interception was sad.

So you guys giving Rex hell, would it had been better had he shown up with beer,drunk and laughing about it?
Unfortunately, I'm not sure that we would have been able to tell much of a difference.

He played poorly..... But it happeneds. Even the great qb's throw int's, its part of the game. A couple weeks ago Brady threw a 4 pick game, and today Breese threw 3 picks. I am glade he is taking blame for them. Some times the ball dosent bounce your way, and it didnt today for Rex. But he owned up to them, even if they were not all his fault, so good for him!!

- Yes, the first pick thrown today hit Davis in the helmet..... Make the play dude, dont watch it bounce off your face. The 3rd pick looked like Davis ran the wrong route, and if Davis said he takes responciblity for it, then im sure he did run it wrong...... Davis did make some great plays today, but he even said it, 2 of those are on him!!!

Archived